Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,565 members, 7,820,038 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:52 AM

Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 (33074 Views)

Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! / No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by aribisala0(m): 4:30pm On Aug 19, 2022
Sulele04:

Why the laughing meme.

Are you against fuel subsidy.
I no fit cry my brother
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by oluwasegun007(m): 4:32pm On Aug 19, 2022
pat077:
Mad man. Setting a trap for the next administration, why can't he do it b4 he leaves office if he gat balls.

You said if he gets...
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by jojothaiv(m): 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2022
Hard time to support this government particular APC....
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Stanleyq: 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2022
Roger3D:
its
4 reasons why people want to suffer themselves even when they do not want to comment.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Quodseverismete: 4:33pm On Aug 19, 2022
After cashing out Big time from the fraud subsidies, he wants to clean up the trace being a minister of petroleum, they inflated the daily consumption of Petrol by Nigerians to 65million litres per day as against 30million litres per day during Okonji Iwella former minister, Buhari reserved the Post of Minister of petroleum for himself as against the constitution, because that is the secret cow.
Can Nigerian tolerant another president being a minister of petroleum at the same time president?,

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by victorazy(m): 4:35pm On Aug 19, 2022
Racoon:
shocked Thought fuel subsidy is a fraud? So you guys have been committing this fraud for the past 7 years? After how many times of removing this same thing they called fraudulent?

This government contains the worst shameless criminals ever to govern this nation. They think they are wise to package the crisis for the next govt right? No way! Zombies will still defend this shit.

Abacha loot will be child's play where Buhari is.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by brandsoncharlie: 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley
Good and finally. subsidy is a big scam
Fuel subsidies is good for the poor masses but African leaders are criminals. They keep stealing billions of Naira for their personal gains why the country rot Away.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Olayetan(m): 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2022
He approved the removal after his administration would've ended, lolz

So if Peter Obi wins next year election and they eventually remove the subsidy, people can start blaming his administration for hardship, thank God there's no enabling policy in Nigeria...
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by blackboy(m): 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2022
Scammer!!! Was it not for this year or last year previously approved? Now this!! Hmmm
May 2023 whoever is taking over must be a honest, hardworking and talented or knowledgeable young Nigerian who is ready to make Nigeria great because....wetin Buhari don do a clown who takes over will do worse
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Femijohn198: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2022
yeye government with yeye promised. Nexelevel don turn hardship
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by erico2k2(m): 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2022
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Agugbadin: 4:37pm On Aug 19, 2022
Because he would have left office by June. No wahala the evil that men do live with them.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Phaantom22: 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2022
How many times will they keep removing this so call fuel subsidy ?After syphoning all the monies in our foreign reserve, selling NNPC Over night to his cronies, destroying university education, destroying the value of naira, crippling the economy, etc he wants to skyrocket the price of fuel before he dies. grin

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Immatex(m): 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2022
pat077:
I think he said it was a scam, how come he is now removing what does not exist.

No mind the fraud star!
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Roger3D(m): 4:39pm On Aug 19, 2022
Stanleyq:
4 reasons why people want to suffer themselves even when they do not want to comment.
Forgive me. I've decided not to share my thoughts on the matter anymore
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by sonofElElyon: 4:40pm On Aug 19, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley
Good and finally. subsidy is a big scam

But he's pushing the burden to the incoming government without solving refineries problems etc. Isn't that wicked?
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by seunayantokun(m): 4:42pm On Aug 19, 2022
After he has stolen all he wants and is out of office.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Stanleyq: 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2022
Roger3D:
grin
Roger3D:
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by ultimateprof: 4:47pm On Aug 19, 2022
Buhari no be better person.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by akezn: 4:48pm On Aug 19, 2022
This is the same subsidy that this shameless lots fought Jonathan for. Why not remove it immediately? Why June 2023 when you would have left office. And some mofos are gearing up to vote for this bundle of inconsistent fellows. It shall not be well with you all.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Enkidu70: 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Neddstark: 4:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
Better removed now than never. The new president go hear am.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Nobody: 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2022
Am going to be honest, and say that by December 2023, there will still be a subsidy.

Despite how it is harming our economy, and our petroleum sector, and how it is preventing us from building our refineries....Nigerians want to buy fuel at N10 per liter, Buhari supporters, Buhari haters, and the neutrals.

