Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,645 members, 7,820,252 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:11 PM

Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 (33076 Views)

Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! / No Protest Against Fuel Subsidy Removal For Now – Labour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by kcdendelo: 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2022
Buhari stupid idiot.... I hate this devil with passion
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by GEEBITE: 7:58pm On Aug 19, 2022
Typical of an APC apologist. This defence is quite disingenuous. The 33millon daily consumption that has ballooned to 65million was a fraud and no fuel was imported . But this under recovery payment is the most transparent thing since heaven and earth were created . Keep up the good job.
Meanwhile whatever is called subsidy must go and it has to be NOW!!!
Okoroawusa:
If we don't do away with fuel subsidy we will continue to waste our time as a country.

Let me also take time to educate some of you shouting yourselves hoarse about what the president said about fuel subsidy fraud.
Some of you just came of age in 2014/2015 or just being mischievous. Fuel subsidy payments in Nigeria through out the PDP era was a fraud. Licences were given to children and cronies of PDP chieftains who collect monies from NNPC for fuels they never imported. They were probes about these payments with reports that never saw the light of the day.
When Buhari came in NNPC became the sole importer of fuel and underrecovery (still subsidy) was being paid so that the final consumer can get it below the landing cost. So instead of you to buy fuel at #350 govt is paying marketers about #180 so that you can buy at #170.

Subsidy is killing the economy and it must go. I have taken time to explain this not because I want to convince those whose hearts are already filled with hate even if the fuel is given free of charge at filling stations. I just want to set the record straight between the subsidy of the PDP era and what we have now. Thank you if you have taken time to read this up to this point.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by sweetjohn(m): 8:01pm On Aug 19, 2022
All the idiots that voted in this complete nonentity are the same fools supporting Tinubu.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by HIPROFILE(m): 8:41pm On Aug 19, 2022
This man called Buhari and his APC people are so so evil and unrepentant.

Same old fuuls who said subsidy under Jonathan was a scam the videos are still on the internet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmG_dYY7YRA

So since Buhari maintained the subsidy after taking over power it simply means he is a scam as well as his government.

Tinubu is also a scam, Atiku a scam, Osinbanjo a scam all of them who played major role in bringing this disaster of a man to lead Nigeria and Nigerians are all scammers.

Vote Labour Party Vote Peter Obi for a better Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by nextstep(m): 8:50pm On Aug 19, 2022
Bahdt guy. If "I shit on you" was a person.
Can't wait for this chapter to end jo.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by HIPROFILE(m): 9:05pm On Aug 19, 2022
Lagos state which way funds enough to execute times 10 of same project is used for one.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Chcb5xsFzxL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

We really need to offload and retire these kind of greedy politicians.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by DOM7: 9:16pm On Aug 19, 2022
Of what use? after he enjoy the loot all his tenure and want to punish his successor.This man is the most debious human being i ever see, the other time he signed the not too young to rule but yet bring a grandfather to rule Nigeria.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by naikeboy(m): 9:19pm On Aug 19, 2022
After him done jappa from office abi
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by jackfj: 9:35pm On Aug 19, 2022
29kobo:
Am going to be honest, and say that by December 2023, there will still be a subsidy.

Despite how it is harming our economy, and our petroleum sector, and how it is preventing us from building our refineries....Nigerians want to buy fuel at N10 per liter, Buhari supporters, Buhari haters, and the neutrals.

Because we have swallowed a fallacy...that cheap prices is the best way to help the poor.

Well, cheap prices, government controlled prices, means the business sector operates at a loss, and government spends an increasing amount of revenue to cover that loss...a subsidy. It means that at the end, we lose more money, and the sector never recoups its losses, and sharp practices result.

The thing is, Nigerians want cheap prices for everything. Because we are poor. Then they come and complain about the loans that invariably result from making prices cheap....the loans we take to cover the resulting subsidy induced deficit.

All I know is, Buhari should remove subsidy. No buts, and right now. But most Nigerians want subsidy to stay.

The problem with Nigeria is simple...we want cheap stuff without paying for it.

My friend keep quiet, even If we buy PMS for 1k your leaders will still loot the money because of zero accountability...

