Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,125 members, 7,821,862 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism (38042 Views)

Burkina Faso's 34-Year-Old Leader Traore Is Most Handsome President In The World / Donald Trump Pleads Not Guilty To 34 Felony Charges / Nourah Al-qahtani: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 45 Yrs In Prison Over 'twitter Post' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Yankee101: 2:23am On Aug 18, 2022
This is repressive and ill thought out
You can't keep people oppressed forever

1 Like

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by error4040: 2:23am On Aug 18, 2022
Naajjii:
I know they will be here to attack Muslims. It is Saudis law, if you are Saudis citizen you follow it if not you go to another country and get it citizenship.

Don't mind the bunch of HYPOCRITE

90% on this forum are just Sentimental, they don't read well before begin spilling Trash.

She was initially sentenced to serve three years in prison for the “crime” of using an internet website to “cause public unrest and destabilise civil and national security”

It's like Public unrest in Nigeria had made we Nigerians believe it's Norms.

causing Civil and National Unrest is Treason even in NIGERIA.
SMH.

1 Like

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Chnbanc: 2:43am On Aug 18, 2022
jimetagambo:
Dictatorship which is common in countries like Saudi, China, North Korea, Russia, Belarus e.t.c . She is lucky she wasn't sentenced to death by beheading.
By the time she will come out. She will be close to 80yrs.
Why are some government stringent in their laws?
I pray for her and other people who are facing unjust prosecution from government
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Moneyboyz: 3:06am On Aug 18, 2022
Religion of peace.
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by lexy2014: 3:22am On Aug 18, 2022
fergie001:

SOURCE

Let's look at this. Roman Abrahimovich is persecuted by the UK govt. He is stripped of his assets he acquired with his own money, the same assets he has used to provide employment for the British people and provide income for their govt. His crime...he is a friend of Putin.

The Saudi govt led by defacto leader Mohammed bin Salman (MBS) clamps down on dissidents. Those it can't reach, it arrests their families indefinitely. Others like khasshogi weren't so lucky. Yet the british govt allowed MBS to buy Newcastle united.

1 Like

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by lexy2014: 3:25am On Aug 18, 2022
error4040:

Don't mind the bunch of HYPOCRITE

90% on this forum are just Sentimental, they don't read well before begin spilling Trash.

She was initially sentenced to serve three years in prison for the “crime” of using an internet website to “cause public unrest and destabilise civil and national security”

It's like Public unrest in Nigeria had made we Nigerians believe it's Norms.

causing Civil and National Unrest is Treason even in NIGERIA.
SMH.

How did she use the internet to "cause public unrest and destabilise civil and national security”?

What was Jamal Khasshogis crime?
When did "causing Civil and National Unrest become Treason even in NIGERIA"? Can you quote the law?

1 Like

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by DevilSignature: 3:38am On Aug 18, 2022
PHYTECH:

KSA is not a terrorist IPOB region. When you're in rome you behave like a Roman. Die islam is the fastest growing terrorist group on earth. I Kill myself
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Gbeng30(m): 4:07am On Aug 18, 2022
What a country in this century, some people still see social media activities as a crime Nawa oo..the kind of bondage some people have put themselves is even worse than the one they are accusing devil of doing
....I'm sure we'll be okay

1 Like

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by bellotaofeek: 4:27am On Aug 18, 2022
I know someone right now will be thinking of Twitter ban again. Shame !
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Spandau: 4:31am On Aug 18, 2022
Reallife17:
People really living in bondage! These dudes crazy undecided

This is the kind of life a certain lunatic on this forum has been wishing on us all.

Ibkhaleel is his moniker. Watch out for him.

2 Likes

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by sameks08(m): 4:35am On Aug 18, 2022
For the long period when Jehovah's witnesses said to me that devil rules the earth I use to doubt it but now I can say that I was wrong. devil trully rules the world
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by begge: 5:21am On Aug 18, 2022
Islam is a religion of bondage and agony
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by BeanmanX(m): 5:26am On Aug 18, 2022
Backward people,,,,
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by error4040: 5:32am On Aug 18, 2022
lexy2014:

How did she use the internet to "cause public unrest and destabilise civil and national security”?

When did "causing Civil and National Unrest become Treason even in NIGERIA"? Can you quote the law?

I don't need to Quote anything for you, but as a citizen of a nation going to another nation then sending backlash towards your country of Origin Causing Civil unrest or national unrest towards your Country is Treason.
Oga all this your Questions channel it to Saudi Embassy.
And Question them about how they conduct their law
as for me the above MEME is my answer.

Mtxhwww why am I even replying you sef angry

Fckkkkk off jare

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Emmanuel909090: 5:39am On Aug 18, 2022
It's way better, than the way our young girls have turned online prostitute's no dignity.
Zero morals
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by lebienconnu: 5:41am On Aug 18, 2022
Ayilara1:

Using Archaic and Qur'an together is just like saying intelligent oluwaseyi

That is a good shot. The guy may not be intelligent enough to appreciate it though. If he does, he should go on dry fasting for a year.
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Exceed15: 6:01am On Aug 18, 2022
Emmyreal4:
Religion of peace

Pieces
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by tafat: 6:09am On Aug 18, 2022
Na wa o, some people are literally living in a prison undecided
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by lexy2014: 6:33am On Aug 18, 2022
error4040:

I don't need to Quote anything for you, but as a citizen of a nation going to another nation then sending backlash towards your country of Origin Causing Civil unrest or national unrest towards your Country is Treason.
Oga all this your Questions channel it to Saudi Embassy.
And Question them about how they conduct their law
as for me the above MEME is my answer.

