Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,776 members, 7,862,556 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:27 PM

ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG (2441 Views)

SSANU, NASU Suspend Strike After Meeting With Education Minister / ASUU President, Emmanuel Osodeke, Rejects N50m Raised By Berekete Family / FG Slams ASUU For Using UTAS As Condition For Ending Strike. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by King11th: 10:27am On Aug 18, 2022
EKO HOT BLOG reports that the lingering strike embarked upon by the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) is not ending anytime soon based on the outcome of the latest meeting between the union and the federal government.

This is as ASUU president, Professor Emmanuel Osodeke slammed the government, saying it brought nothing to the negotiation table......

Read full details

https://www.ekohotblog.com/2022/08/18/ASUU-president-finally-gives-update-on-ending-strike-after-meeting-with-fg/

1 Like

Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by slimfit1(m): 10:32am On Aug 18, 2022
Parents are playing with their future. I think because most students going into further studies are Southerners, that's why they don't really care about education or what is going on. These people are very smart. If you look at it carefully, not many Northern students are affected because the majority of them have dropped out already, they have nothing to lose.
Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by apache22b: 10:39am On Aug 18, 2022
It's a big shame on the Obidient's urchins .

Wailing continues for them .
Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by Nobody: 11:32am On Aug 18, 2022
As usual...
Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by DevilSignature: 12:04pm On Aug 18, 2022
apache22b:

You can remain in your mother's house and eat agbado all you want, obidents Nigerians are mostly intellectual graduates from foreign universities.

Useless illiterate you think it's funny for an education system of a country to be short down for over 7 months and you are here to politicize it

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by Anieke77(m): 12:26pm On Aug 18, 2022
apache22b:

your write-up states clearly that you are mentally handicapped

1 Like

Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by lereinter(m): 12:30pm On Aug 18, 2022
Greedy people
Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:36pm On Aug 18, 2022
Tueh

Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by Samfloxin(m): 4:15pm On Aug 18, 2022
I give up
Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by Ljobi(m): 4:48pm On Aug 18, 2022
slimfit1:
Parents are playing with their future. I think because most students going into further studies are Southerners, that's why they don't really care about education or what is going on. These people are very smart. If you look at it carefully, not many Northern students are affected because the majority of them have dropped out already, they have nothing to lose.

If I am still in the university I would have started an online business to make money and further my studies somewhere else.
Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by Misterone: 7:18pm On Aug 18, 2022
Dalaney25:
na wa o
Federal government are not considering our kids future
you should say ASUU are my considering our kids future.
Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by Owopariola001: 7:29pm On Aug 18, 2022
slimfit1:

Northern elites/rich children are outside the country schooling. Though majority of them are in places like India, Bangladesh, Indonesia etc.
Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by othermen: 7:52pm On Aug 18, 2022
It wasn't ASUU's fault that the FG reneged on its agreement with the union & since 2009. In Labor law, terms of collective bargaining are usually upheld. With ASUU, one such is, for no victimisations of the other party.

That said, lecturers have been researching, publishing & learning- with the meagre they are suffered and have been doing so in a bid to come back to class better equipped to impact their students. The victimisation of 'no work, no pay' will not weaken the resolve of ASUU as a union.

To be clear, ASUU will not grant the precedents the FG is asking. The FG reneged on its contract; Did no act, they are sluggish now to take; & act in bad faith by this most recent illegal request to forfeit. In the duration of this strike, lecturers, their dependents have died in no salary. to buy drugs or to get proper healthcare. All of this have strengthened the resolve of the union members.

What they fight for is the soul of this nation. That you get a worthy education. So if ASUU's demand is for a better welfare; you should know that you'd get better value from a lecturer who can meet his daily needs. Granting the request toASUU's demand will not afford its members a luxury life. All is for the students- to have good facilities & dedicated lecturers & reduce the insane brain drain we are suffered.

Now, it was after all means available of getting the FG to act were exhausted, only after that- did the union resort to strike action. The FG heedless actions and non-actions caused the strike and continues to sustain it. This posture is dangerous and will not augur well.

You must understand that whatever compromises FG has made to make ASUU reconsider its strike action, they could have taken such actions months and months ago---- and so now the issue will continue and the resolution will be the FG acceding to ASUU's request rescinding the precedents they demand. How many lecturers or their dependents will have died by then? How many years in the students lives would have been wasted on an ego driven and clueless lots of misadministration?

If this is the price for the soul of our nation, if this is the price to pay- so that our tertiary institutions stop decaying from within- till it reaches its climax and collapse just as you have with education at the secondary level; if this is the price, then woe to the Administration, and as it is to us as a nation to suffer the woe of our leaders; we know the dividend of the struggle shall be worthy fruits.
Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by 99thEnemy(m): 9:43pm On Aug 18, 2022
I think more jambites will start applying for Airforce Institute of Technology, Kaduna.

It is a military University that takes civilian candidates for undergraduate degree.
They never go on strike.
And it is also cheap.
Re: ASUU President Finally Gives Update On Ending Strike After Meeting With FG by KdpMaster: 6:44am On Aug 19, 2022
TUFIAKWA GOD FORBID BAD THING!
Don’t you just hate being at the mercy of people?
If there‘s anything I hate with passion
It is being at the mercy of people
Especially when it comes to money
Tufiakwa!
God forbid Bad thing!!!
That’s why I gave up everything to learn how to Self-Publish on Amazon to make my OWN money
Money (When you have LOTS of it) is power.
And it gives you a crazy level of confidence that puts an instant end to unnecessary Rubbish!
But the Truth is
Money itself is just paper with value
It’s more about what you can do with money
Help a love one in need?
SUPPORT family/friends financially?
Buy a nice gift for your love one?
A new house?
A new car (Cars don’t freak me)?
A 10-day vacation?
What’s more?
Money can buy you lots of freedom to live life as you dam well please
Heck, you can do whatever the hell you want to do with your time
Now, I’ll be honest
I don’t know what your current financial situation is
But if you could use some extra cash in this nonsense economy

P.S: If you‘d like to learn more about how to easily create, publish and sell books on Amazon to make your OWN dollars even if you are a non writer.
Click the link on my signature

(1) (Reply)

Federal Poly Nasarawa / Replacement Of Unn Vc (prof. Bath Okolo) / Project Topics And Materials Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.