Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,546 members, 7,812,718 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:59 PM

I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. (28729 Views)

A Line With No Revenue-generating Capacity In 1 Year Will Be Disconnected - MTN / Help!!! I Mistakenly Overloaded My Airtel Line / How To Get 6gb With N3000 Or 3gb With N2000 On 9mobile. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by FromZeroToHero(m): 7:44am On Feb 20, 2022
I have this airtel line I only use for browsing. Its not my personal line, just strictly for browsing. Though sometimes I make calls with it whenever there's a bonus airtime in it. So yesterday I saw a credit alert of N3000 worth of airtime and I think It was a mistake by someone. I called customer care but they refused to reveal the identity of the person. I seriously want to make a refund but I don't know to do so.

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Nobody: 7:45am On Feb 20, 2022
congrats to u

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by donbachi(m): 7:49am On Feb 20, 2022
Na like dis the miracle alert dey take enter too..after una go sey e no possible.

Enjoy.

100 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by chatinent: 7:49am On Feb 20, 2022
Oh, so it was you. Do send it back to me. No bi you I bi wan send am.

135 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by endsarrrs(f): 7:51am On Feb 20, 2022
Similarly, Someone once credited my v-mobile line mistakenly and later called me to please resend the airtime. They explained it was to be sold and the money used to pay a hospital bill. I had to register with v-mobile "share & sell" package then i returned the airtime back.

Couple of days later, they called and thanked me for being honest and that i saved a childs life by my good-deed returning the 6k airtime.

253 Likes 26 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Artiiclebeast: 7:55am On Feb 20, 2022
The number that sent you the credit is right there on the narration.

Add a 0 to the number and cal it up..

161 Likes 7 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Rubxsky: 8:16am On Feb 20, 2022
Artiiclebeast:
The number that sent you the credit is right there on the narrataion.

The person who sent it could also call him if he/she wanted the refund. Op's phone no should be in his bank alert.

37 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:45am On Feb 20, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

That's not the person's number. It's an airtel official number used in selling VTU. I have called it countless times and its switched off

208 Likes 8 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by FromZeroToHero(m): 8:46am On Feb 20, 2022
chatinent:
Oh, so it was you. Do send it back to me. No bi you I bi wan send am.
if you are the one kindly call me.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by 9182736455O1999(m): 9:01am On Feb 20, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

believe me when i tell you that. That's not the number.

38 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Eyanbahose: 9:02am On Feb 20, 2022
Why can't the customer service guys help out knowing it was a mistake? They should make provisions for these kinds of mistakes cos it always happens.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by SUPERPACK: 9:10am On Feb 20, 2022
Even if the sender calls you be careful and only send back to the phone number or bank account it originated from. This could be a stolen fund or money laundering.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by phenase(m): 9:39am On Feb 20, 2022
grin ENJOY YOUR CREDITS
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Jirilistic(m): 9:44am On Feb 20, 2022
Same happened to me last year
I received airtime in an mtn line I hardly use from two separate numbers and it amounted to about to 3063 naira
Waited for the person to call but there was no call
The airtime still dey dat sim till now

8 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Kenkeye: 10:39am On Feb 20, 2022
Similar thing happened to me. But in my case, I credited a wrong number. It was on a Sunday morning. I called the person but he told me that he was in church. He further said that he would do the needful when he returns home.

I was optimistic. My thought was that since he is a Christian, perhaps a dedicated Christian, then returning the credit shouldn't be considered debatable to him.

I called several times later in the evening, but my guy refused to receive my calls. He didn't return my credit. I was really disappointed.

So OP, the sender may soon call you. Don't change your mind about doing what is right. Don't be tempted into being a disappointment to whoever or whatever you represent.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by kushercain: 10:53am On Feb 20, 2022
This once happened to me although it was just 1k card. The werey cut my calls after. Lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Isacar(m): 11:23am On Feb 20, 2022
Me self don credit person number instead of mine. I was feeling sleepy as soon as I purchased card using ussd, I received a debit alert but Slept off, wen I woke up, to call d, ur account is limited...........

The funniest part was dat, after a while the person I credit sent a request to me to credit d same number, and I was like wtf......

