Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,206 members, 7,849,728 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 08:50 AM

Advice For Moving Back To Naija? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Advice For Moving Back To Naija? (632 Views)

Policeman Tries To Stop A Moving Tanker By Climbing In Through The Window / On My Way To Naija. / First Generation Nigerian American Moving Back To Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by intllass: 5:16am On Aug 06, 2011
I dey greet o! Okay, here’s the situation, I’m planning on moving back to Naija in the next two years or so and welcome the best advice you can give anyone who has been away for a long while – yes, I intend to shine my eye! Lol I have visited over the years, more Lasgidi but not so much ABJ.  And I would have visited more often but those tickets can be expensive!!

So regarding employment, what’s your opinion on some of the best industries to work in at this point in time? Is it unreasonable to consider starting a business in either Lagos or ABJ? Any businesses one should consider or stay away from?

Thank you very much for any advice you can give!
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by odumchi: 5:54am On Aug 06, 2011
Hey, As for moving back to Nigeria the first and most important thing you have to focus on is water. It will take you time to get used to the water and if you're not careful you will end up with dysentry. Try drinking bottled water, but mix a small amount of the regular water into it and do so more frequently as time elapses.

Secondly with your business, it depends on the type of business you would like to start. Lagos is a naturally excellent market becuase of the large amont of consumers. Abuja is much smaller than Lagos and is inhabited by more upper-class people so for example you will have a better opportunity selling clothes or shoes in lagos than you would have in Abuja.

This is what I can do, I hope it has helped
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by intllass: 10:08pm On Aug 06, 2011
Thanks, odumchi. Your advice is well-taken!
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by Olizedo: 11:44am On Aug 07, 2011
Juss go jeje.
Nor come back abeg.
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by intllass: 9:40pm On Aug 07, 2011
Why, Olizedo? Care to shed more light? I have at least three colleagues who have moved back and they seem to be doing well.
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by maclatunji: 4:12pm On Aug 08, 2011
How much savings are you repatriating to Naija? How big is your family or are you single? What skills do you have? These are some of the questions you will need to answer before coming back. All you need to do is do some basic research and apply yourself to its findings. I think the best advice I can give you is not to throw money at problems you may encounter when you first arrive, build a network of people you can trust and you should be okay.
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by ShyOne(f): 3:46am On Aug 09, 2011
Thank you for these comments - I am moving to Lagos for 3-6 months and really enjoyed reading these comments.

Is there flooding in the Omole area of Lagos - does anyone know? Also Lekki as well? Please advise.
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by intllass: 4:50am On Aug 09, 2011
Godspeed Shy-One and take care moving back to Lag. I read that there was flooding in Lekki, Omole wasn't affected as much according to online news.
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by intllass: 5:06am On Aug 09, 2011
Maclatunji, thanks for your comment! I'm single which makes things a bit easier than if I were moving with a family in tow. Yes, I'll definitely try not to throw money at situations when I get there. I appreciate the advice!
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by maclatunji: 10:48am On Aug 09, 2011
Shy-One:

Thank you for these comments - I am moving to Lagos for 3-6 months and really enjoyed reading these comments.

Is there flooding in the Omole area of Lagos - does anyone know?  Also Lekki as well?  Please advise.

Lekki is flood prone to be honest. However, if you want to live in Lekki, I will advise you to stick to Lekki Phase I scheme for now. Someone is offering you accommodation in Omole already? Well, it is a very good location: I mean Omole Phase I. Phase II is not as ideal yet. I can still help you out if you need accommodation, call +2348099527777 or +2348060482880.

@Intllass, you are welcome. Coming back to Naija at the moment is not a bad idea at all. Things are generally moving up and opportunities abound for discerning minds. cheesy
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by FarmPlanetNG: 6:12pm On Feb 12
intllass:
I dey greet o! Okay, here’s the situation, I’m planning on moving back to Naija in the next two years or so and welcome the best advice you can give anyone who has been away for a long while – yes, I intend to shine my eye! Lol I have visited over the years, more Lasgidi but not so much ABJ.  And I would have visited more often but those tickets can be expensive!!

So regarding employment, what’s your opinion on some of the best industries to work in at this point in time? Is it unreasonable to consider starting a business in either Lagos or ABJ? Any businesses one should consider or stay away from?

Reqch me by email on

Greenvibes30 @ gmail dot com

1 Like

Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by FarmPlanetNG: 7:27pm On Feb 13
intllass:

Call me or chat me on WhatsApp. My contact is on my signature
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by Zwooks: 10:39am On Mar 17
Wow
Re: Advice For Moving Back To Naija? by intllass: 5:04am On Mar 18
Post from long ago...btw are you on WhatsApp to discuss agric things?

Zwooks:
Wow

(1) (Reply)

Where Is 190? / The Donkey And Its Owner / What Will You Do To Boko Haram If U Are President GEJ For 1 Week

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.