Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,345 members, 7,867,998 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 08:38 AM

Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties (412 Views)

"Why Nigeria Should Avoid Madagascar’s COVID-19 Drug" - JOHESU, PSN / Appreciation Thread For Our Medical Personnel Fighting Coronavirus. / Where Can I Report A Medical Personnel to! In Ikorodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by guobe: 8:55pm On Aug 18, 2022
My colleague was telling about his friend that died a couple of days ago as he went for scan and was diagnosed with brain tumour.The nest day his friend died.The medical personnel should take health issues seriously but alas the reverse is the case in most Nigerian hospitals.Most hospitals don't even have oxygen in case of emergency situation talkless of ventilators.If you are sick in Nigeria just pray to God it is not that serious because most Nigerian hospitals no be am May God help us
Re: Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by thesicilian: 9:32pm On Aug 18, 2022
guobe:
My colleague was telling about his friend that died a couple of days ago as he went for scan and was diagnosed with brain tumour.The nest day his friend died.The medical personnel should take health issues seriously but alas the reverse is the case in most Nigerian hospitals.Most hospitals don't even have oxygen in case of emergency situation talkless of ventilators.If you are sick in Nigeria just pray to God it is not that serious because most Nigerian hospitals no be am May God help us
You're not making any sense. Did the person die because of the medical personnel, lack of oxygen or what?
Re: Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by guobe: 9:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
thesicilian:

You're not making any sense. Did the person die because of the medical personnel, lack of oxygen or what?
some one was diagnosed today and the nest day he died.it dies not add up.A professional should know what to be done to keep the person alive after diagnosis but most medical personnel in Nigeria are nonchalant.They don't really care
Re: Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by dominique(f): 10:43pm On Aug 18, 2022
The brain tumour must have gotten to the end stage before your friend decided to seek medical help. I don't see the fault of the medics here, malignant brain tumour is a death sentence anywhere in the world. RIP to your friend

1 Like

Re: Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by guobe: 2:28am On Aug 19, 2022
dominique:
The brain tumour must have gotten to the end stage before your friend decided to seek medical help. I don't see the fault of the medics here, malignant brain tumour is a death sentence anywhere in the world. RIP to your friend
so sad
Re: Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by yomi007k(m): 5:55am On Aug 19, 2022
dominique:

No mind am...

Let him go and be a medical personnel if it was that easy.

You actually made so much sense.

1 Like

Re: Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by guobe: 6:57am On Aug 19, 2022
yomi007k:

No mind am...

Let him go and be a medical personnel if it was that easy.

You actually made so much sense.
its not easy we know but professionalism should come into play to know that the person is in danger and needs absolute care.
Re: Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by yomi007k(m): 6:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
guobe:
its not easy we know but professionalism should come into play to know that the person is in danger and needs absolute care.

Brother let me tell you one truth, there is not much any one can do when it comes to brain tumours.

If they had done surgery for him, the chances of not dying or developing complications are very low. It is worse to waste money and the person still dies.

Brain tumor is like death sentence.
Re: Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by guobe: 9:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
yomi007k:

Brother let me tell you one truth, there is not much any one can do when it comes to brain tumours.

If they had done surgery for him, the chances of not dying or developing complications are very low. It is worse to waste money and the person still dies.

Brain tumor is like death sentence.okay may his soul rest in peace Thanks.
Re: Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by Sewasaunt(f): 9:08pm On Aug 19, 2022
Sorry about your loss.

Though we need to address the issue of late presentation to hospitals and dislike for medical personnel.

Many Nigerians will blame all others except themselves and never admit that they could or can do better.

Did your friend go to the hospital early?

Nigerians will stay home until the condition is hopeless, they will try all sorts of herbs, prayer houses, stem cell drugs, even on Nairaland here, there are many with such views.

Nigerians that will claim not to have money for health care but are everywhere buying aso ebis, throwing needless parties and filling up bars and restaurants each night.

I agree that medics can do better but Nigerians need to learn to do better too.

If he died at home, y'all would have said it was spiritual.

If it was in a church, y'all would have said it was God's will or a spiritual battle he lost.

They probably took him very late to the hospital, I can imagine how weak or serious the case was that he died the very next day, but hey, let's blame medical staff.

1 Like

Re: Medical Personnel In Nigeria Should Try And Be More Professional In Their Duties by guobe: 6:06am On Aug 20, 2022
Sewasaunt:
Sorry about your loss.

Though we need to address the issue of late presentation to hospitals and dislike for medical personnel.

Many Nigerians will blame all others except themselves and never admit that they could or can do better.

Did your friend go to the hospital early?

Nigerians will stay home until the condition is hopeless, they will try all sorts of herbs, prayer houses, stem cell drugs, even on Nairaland here, there are many with such views.

Nigerians that will claim not to have money for health care but are everywhere buying aso ebis, throwing needless parties and filling up bars and restaurants each night.

I agree that medics can do better but Nigerians need to learn to do better too.

If he died at home, y'all would have said it was spiritual.

If it was in a church, y'all would have said it was God's will or a spiritual battle he lost.

They probably took him very late to the hospital, I can imagine how weak or serious the case was that he died the very next day, but hey, let's blame medical staff.
so true,I agree with you.Alot of people are scared of even going for test .They don't want to know the ailment as they feel knowing it may even kill then.Thanks for the enlightenment.

(1) (Reply)

NRI Product Usage / The Harmful Effects Of Junk Food On Our Health / Congratulation To Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.