17 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Isacar(m): 11:24am On Feb 20, 2022
FromZeroToHero:
I have this airtel line I only use for browsing. Its not my personal line, just strictly for browsing. Though sometimes I make calls with it whenever there's a bonus airtime in it. So yesterday I saw a credit alert of N3000 worth of airtime and I think It was a mistake by someone. I called customer care but they refused to reveal the identity of the person. I seriously want to make a refund but I don't know to do so.

Bro if d person no call, or u are unable to return it, and maybe u no wan use am, abeg u ft share me some, so I ft get data do some school work tnks...........

Or pls share some data Also Airtel

1 Like

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Passionnn: 11:34am On Feb 20, 2022
I was on my own jejely one Monday morning when someone called me to tell me they mistakenly sent recharge pins to my message inbox. The person begged me not to load them. I assured the person that I won't load them.
30 minutes later, the person called again that the cards have been resent to the real destination and the person confirmed I didn't touch it. He further told me his father wished to speak with me.
When the "father" spoke, it was with a fake Yoruba accent. He introduced himself as a babalawo from Ile Ife. He asked me to get a sachet of water. He wanted to pray for me. I told him I am with one. After the prayers, he told me he could make me very rich. All I needed to do was to send him 50k to buy the necessary materials for the sacrifice.
419 people, very creative. My only joy that day was that he was the one burning his airtime. I was just playing along.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Nobody: 11:57am On Feb 20, 2022
Passionnn:
I was on my own jejely one Monday morning when someone called me to tell me they mistakenly sent recharge pins to my message inbox. The person begged me not to load them. I assured the person that I won't load them.
30 minutes later, the person called again that the cards have been resent to the real destination and the person confirmed I didn't touch it. He further told me his father wished to speak with me.
When the "father" spoke, it was with a fake Yoruba accent. He introduced himself as a babalawo from Ile Ife. He asked me to get a sachet of water. He wanted to pray for me. I told him I am with one. After the prayers, he told me he could make me very rich. All I needed to do was to send him 50k to buy the necessary materials for the sacrifice.
419 people, very creative. My only joy that day was that he was the one burning his airtime. I was just playing along.
grin

8 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by silibaba: 11:58am On Feb 20, 2022
donbachi:
Na like dis the miracle alert dey take enter too..after una go sey e no possible.

Enjoy.
he should call the number on the later Alert and return the fund asap

1 Like

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by kozmokaz(m): 12:17pm On Feb 20, 2022
Jirilistic:
Same happened to me last year
I received airtime in an mtn line I hardly use from two separate numbers and it amounted to about to 3063 naira
Waited for the person to call but there was no call
The airtime still dey dat sim till now

Swear cheesy
Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by undercurrent(m): 12:23pm On Feb 20, 2022
SUPERPACK:
Even if the sender calls you be careful and only send back to the phone number or bank account it originated from. This could be a stolen fund or money laundry.
The level of una reasoning for this naira land get as e be. So N3000 na money laundering abi. Well done

22 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by SUPERPACK: 1:03pm On Feb 20, 2022
undercurrent:
The level of una reasoning for this naira land get as e be. So N3000 na money laundering abi. Well done
Your level of Ignorance is high.

14 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by swaqq(m): 1:13pm On Feb 20, 2022
Baba will soon call you, no worry

6 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Tallesty1(m): 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
Artiiclebeast:

That's not the sender

4 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Antivenom: 1:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
Passionnn:
Experienced exactly same 2 weeks ago, from good deed to scam.....blocked the criminal immediately.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 1:17pm On Feb 20, 2022
I made this kind mistake do 5k data for someone, I actually missed a number... É pain me ehn.

The most painful part is the person na someone that don't browse or use smart phone, cos when I called the na one old woman pick am

14 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by soundOsonic: 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
I made this mistake, I called customer care, they reversed my money back

4 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by soundOsonic: 2:16pm On Feb 20, 2022
I made this mistake, I called customer care, they reversed my money back. Thank God

2 Likes

Re: I Think Someone Mistakenly Credited My Airtel Line With N3000. by Mohbola(f): 2:29pm On Feb 20, 2022
3000 Stolen funds? lmao
SUPERPACK:
Even if the sender calls you be careful and only send back to the phone number or bank account it originated from. This could be a stolen fund or money laundry.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Hate Glo Network....they Gave Me False Hope! / Permanently Unlock The New Spectranet E5573s-606 Mifi 4G Modem / Download Clash Of Clans Mod APK + Obb for Android (unlimited Everything Gems)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.