Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,324 members, 7,819,108 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:25 AM

Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses (25345 Views)

Ikotun Road Collapses After Downpour, Residents Groan / Commuters Groan Over Gridlock On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway As Construction Resumes / Trailer Carrying Diesel Sinks In Owerri As A Newly Constructed Road Collapses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by ObaloluwaTel(m): 9:32am On Aug 19, 2022
We don't deserve this type of leaders undecided

Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by ajayiopy: 9:32am On Aug 19, 2022
Omooba77:

https://punchng.com/commuters-groan-businesses-shut-as-sango-ota-road-collapses/
I BLAME OBJ,FASHOLA FOR THIS.
OBJ WAS A PRESIDENT FOR 8-YEARS BUT REFUSED TO FIX THE ROAD ,EVEN WITH SENATOR OGUNLEWE AS HEAD OF FERMA
FASHOLA SHOULD GIVE THIS ROAD A PRIORITY BUT NO.
SUKUK WAS ISSUED TWICE AND THIS ROAD WAS NOT AMOUNG THE ROADS FIXED.
LAGOS AND OGUN STATES CAN ALSO GET AN APPROVAL FROM F.G AND FIX THE ROAD AND GET PAID LATER BECAUSE THE ROAD IS VERY CRUCIAL TO THE ECONOMY OF BOTH STATE.
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by kalvoken(m): 9:33am On Aug 19, 2022
But fashola did say that THE ROAD IS NOT AS BAD AS PEOPLE EXAGERATE.

morons.
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by KashApp: 9:35am On Aug 19, 2022
SugarGirl44:

I've been seeing this same question on different sm platforms for some days now.
Is it that you zombidients can't think for yourselves?
You all pick a point and share among your fellow zombies nationwide till it becomes embarrassing.
Shame on y'all.
Since pit obi has no meaningful achievement to boast of, your campaign style is to repeat the same rubbish over and over again.
Pained? E ma binu simi sir
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Fearyourcreator: 9:38am On Aug 19, 2022
DBossNG:
I weep for this country. Unfortunately, Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria. Masses complain about the government where as the government is a product of its people.
Greed and corruption at all levels produced this. I pray we get it right one day.
They wont like this your post .... Cus they love blaming people for their failures and inability to face the truth and reality... For Nigeria to start taking shape it won't go less than a decade with every hands on desk...
Shortcut don spoil everything

1 Like

Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by JERRY1925(m): 9:40am On Aug 19, 2022
EMXTAN1:
All these re results of bad leadership, that's why we have to vote wisely, leaders with vision

Who is that leader?
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by KashApp: 9:40am On Aug 19, 2022
Eriokanmi:
No be una vote the apc in ekiti again. Another apc helmsman is in power, you'd groan for another 4 years, even more grin. All fayemi knows is blow dry grammar. The philosophy graduate is bereft of ideas. He's a good example of putting a square peg in a round hole. He's still owing workers as i speak
won ti fowo workers dibo tan. He's Tinubu's boy, who draws up propaganda for him to spread all the time. I've known him since June 12 days. Are you aware he governs from his Ikeja GRA home? He only goes to ekiti whenever there is a function and he'd open his tooth gap in the media to show he's working. Then, he returns to lagos afterwards.

Unfortunately, ekiti makes up of mainly old people and civil servants. The youths hardly stay home to change the economic situation of the predominantly "farmer" state.

I drove from lagos to Ado Ekiti, a few weeks after their election. The road was so bad. On getting to aramoko, turning to igede road ha, it was a bizarre experience my broda. My SUV was dancing palongo grin. Even the patched portions were already pulling out. As if that wasn't enough, a few miles away from igede was something else. The asphalt had been completely washed off the road. The road was looking like the one leading to a typical farmstead.

The only good road is the short cut from iyin down to Ado which they said fayemi started in his first term and recently completed.

Not even in my dream would I vote either the apc or pdp again. I've promised myself this.

Back to sango road, I remember when Daniel was in government, he didn't use his influence to do that road though a federal road. Obasanjo was president but ignored the road too. Go to Daura in Katsina, you'd pick your food and eat, if it drops on that road, to describe how smooth and clean it is.

