Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,584 members, 7,837,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle (2608 Views)

Car Owners And Experts Can You Tell If A Vehicle Had Accident In The Past? / Torrot: A Vehicle Made For Lagos Traffic / How Can I Know A Car Is Not Stolen Before Purchasing It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 7:31am On Aug 17, 2022
QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE PURCHASING A VEHICLE
Before buying that car (especially one with a price that might be too good to be true), ask yourself these questions:

1-Is there rust, water stains, mold or mildew throughout the vehicle?

2-Is its interior damp in random spots?

3-Does the car smell unusual? Not that “new car smell” but more like a wet dog smell. Turn on the heat and air conditioning and keep the windows up - does it smell now?

4-Does the vehicle smell like someone went through and cleaned it excessively? Is that stench of disinfectant so strong you can barely breathe?

5-Are the electrical components of the vehicle running smoothly? Ask to take it on a test drive to make sure before the purchase.

6-Are the lights throughout the vehicle foggy or filled with moisture?

7-Is the vehicle being sold for less than market value? Why?

8-Did you run a VIN Check on this vehicle? Did anything suspicious come up as a result?
Did you request a full history report? Is there anything odd in this?

IMPORTANT ; If something seems suspicious, ask a mechanic or another expert before making that purchase.

www.cheunshow.com

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2022
Run a VIN Check on the vehicle, before purchasing.
Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 8:12am On Aug 29, 2022
Don’t fall a victim to buying cars with forged or fake documents to avoid the seizure of your vehicle.
Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 3:34pm On Aug 30, 2022
Ask the professionals
Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 8:10am On Sep 10, 2022
We carry you along in all steps to purchase your dream cars.
Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by joungblood(m): 1:42am On Sep 12, 2022
I did a Vin check on a vehicle n found this.
But the vehicle now is in perfect condition, fixed and you can't even tell this happened to it, now my question is, can one still go ahead and buy this car or I this picture a very bad problem that should make we not buy it, give ur advice please

Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 5:47am On Sep 12, 2022
Firstly, this car has been in use for four years after this accident.

TWO POINTS TO NOTE:

1- In considering the purchase of cars involved in collisions, we need to be sure that there was no structural damage, which can seriously affect the performance of the car.

Structural damage to a vehicle can be a serious issue. In some cases, the cost to repair the vehicle may exceed the value of the vehicle.

2- Another thing to consider is airbag deployment, this will tell us if the collision was severe.

CONCLUSIONS:
If there is structural damage to a car, avoid it.

If an airbag was deployed, make sure it was fixed or be ready to fix it after purchase.

Look out for shoddy repairs, especially in the area of painting and be ready to fix it if you must buy the car.

Finally, by looking at this picture, go ahead to buy this car, but take note that 4 years have passed after this accident, which means you can not know if there was another accident after it was brought to Nigeria.

THANK YOU FOR CHECKING BY.

CHEUN SHOW AUTO GALLERY.

joungblood:
I did a Vin check on a vehicle n found this.
But the vehicle now is in perfect condition, fixed and you can't even tell this happened to it, now my question is, can one still go ahead and buy this car or I this picture a very bad problem that should make we not buy it, give ur advice please
Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by joungblood(m): 12:02pm On Sep 12, 2022
Thanks alot, but what are the common issues of lexus RX350 2010-15, because it looks like almost perfect car for all weather and I've really not seen major complaints about it unlike other suvs

Cheunshow:
Firstly, this car has been in use for four years after this accident.

TWO POINTS TO NOTE:

1- In considering the purchase of cars involved in collisions, we need to be sure that there was no structural damage, which can seriously affect the performance of the car.

Structural damage to a vehicle can be a serious issue. In some cases, the cost to repair the vehicle may exceed the value of the vehicle.

2- Another thing to consider is airbag deployment, this will tell us if the collision was severe.

CONCLUSIONS:
If there is structural damage to a car, avoid it.

If an airbag was deployed, make sure it was fixed or be ready to fix it after purchase.

Look out for shoddy repairs, especially in the area of painting and be ready to fix it if you must buy the car.

Finally, by looking at this picture, go ahead to buy this car, but take note that 4 years have passed after this accident, which means you can not know if there was another accident after it was brought to Nigeria.

THANK YOU FOR CHECKING BY.

CHEUN SHOW AUTO GALLERY.

Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 12:09pm On Sep 12, 2022
I know it's a good car, being a Toyota product makes it even more sought after. I import cars and many people usually request RX350. A mechanic or owner of RX350 will be in the best position to highlight the common issues with it.

CHEUN SHOW AUTO GALLERY.
joungblood:

Thanks a lot, but what are the common issues of Lexus RX350 2010-15, because it looks like an almost perfect car for all weather and I've not seen major complaints about it unlike other SUVs

Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by joungblood(m): 1:19pm On Sep 12, 2022
Cheunshow:
I know it's a good car, being a Toyota product makes it even more sought after. I import cars and many people usually request RX350. A mechanic or owner of RX350 will be in the best position to highlight the common issues with it.

CHEUN SHOW AUTO GALLERY.

Do you currently have any for sale
Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2022
No RX350 on ground, I can only import it for you.

https://www.nairaland.com/7076638/cheap-cars-u.s/11#116580653

joungblood:

Do you currently have any for sale
Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 1:14pm On Sep 30, 2022
TWO POINTS TO NOTE:

Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 8:41pm On Oct 06, 2022
Before buying that car (especially one with a price that might be too good to be true), ask yourself these questions:

2-Is its interior damp in random spots?

3-Does the car smell unusual? Not that “new car smell” but more like a wet dog smell. Turn on the heat and air conditioning and keep the windows up - does it smell now?

4-Does the vehicle smell like someone went through and cleaned it excessively? Is that stench of disinfectant so strong you can barely breathe?

5-Are the electrical components of the vehicle running smoothly? Ask to take it on a test drive to make sure before the purchase.

6-Are the lights throughout the vehicle foggy or filled with moisture?

7-Is the vehicle being sold for less than market value? Why?

8-Did you run a VIN Check on this vehicle? Did anything suspicious come up as a result?
Did you request a full history report? Is there anything odd in this?

IMPORTANT ; If something seems suspicious, ask a mechanic or another expert before making that purchase.
Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 12:53pm On Oct 15, 2022

Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 8:35am On Nov 08, 2022
Always run full history reports on vehicles (VIN CHECK)
Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 5:01pm On Dec 18, 2022

www.cheunshow.com
Re: Questions To Ask Before Purchasing A Vehicle by Cheunshow: 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2023
A vehicle history report includes all the prior information you may need to judge the credibility of your intent car purchase.

For full history reports on vehicles (VIN CHECK)
Call/WhatsApp 08023209748
https://cheunshow.com/

(1) (Reply)

Honda City 2005-2008 Engine Free Gift / Air Condition Issues In Toyota Camry 2008 GLX / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.