Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,411 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings (20288 Views)

CBN Asks Nigerians To Reject Old Naira Notes From Banks / CBN Asks Banks To Return All Mutilated Notes Between June 3 & September 2 / CBN Orders Banks To Spy On 19 Persons (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by philiancoop(m): 11:03am On Aug 18, 2022
P
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Nobody: 11:03am On Aug 18, 2022
Maintenance fee will wipe it out
If you’re the type that uses your account for transactions on a regular
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Nobody: 11:06am On Aug 18, 2022
ponzi scheme alert
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by onuman: 11:07am On Aug 18, 2022
apache22b:
This is as a result of the meeting he had with Tinubu .. Better days ahead for us all in this Country when Tinubu assumes office . We shall enjoy the true dividends of democracy

There's no amount of lies Tinubu urchinss are not ready to tell to sell their Agbado and Casava man.
Can old Tinubu withstand such an intricate meeting that is supposed to last for more than one hour?

Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by SouthSouth1914: 11:09am On Aug 18, 2022
On paper YES! But in reality, it is Nigerians that will pay the banks and CBN 4.2 percent. If you don’t get it…
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by RepoMan007: 11:09am On Aug 18, 2022
Will this make people save more and improve fortunes economically.
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Kellie069(m): 11:10am On Aug 18, 2022
Lol! Who never see food chop nA e wan go save money for bank? Mumu pple!!!
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Benwallt(m): 11:11am On Aug 18, 2022
I Not gained #1 from my bank since I registered. This is fraud
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by smith946: 11:11am On Aug 18, 2022
Do they give interest before?
Only 1.55 naira after about every 6 months.
After collecting bank maintainance, atm, transfer, receiving and card fees.
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Traplord09: 11:13am On Aug 18, 2022
dre11:
More money for Nigerians as CBN asks banks to pay higher interest on savings
The rate has been revised from 10 per cent to 30 per cent of the Monetary Policy Rate (MPR).

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/549232-more-money-for-nigerians-as-cbn-asks-banks-to-pay-higher-interest-on-savings.html

What there are trying to say
No more 30%. It have gone back to 10%

Make I da see my account ...
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Elidrisy20: 11:16am On Aug 18, 2022
Make una stabilize Naira first
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by techWriter3: 11:16am On Aug 18, 2022
deflation will still erase the interest away
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Akwamkpuruamu: 11:16am On Aug 18, 2022
CBN wants to mop up the volume of naira in circulation with this bank high interest rate. But withdrawal of money volume at this point of our economic situation of high inflation, will it increase the purchasing power of the naira? Ideally it should.

Unfortunately naira is irredeemably heading south
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by OperationalVehi: 11:17am On Aug 18, 2022
give them with the right hand and collect it back with the left
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by frugal(m): 11:19am On Aug 18, 2022
Omihanifa:
Inflation will still wipe the interest away
True, but still better than the former rate.
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by nomenclature(m): 11:21am On Aug 18, 2022
dre11:
The rate has been revised from 10 per cent to 30 per cent of the Monetary Policy Rate (MPR).

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/549232-more-money-for-nigerians-as-cbn-asks-banks-to-pay-higher-interest-on-savings.html
RUBBISH
there is no way they will give you more than 5% interest rate if them too try sef, remember inflation is at 20% and still climbing so even if they give you 19% , you are still at loss.
Best thing to do is convert your money into foreign currency and invest it in any good ETF tracking the S&P 500 .
At least then you will be guaranteed at least 9% ROI in hard currency.
I recommend VOO , IVV, SPY

2 Likes

Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by CyberWolf: 11:21am On Aug 18, 2022
I’ve never received interest in my Access bank savings account despite having a reasonable amount of money there for some time now angry
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Blazebond(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2022
What about money that has been locked in current safe deposit for about a year now,hope the joy go reach there too o.
Let me tell a short story that happened in March this year,I operate three banks,gt bank, fidelity and zenith,one cool Saturday afternoon na so I relax with my guys na em I just see debit alert of 42k from my gt bank when I nor initiate,omo my blood raise once,I just excuse my friends ehn,rush go d nearest pos I see, quickly transfer the remaining funds to the POS vendor sharp sharp make I hold for hand,because I nor wan hear say in the process when I dey call bank to lock accoun make another transaction nor come take place,na later when I calm down look na em I see say na transaction when I do for one supermarket when Dem never alert me since 4 days prior just come,my guys laugh me ehn,Dem come tell me say why I nor transfer the money go my other accounts,omo I say I just confuse o,I nor wan hear say the 112 k when remain for that gt account get k leg o.

2 Likes

Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by ufuosman(m): 11:26am On Aug 18, 2022
Dis one access dey cut me steady
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Akaujaa(m): 11:32am On Aug 18, 2022
Do banks pay interest rate on savings? I can't remember seeing money added to my savings by my banks. Instead, they keep taking or rather stealing from me. They make deductions from my account almost every week.

1 Like

Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by AbuAeesha: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2022
Omihanifa:
that is even if the policy will last.
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Truvelisback(m): 11:34am On Aug 18, 2022
chariisGRACE:
Why do I feel like CBN is mocking me and other common Nigerians?

No be who get money dey save?
He thinks these banks are fools. They would get their money back tru Charges or transactional Charges.
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Benoxvals(m): 11:34am On Aug 18, 2022
Mods pls how do I report an unauthorized debit that was made from my account by UBA.
All the efforts I made for the money to be credited back has not worked.
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by integrity16(m): 11:36am On Aug 18, 2022
Hmmm they want is to dump dollars for naira. Nice move.
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Benbelor(m): 11:39am On Aug 18, 2022
This Buhari’s govt is a colossal disaster
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by inosend: 11:39am On Aug 18, 2022
Alexas58:
How does this beat inflation?
Isn’t this a deliberate attempt to devalue the naira as the prices of things will still be bought at a high price.

I’m open to new knowledge tho
Economics. Mop up (or reduce the volume of) naira in circulation thereby decrease demand for commodities hence forcing the general price to fall. Note that the higher the demand the higher price & vice versa.
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by bobbybrown007: 11:40am On Aug 18, 2022
I thought they gave us hint, that when you remove subsidy they won't be need for inflation, why is the CBN making people to suffer like this, morever it's we that they will still charge the more.
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by barinedan(m): 11:41am On Aug 18, 2022
Will the banks obey the directives? Instead of adding interest most banks have been deducting from the little one managed to save
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Nwaide01: 11:43am On Aug 18, 2022
I think the question should be when last did banks pay interest in savings account.
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by brideman: 11:50am On Aug 18, 2022
This Government, their plan is to make the Banks to fail,

........ and your money too cry
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Elporo(m): 11:56am On Aug 18, 2022
Omihanifa:

Sure you understand this

Inflation 19.2 %
Interest on Saving 30%
Interest on loans 20% worst case 25%. If you know what you are doing 10%
Re: CBN Asks Banks To Pay Higher Interest On Savings by Cmanforall: 11:58am On Aug 18, 2022
dre11:

The kind of policies this CBN administration dish out, one wonder if they are doing guess work with the Nigerian Economy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confusion At Ports As FG Increases Import Tariff / Myths About Naira Devaluation - Nonso Obikili / Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.