I hope our people wouid jettison tribal and religious politics for once and vote the right candidate come next year. The oshogbo Ife road is another nightmare. My question is, are our apc politicians not plying those roads and what's their feeling each time they drive on them, do they have conscience at all? There were 2 scenes of accident that day caused by bad riad.
Many major roads in yorubaland are bad yet, tsome gullible minds are shouting awon lokan. Indeed!
Oya, bring your proof that I voted APC. Which state are you from?
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by KashApp: 9:43am On Aug 19, 2022
OSUigboFlatHead:

Because they know that Obí is a criminal.

A pro-pdp member, he was still a strong odd member few months ago.
It's only his GREED and desperation that took him to labour party, because he knew he couldn't defeat Atiku and Wiked wike.
Don't mind him jare... So greedy and desperate same as Tinubu who supposed to be enjoying his old age and money and support Osinbajo... At old age, shouting E mi l'okan!!
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Moneyboyz: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2022
We are tired, no single road linking towns and villages together in Ogun state is tiled.
Our houses are now on hill tops we use steps to climp in cause we keep grading the road while erosion washes it away.
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Eriokanmi: 9:45am On Aug 19, 2022
KashApp:
Oya, bring your proof that I voted APC. Which state are you from?
I thought you were from ekiti sorry
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by DBossNG(m): 9:47am On Aug 19, 2022
Fearyourcreator:

They wont like this your post .... Cus they love blaming people for their failures and inability to face the truth and reality... For Nigeria to start taking shape it won't go less than a decade with every hands on desk...
Shortcut don spoil everything

Sincerely yours.
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by duduade: 9:47am On Aug 19, 2022
inoki247:
And Ogun people will still vote this Dapo and the same FG.....

Same state that produce President and VP no fit even av good road...

Make dem dey enjoy wat dey vote for sha.....

You can neva tell me you're living in Sango ota or av event in Sango ota no mata aw precious u ar to me that I will go....

Sure na
Ogun State people that have been jazzed
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by KashApp: 9:48am On Aug 19, 2022
Eriokanmi:
I thought you were from ekiti sorry
Yes! I'm from Ekiti but I only requested for evidence that I voted APC since you said, "no bi una vote APC?" No politician can fool me twice... And besides, which state are you from? You skipped that question

1 Like

Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by faithfull18(f): 9:48am On Aug 19, 2022
It's been like this for years. Amosun even tried to start but didn't finish it while Dapo is just there as a figurehead.
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Ibechris2: 9:49am On Aug 19, 2022
Lagos wahala can't be solve in the next 100years...if they like,let them be richer than Carlifornia with Tinubu still there,nothing good would be done on most of their roads.

When I see them shouting IGR,it tells u that many of them have not stepped out once in their life time to other states and see what it means to drive without entering dirty waters like this.

I met one lawyer who came from Lagos the other day,he confessed that we in Abuja are really enjoying good road and nothing next to hold up like they used to experience. He went further to tell me that the day he spent 4hours just being on hold up in Lagos and that became so bad that he was seeing his house,that is he was closer to the house,but man no go carry I'm car for head.

We all laughed that day...however,Lagos is not doing well in the areas of road construction when compared to Akwaibom,Ebonyi and Abuja and even River states respectively.

A VISIT WOULD CONVINCE U.
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Afritop(m): 9:50am On Aug 19, 2022
jrusky:
Dapo fix this road nah haba amoda thing dey inside? If even its a federal road make the move for federal to reason that road abeg.
Why are you begging him. sad
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Ashimiuamuda: 9:51am On Aug 19, 2022
That road is one of the worst road have ever seen.
Almost all the four section of the road is more than bad(sango - tollgate,sango - ijoko,sango - joju,sango - ifo).
If you see anyone who went there and come back safely,you are to praise the person because he/she just came back from battle field.

May God bless Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by trevorhorace(m): 9:51am On Aug 19, 2022
Xajbns7:
Yooooo!

Why are you this desperate to scam people. Enjoy your event tickets whatever in peace na. undecided
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by faithfull18(f): 9:52am On Aug 19, 2022
Ashimiuamuda:
That road is one of the worst road have ever seen.
Almost all the four section of the road is more than bad(sango - tollgate,sango - ijoko,sango - joju,sango - ifo).
If you see anyone who went there and come back safely,you are to praise the person because he/she just came back from battle field.

May God bless Nigeria...
I know of people who work in Lagos and live there and they go everyday in the last 15 years.

