Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,138 members, 7,814,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:38 AM

What I Think About Fast Charging - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / What I Think About Fast Charging (1991 Views)

I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. / Infinix To Launch 160 Watts Fast Charging Smartphone / Infinix Note 4 Pro - Not Fast Charging (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Think About Fast Charging by henrygold100: 7:46am On Aug 18, 2022
I always think that all this fast charging abi fast charge abi 100% in 30min is not good for phones. What do you guys think about it.

Educate us if you know more about them
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Chaos14: 8:02am On Aug 18, 2022
henrygold100:
I always think that all this fast charging abi fast charge abi 100% in 30min is not good for phones. What do you guys think about it.

I used to think fast charging didn't last as much as a regular charge

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by chigoziri2403(m): 8:39am On Aug 18, 2022
Fast charging is for people always on the go, where you can charge your phone within a limited time
A 30 minutes charge might be enough for that day
Some people don't have the luxury of charge their phones to full capacity
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by henrygold100: 10:39am On Aug 18, 2022
chigoziri2403:
Fast charging is for people always on the go, where you can charge your phone within a limited time
A 30 minutes charge might be enough for that day
Some people don't have the luxury of charge their phones to full capacity
but it kills the battery
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Whois(m): 11:49am On Aug 18, 2022
henrygold100:
but it kills the battery

My Samsung A21 came with a fast charger. Do you mean the follow come charger will spoil the phone's battery ? shocked

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Onyeka90210(m): 11:54am On Aug 18, 2022
Nah, it's safe, the major thing that weakens battery is the charge cycle. The higher the charge cycle, the weaker the battery.
So there's this ideology people have, the faster it takes your phone to charge, the more cycles it'll get, that's technically not true.
If you charge a fast charging phone once a day
And charge a normal charging phone once a day
They both get the same amount of wear, cause battery is being drained and charged up once in 24hrs, that's one cycle.
The only thing about fast charging phone is that the users tend to push the phones usage, knowing fully we'll that it can charge under and hour, so they are not conserving battery at all.
While for someone who's phone takes about 2-3hrs to charge might not want to push the phone, cause of the stress of charging.
So the one with the fast charger might go 2-3 cycles per day
Why the normal one just 1 cycle.
So on the long run the fast charging one will degrade faster, if used that way sha, but asides that it's safe
I still use an 18w brick for(fast charge) 5000mah and it goes to full about an hour.
I think you'll be needing above 45w for emergencies.
Like your phone is low, but you plan on leaving your house, then you take the 45w brick instead of the normal(18-25w).
Or you can get a high watt(above 30w) PD(power delivery) powerbank for emergencies sha.

12 Likes

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Saibits(m): 11:58am On Aug 18, 2022
henrygold100:

It's the heat generated that's not good for phones, if u have 2 separate batteries in a phone to make up 5000 mah, fast charging works extremely well.
Some phones manufacturers make cool down systems for their fast charging devices.

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by chigoziri2403(m): 12:06pm On Aug 18, 2022
henrygold100:
but it kills the battery
How?
Explain
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by 8BitGee(m): 12:09pm On Aug 18, 2022
Battery charging must typically exceed 10 watts in wattage in order to be termed fast.

For modern devices, fast charging won't harm your smartphone much unless there are technical problems with either the phone's battery or the charging cable or adapter. The problem for batteries really is the heat generated whether with fast chargers or normal chargers.

Importantly, your phone is not charging at full capacity all the time, even when you're using a fast charger as the charging process is divided into two:

1. Rapid charge: When the battery is still at a lesser capacity, the first phase is meant to top it off quickly.

2. Slow charge: The second stage slows down the charging process to reduce heat, which lessens the strain on the smartphone's battery life.

See the charge rate chart below. Notice how it flat-lines at the top.

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by seanwilliam(m): 12:59pm On Aug 18, 2022
8BitGee:
Battery charging must typically exceed 10 watts in wattage in order to be termed fast.

For modern devices, fast charging won't harm your smartphone much unless there are technical problems with either the phone's battery or the charging cable or adapter. The problem for batteries really is the heat generated whether with fast chargers or normal chargers.

Importantly, your phone is not charging at full capacity all the time, even when you're using a fast charger as the charging process is divided into two:

1. Rapid charge: When the battery is still at a lesser capacity, the first phase is meant to top it off quickly.

2. Slow charge: The second stage slows down the charging process to reduce heat, which lessens the strain on the smartphone's battery life.

See the charge rate chart below. Notice how it flat-lines at the top.
hmm educative
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Nobody: 1:05pm On Aug 18, 2022
My phone charger charges very fast. Like under 30 mins it full. It also charges my power bank full under 30 mins.

Im happy because charger don suffer me for this life. One of my former chargers used to charge fullly only overnight. During the day, it takes 7hours to charge. So I don't mind fast chargers abeg. Under few mins I'm off and armed with a full battery and power bank. grin. Nothing like it.