Mtxhwww why am I even replying you sef angry

Fckkkkk off jare

Did you channel anything to Saudi embassy before you arrived at your conclusion?

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Abelino(m): 6:35am On Aug 18, 2022
You no just get sense. Keep supporting evil
Naajjii:
I know they will be here to attack Muslims. It is Saudis law, if you are Saudis citizen you follow it if not you go to another country and get it citizenship.
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by lexy2014: 6:36am On Aug 18, 2022
oluwaseyi0:

Saudi law gotten from the archaic Quran grin grin grin

what Islam terrorists cannot spoil does not exit

How was the law used in this instance gotten from the quran?

1 Like

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by error4040: 6:50am On Aug 18, 2022
lexy2014:

[s]Did you channel anything to Saudi embassy before you arrived at your conclusion?[/s]

Bruuh from the way you keep repeating gibberish I feel you have no idea how Monarchy Rule works.

Go another state then come out public forum and start Leaking bout confidential and sloppily view regarding the KING/OBA/EMIR of your Region and then comeback here and tell us the outcome.

The whole world know the Saudis practice certain law, as a Saudi citizen you are Expected to respect and follow it.
Which I believe she knew very Well about but still went ahead Travel to another country And started speaking about her country of Origin despite still a citizen to Saudi and not the UK.
How hard is
how is leaking classified material/intel (Be it good or Bad)
about the a Nation or the Head of a nation not tagged as Treason.

This is why the whole World respect the Russians in terms of Patriotism they respect the Orthodoxy, Autocracy, and Nationality motto even with a bullet to their heads they won't go about spilling Intel to the Public.
lexy2014:

You are a clown!
Wait do you only read News headlines and just make up the whole story on your own ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45812399

Read the full details here and what happened to those Responsible for his death.

lexy2014:

Which LAW do you have in Nigeria ?
Just mention a single LAW that works.

Mtchwww I can't believe I'm even having thic conversation.

See abeg no mention me again.
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by moredollar(m): 6:53am On Aug 18, 2022
Emmyreal4:
Religion of peace
This isn't about religion........the crown Prince himself is a crazy dude. Someone that went as far as ordering the murder of Jamal Khasoggi......

1 Like

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Shaggyswang(f): 7:01am On Aug 18, 2022
More feminists especially the empty-headed, manipulative, bitter, hungry, olosho Nigerian ones like Jennyclay need this kind of treatment

2 Likes

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Legendforte: 7:05am On Aug 18, 2022
Fcwilly:
Highly oppressive, from Iran to Afghanistan to Iraq to Lebanon to Oman, to Yemen to Pakistan even to the said Holy city Saudi Arabia. Very violent set of people.
Like what i wanted to say. Modern day people are too sentimental. But that jail period is very much. Westerners have been forcing their awkward culture on other nations.
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Joshtaylorayne: 7:16am On Aug 18, 2022
Salma al-Shehab, 34, a mother of two young children and a PhD Student in the University of Leeds, was initially sentenced to serve three years in prison for the “crime” of using an internet website to “cause public unre

Man U confused as Bleep front page showed 34 yes
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by webizone(m): 7:24am On Aug 18, 2022
Reallife17:
People really living in bondage! These dudes crazy undecided
My thoughts exactly.
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Milliano101: 7:26am On Aug 18, 2022
embarassed so sad
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by nsiba: 7:27am On Aug 18, 2022
This is the kind of life one DerrickzB and his imbec-ile followers crave for

Very useless Russian maggots who are not worthy of living in this earth but in hell with Satan
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by uniquetechng: 7:34am On Aug 18, 2022
Botbit:
It's all good

Saudi is friend of USA

There will be outhrage if this is Russia or china
Or of the enemy countries of the west.
Dont even mention China and Russia, those two countries are worse when it comes to oppression and dictatorship.

1 Like

Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by Corea4king(m): 7:39am On Aug 18, 2022
Naajjii:

What are you saying, is Sharia Law not the national Law in Saudi?
Am referring Nigeria
Re: Salma Al-shehab: Saudi Woman Sentenced To 34 Yrs In Prison For Twitter Activism by lexy2014: 8:25am On Aug 18, 2022
error4040:

Bruuh from the way you keep repeating gibberish I feel you have no idea how Monarchy Rule works.

Go another state then come out public forum and start Leaking bout confidential and sloppily view regarding the KING/OBA/EMIR of your Region and then comeback here and tell us the outcome.

The whole world know the Saudis practice certain law, as a Saudi citizen you are Expected to respect and follow it.
Which I believe she knew very Well about but still went ahead Travel to another country And started speaking about her country of Origin despite still a citizen to Saudi and not the UK.
How hard is
how is leaking classified material/intel (Be it good or Bad)
about the a Nation or the Head of a nation not tagged as Treason.

This is why the whole World respect the Russians in terms of Patriotism they respect the Orthodoxy, Autocracy, and Nationality motto even with a bullet to their heads they won't go about spilling Intel to the Public.

You are a clown!
Wait do you only read News headlines and just make up the whole story on your own ?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-45812399

Read the full details here and what happened to those Responsible for his death.

Which LAW do you have in Nigeria ?
Just mention a single LAW that works.

Mtchwww I can't believe I'm even having thic conversation.

See abeg no mention me again.

Offpoint...you haven't answered the questions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jean-Pierre: First Black Woman & LGBTQ Person Appointed White House Press Sec / Prince Harry Says William ‘Attacked’ Him & Left Him Knocked To The Floor / US Coronavirus Stimulus Cheques To Feature Trump's Signature

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.