1 Like

Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Fearyourcreator: 9:53am On Aug 19, 2022
DBossNG:

Sincerely yours.
Anytime I read news on NL I just shake my head
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Chidex50(m): 9:55am On Aug 19, 2022
This is just a tip of the iceberg in other states. They're just the same but once elections reaches,they start dividing the gullible ones along ethnic and tribal lines with public stolen money. And the citizens are the major problem, you can't give what you don't have
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by frog12: 9:57am On Aug 19, 2022
everything just dey collapse in Nigeria
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by snitchbitch: 10:01am On Aug 19, 2022
Welcome to Nigeria

Make them buy boat swim inside

The only thing that works in Nigeria is Nothing

The gods have left this country

Even the youths, those with brain and talent have all left, all that reamins are yahoo yahoo boys and olo.sho ladies, who all they do is bleach their bodies and use all their money to buy latest iPhone, upload dancing skits on TikTok and watch BBNAIJA,

We all keep blaming our leaders, our present day leaders are even better than us( present day youths)
Youth wey never reach political office wey dey wipe of people's account
So what will he do when he gets elected for political office
The said Diezanin Allison used millions to buy bra, out ladies that are using all their money to buy cream, bleach, buy iphone, and be uploading pictures and videos everyday online nko?

It is well!
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by SugarGirl44(f): 10:01am On Aug 19, 2022
KashApp:
Pained? E ma binu simi sir

Emi pain?
You wish.
I just can't help but notice how ridiculous you guys are getting by the day.
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by NamelessOGBENI(m): 10:02am On Aug 19, 2022
Angelfrost:
We just brag about how beautiful and upward moving Lasgidi is, while closing our eyes to the massive rot in other Southwest States especially Ogun state.

Even citizens and indigenes of these states will rather keep silent and brag about Lagos (which is not even world standard) than consistently demand better from their governors.

I'm always shocked at the sheer number of industries and firms in Ogun state yet development is not commensurate... Where does the IGR go to?!! Ogun state should be giving her elder sister (Lag) a serious run for the money in terms of development and urbanization. Kano, Kaduna, and Borno should never have better roads than Ogun state.

Let me not even start with SouthEast.... We all need to start calling out our governors! These people are robbing you blind!
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by KashApp: 10:03am On Aug 19, 2022
SugarGirl44:

Emi pain?
You wish.
I just can't help but notice how ridiculous you guys are getting by the day.
Again, E ma binu sir. I don't have strength to argue or fight over any thief (Politicians). So, no vex
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Buffalo2(m): 10:03am On Aug 19, 2022
Starships4u:
Yet Tinubu said he's pleased with the works and actions of Dapo Abiodun
Dapo Abiodun (Eleyi of Ogun State). Ori guy yen o pe rara
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by afolayangs(m): 10:05am On Aug 19, 2022
was on this road in 2020 august. it wasn't fun. Osibanjo this is your state. Also Fashola- minister for for works, what stops you from compelling FERMA to fix this road even if the two states cant do. lagos/ibadan express their as well.
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Myrepublic(m): 10:08am On Aug 19, 2022
Ikem11:
Nigerians don Suffer in the hands of evil polithiefians
That’s not the truth .. Na wetin Nigerians want from politicians them dey get so.. Can you imagine say people still want vote apc even with this rubbish when them turn the country to? You think such politicians will take them serious,when they finally get the position? They won’t,because they know their supporters are fools..

2 Likes

Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Ikem11(m): 10:13am On Aug 19, 2022
Myrepublic:
That’s not the truth .. Na wetin Nigerians want from politicians them dey get so.. Can you imagine say people still want vote apc even with this rubbish when them turn the country to? You think such politicians will take them serious,when they finally get the position? They won’t,because they know their supporters are fools..
You are not far from the truth anyway

1 Like

Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by sencekompis: 10:16am On Aug 19, 2022
DON'T ALLOW IBO YOUTHS TO DESTROY LAGOS. They have hidden agendas.
Re: Commuters Groan, Businesses Shut As Sango-Ota Road Collapses by Ashimiuamuda: 10:17am On Aug 19, 2022
faithfull18:

I know of people who work in Lagos and live there and they go everyday in the last 15 years.

WOW!!! shocked shocked shocked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Badagry Expressway: The Pains And Agony Of Lagos Road Users / Has Anyone Flown With Medview Airlines? / Pregnant Lady, Others Cheat Death As Vehicle Somersaults Multiple Times. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.