Because we have swallowed a fallacy...that cheap prices is the best way to help the poor.

Well, cheap prices, government controlled prices, means the business sector operates at a loss, and government spends an increasing amount of revenue to cover that loss...a subsidy. It means that at the end, we lose more money, and the sector never recoups its losses, and sharp practices result.

The thing is, Nigerians want cheap prices for everything. Because we are poor. Then they come and complain about the loans that invariably result from making prices cheap....the loans we take to cover the resulting subsidy induced deficit.

All I know is, Buhari should remove subsidy. No buts, and right now. But most Nigerians want subsidy to stay.

The problem with Nigeria is simple...we want cheap stuff without paying for it.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by nesphil(m): 4:51pm On Aug 19, 2022
This big failure is a joker.
grin grin grin
What business does he have with June 2023 when his cruel tenure will end before then
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2022
Olayetan:
He approved the removal after his administration would've ended, lolz

So if Peter Obi wins next year election and they eventually remove the subsidy, people can start blaming his administration for hardship, thank God there's no enabling policy in Nigeria...

So if Peter Obi wins, you want him to keep paying subsidy that would have reached 8 trillion naira per annum by then...meaning he has to take loans to cover for the resulting deficit.

Subsidy should have gone since the 1990's, We no hear then, we don;t want to hear now.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 19, 2022
Quodseverismete:
After cashing out Big time from the fraud subsidies, he wants to clean up the trace being a minister of petroleum, they inflated the daily consumption of Petrol by Nigerians to 65million litres per day as against 30million litres per day during Okonji Iwella former minister, Buhari reserved the Post of Minister of petroleum for himself as against the constitution, because that is the secret cow.
Can Nigerian tolerant another president being a minister of petroleum at the same time president?,

1.So why shouldn't our fuel consumption increase with our growing population, including population of young economically active adults that use, among other things, fuel.

2.How would fuel consumption remain static from 2012 to date? That's not possible.

3.Fuel costs N175 here, and over N400 in Benin, Cameroon, Ghana, and Chad, over N350 in Niger Republique. As a result smiuggling happens, and has happened for years...which is part of why fuel consumption is increasing like that

4.We can end all that by removing subsidy. But everytime governments have proposed total removal of subsidy, Nigerians like you say no.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by ComeToJesus: 4:59pm On Aug 19, 2022
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Linesman(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2022
You Want to Jakpa Leave the Problem For the Next President, Abi?
The Terrorist Mugu of a President, Think Say, He don Escape am.
Last, Last, The Fire Wey Major General Mohammadu Buhari and His APCheats Lit for Nigeria, Go Touch Everybody in Due Course.
2023 is Around the Corner, Everyone Should Vote Wisely.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Okoroawusa: 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2022
If we don't do away with fuel subsidy we will continue to waste our time as a country.

Let me also take time to educate some of you shouting yourselves hoarse about what the president said about fuel subsidy fraud.
Some of you just came of age in 2014/2015 or just being mischievous. Fuel subsidy payments in Nigeria through out the PDP era was a fraud. Licences were given to children and cronies of PDP chieftains who collect monies from NNPC for fuels they never imported. They were probes about these payments with reports that never saw the light of the day.
When Buhari came in NNPC became the sole importer of fuel and underrecovery (still subsidy) was being paid so that the final consumer can get it below the landing cost. So instead of you to buy fuel at #350 govt is paying marketers about #180 so that you can buy at #170.

Subsidy is killing the economy and it must go. I have taken time to explain this not because I want to convince those whose hearts are already filled with hate even if the fuel is given free of charge at filling stations. I just want to set the record straight between the subsidy of the PDP era and what we have now. Thank you if you have taken time to read this up to this point.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by boom99(m): 5:05pm On Aug 19, 2022
We shall over come. Bring it on!
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by nnewsnjobs: 5:09pm On Aug 19, 2022
After his tenure.

Why not this year.

Or immediately after election next year.

Because at the time, there will be no proper mediation and management to the suffering that people would pass through.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oyo Governorship: Gunmen Invade Folarin’s Family Compound, Injure Many / 433,000 Nigerians, Businesses To Get N50,000, N30,000 Each – FG / Obasanjo Lands At Anambra International Airport Ahead Of Anyaoku Symposium

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.