Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:33 AM

U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) (29075 Views)

Nigeria Defeats France In Opening Game Of FIFA U20 Women's World Cup / Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 Women's World Cup - 0 - 1 (Full Time) / Russia 2018 World Cup: Nigeria In Pot 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) by Mercury12(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2022
Richy4:
They are doing very well.. I am very proud of them..

Though I have seen similar stuff that taught me a big lesson in male soccer game.. I guess it was last year in Cameroon.. The boys did so well on group stage.. practically won all their matches... all hopes were up.. But then, something unexplainable happened..

Let me quietly watch and wish them well secretly without heart investment... HBP is real.. cheesy

Those girl are superb. They bringing home the cup

1 Like

Re: U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) by KINGTELLER: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
Re: U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) by KINGTELLER: 12:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
Congrats to the Falconets

1 Like

Re: U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) by loganx: 12:11pm On Aug 18, 2022
The girls are very young, they deserve our praise and support.

Definitely, they would graduate to the super falcons as a very vibrant team.

1 Like

Re: U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) by Softmirror: 12:16pm On Aug 18, 2022
Rajahbite:
The Falconets were never given a chance with opponents in the likes of France , Canada and South Korea but against all odds , they made it to the next stage.
Kudos to them !

WHILE BEATING THEM ALL! AM NOT SURPRISED THOUGH I WAS OPTIMISTIC THEY WILL TRIUMPH.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) by Rumundele(m): 1:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
They played very well if they keep this spirit high, surely no team can defeat us, but still more work to be done on goalkeepers, what she did that resulted to that goal was totally unacceptable. How can you pass a ball to where is already covered, knowing fully well any mistake there will be goal, i hope she learns from that. Well our girls recovered quickly to earn the deserved victory with 100% record.

Netherlands are very strong side too, i expect the coach to go back and watch their matches and perfect the right tactics to deploy in the match.

1 Like

Re: U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) by mechanics(m): 2:25pm On Aug 18, 2022
They are really hot.
Re: U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) by subcbouy: 3:00pm On Aug 18, 2022
Na season wey sexy ladies dey Buga won! Congrats ladies falconet.

1 Like

Re: U20 Women's World Cup: Nigeria 3 : 1 Canada (Highlights) by perdollar(m): 3:35pm On Sep 06, 2022
KosiGee:

I think they will do well. My biggest fear during the group stage was the French girls. The Nigerian girls have worked very hard but I think luck has been on their side as well. The first match could’ve gone either way same as the second match against South Korea.

The goal from tue French was disallowed, some other referee might’ve allowed it, several incursions into the Falconet’s goal area…against Korea, they struck the upright etc.

No doubt about the tenacity of the falconets, after the first goal early this morning, they showed grit, lots of energy chasing every ball. Poor shooting was their problem. Okpe would’ve scored a couple if she got her acts right.
They scored from the penalty spot twice in the first half by same girl that scored a stunner against Korea.

The Nigeria coach was shouting instructions from the sideline throughout the duration of the match. It was very awkward, I think he need to let the girls play. It almost felt like they were being remote controlled from the sideline….15mins to go and his cracked voice was still being heard. I think the girls were scared or inhibited sometimes especially when someone needed to take on the Canadian girls around the 18yard box. The coach was shouting and you’d see that the girls didn’t felt restrained to use their initiatives.

They played well. It’s been a while I saw Nigerian female players running, chasing opponents and tackling the way they did today. I commend them for the way they dispossessed the Canadians without committing many fouls.

Their captain and centre back reminds me of Wendie Renard of France. She’s shorter than Renard but plays with the same intelligence, bravery, calmness.
howfar for ds ur long turenci

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Messi Equals Ronaldo Record Of Most Hat-Tricks Scored In La Liga History / Throwback Picture Of Asisat Oshoala As A Child / Super Falcons Celebrate 2-0 Victory Against South Korea In The Dressing Room

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.