4 Likes

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by mespusinglez(m): 2:13pm On Aug 18, 2022
HMM LET ME JUST GO AND BUY THIS REDMI WEY DEY FULL IN 18 MINUTES
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by jeromestarks: 2:50pm On Aug 18, 2022
Whois:

My Samsung A21 came with a fast charger. Do you mean the follow come charger will spoil the phone's battery ? shocked
How long have you be using the phone?
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by YourFavorite21(m): 3:19pm On Aug 18, 2022
My Samsung Galaxy A50 has the "Fast charging mode" and also another option for "Normal charging mode"
With the fast charging it takes my phone 1 hour 20 minutes to full.

But with the normal charging mode it will take 2hours.
I don't think it affects my battery's performance though.

Just that I use the fast charging mode often because I no trust NEPA for my area, they fit take light any time. grin

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Whois(m): 3:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
jeromestarks:

How long have you be using the phone?

About a month boss
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by iLegendd(m): 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2022
My Oppo charges fully in 30 minutes and it lasts forever. I mean, more than a day with 24/7 usage.

My Gionee spends more than an hour and it lasts for long too, but the Oppo edges it a little bit.

Though, the Oppo is brand new and two times more expensive than the Gionee that is fairly used yet still good.

I no longer use iPhone, but my iPhone charges fast too and lasts long, but not anymore, so I dumped it.

My recommendation when it comes to
1. Fast charging? Oppo
2. Battery life? Oppo, Gionee and...
3. Camera? Vivo
4. Status and security? iPhone

I have used lots of phones, so I speak from experience.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Ay04z(m): 8:14pm On Aug 18, 2022
YourFavorite21:
My Samsung Galaxy A50 has the "Fast charging mode" and also another option for "Normal charging mode"
With the fast charging it takes my phone 1 hour 20 minutes to full.

But with the normal charging mode it will take 2hours.
I don't think it affects my battery's performance though.

Just that I use the fast charging mode often because I no trust NEPA for my area, they fit take light any time. grin
hw many years ur a50... Mine 4 years..... I notice decline in my battery life
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by 99thEnemy(m): 9:51pm On Aug 18, 2022
It just uses more power to charge your phone.

Steady voltage more Amps of current.

It has negligible impact on your battery life. And the charge will last just as long as normal charge would.

It's just a funky name for improvement in the way chargers and the batteries made for them are now.

Just like there is LED TV and then came OLED TV simple.

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Joelobioha(m): 9:58pm On Aug 18, 2022
On the contrary phone battery depletes it's lasting ability after some years if u understand the science behind batteries electrons travelling to and fro between thin wafers of matetials.. Some loose K.E what u call.."my battery no dey hold charge"hope my lack of fingers doesn't prevent the perception of my air quotes grin undecided

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Shady92(m): 10:07pm On Aug 18, 2022
Same too. Mine is 4years, its always on power saving mode. I only use my most used app
Ay04z:
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by 1x2x3: 11:43pm On Aug 18, 2022
Important Tip.

To prolong your battery health, keep your charge at 85% max.
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by drmuchin: 1:21am On Aug 19, 2022
KNOWLEDGE IS POWER
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Whois(m): 7:59am On Aug 19, 2022
I dont let my phone get below 80% before i charge it back to 100 grin You don't have to be told when you're in Nigeria you charge your phone to 100

1x2x3:
Important Tip.

To prolong your battery health, keep your charge at 85% max.

1 Like

Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by donbenie(m): 8:03am On Aug 19, 2022
mespusinglez:
HMM LET ME JUST GO AND BUY THIS REDMI WEY DEY FULL IN 18 MINUTES
Better soup na money kill am..
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by YourFavorite21(m): 9:42am On Aug 19, 2022
Ay04z:
2 Years. Which phone are you using?
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by YourFavorite21(m): 9:49am On Aug 19, 2022
iLegendd:
My Oppo charges fully in 30 minutes and it lasts forever. I mean, more than a day with 24/7 usage.

My Gionee spends more than an hour and it lasts for long too, but the Oppo edges it a little bit.

Though, the Oppo is brand new and two times more expensive than the Gionee that is fairly used yet still good.

I no longer use iPhone, but my iPhone charges fast too and lasts long, but not anymore, so I dumped it.

My recommendation when it comes to
1. Fast charging? Oppo
2. Battery life? Oppo, Gionee and...
3. Camera? Vivo
4. Status and security? iPhone

I have used lots of phones, so I speak from experience.
which model of Oppo?
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by Ay04z(m): 10:26am On Aug 19, 2022
YourFavorite21:
2 Years. Which phone are you using?
a50
Re: What I Think About Fast Charging by YourFavorite21(m): 11:56am On Aug 19, 2022
Ay04z:
a50
okay

(1) (Reply)

Oneplus One Users (lets Meet Here) / Is The Gionee S Plus Worth It's Price / Jumia Wahala!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.