Do you know Nigeria once had a president that boasted, saying that Nigeria problem is not how to make money but how to spend it, ask yourself where is all that money today....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Samfloxin(m): 10:06pm On Aug 19, 2022
walozanga:
See the level of his i.q . The most useless president in this planet Earth. Nobe u talk say na fraud even after being a petroleum minister...

U want to leave the task for the incoming president because u are a failure. Look at what tribalism and religious sentiment has done to us in Nigeria. Voting a blocked brain
Atiku is planning seriously to rig himself in so as to continue the shit Body go tell us for this country if we get it wrong again next year
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by lottomkyes200: 10:14pm On Aug 19, 2022
I dont understand will he be in office by then? haaaa so they want to steal enough
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by rolams(m): 10:22pm On Aug 19, 2022
When he won't be in the office.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Anwons(m): 10:23pm On Aug 19, 2022
With this act, I can strongly say that Buhari is the most dangerous specie ever lived in Nigeria
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Mycometp3(m): 10:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
Can you just imagine. So when another government enter ..them go just dey run up and down and you guy will be saying buhari period even better ..
KingSatan:
He approved the removal of fuel subsidy but it takes effect after he has left office grin cheesy cheesy cheesy. Typical lifestyle of a Nigerian politician.

Smart Mugu!
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Obere4u: 10:34pm On Aug 19, 2022
I think he chooses that date with the hope that Dangote refinery will be operational and modular refineries operational to reduce much expenses required in importing fuel
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Nobody: 10:39pm On Aug 19, 2022
jackfj:

My friend keep quiet, even If we buy PMS for 1k your leaders will still loot the money because of zero accountability...

Do you know Nigeria once had a president that boasted, saying that Nigeria problem is not how to make money but how to spend it, ask yourself where is all that money today....

So, take part in your democracy, and do the hard work of holding your leaders accountable.

Or run for political office.

If you cannot do either, then stop complaining. And keep quiet too.

Modified

The issue is you guys don't know how subsidy is damaging our economy. The day you know...
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by sunboy(m): 10:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
Wow, it took 7years to make this decision and prepare the nation for what’s to come just wow
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by RoxyBrownAutos: 10:49pm On Aug 19, 2022
Removing fuel subsidy before 2023 general election will worsen APC chances of success in next year's election, hence the carry over to the next government.Though the incoming government will put a hold on it to avoid starting bad.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by GodisFirst: 11:25pm On Aug 19, 2022
All the people that supported, brought in or voted for this failure of a Party, APC led government and Buhari should bury their brainless heads in shame. They can now see where they have finally arrived at conclusively.
Corruption, Nepotism, Tribalism, Terrorism, insecurity, dead economy, very high Unemployment rate, Devalued naira, 6 months and counting ASUU strike, Dead Health care system, Dead Power Sector, Dead Railway System, Dead Refineries,.......etc

Only hope and ray of light at the end of this dark tunnel we have is Peter Obi / Yusuf Datti 2023
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by mema900: 12:45am On Aug 20, 2022
SIMONEKPA7:
smiley
Good and finally. subsidy is a big scam

They will still remove it again in 2024

Vote Peter Gregory Obi

1 Like

Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by gare(f): 3:52am On Aug 20, 2022
nlfpmod:

https://gazettengr.com/buhari-approves-fuel-subsidy-removal-takes-effect-june-2023/

June 2023 ? would he still be in office at that time, this guys are really funny, or he wants to sign the removal into law, that must be carried out
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by kaey10(m): 4:12am On Aug 20, 2022
I think at this point, it is safe to say anyone who is still supporting APC is an enemy of the state who doesn't mean well for the country
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Tonnierichy(m): 6:27am On Aug 20, 2022
Racoon:
shocked Thought fuel subsidy is a fraud? So you guys have been committing this fraud for the past 7 years? After how many times of removing this same thing they called fraudulent?

This government contains the worst shameless criminals ever to govern this nation. They think they are wise to package the crisis for the next govt right? No way! Zombies will still defend this shit.
You are actually unintelligent. That's all I'll say
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Pityoobi: 6:59am On Aug 20, 2022
iconicceo:
After he’s gone, more like setting a trap for our incoming President, PETER OBI❤️
Laughing, you people are really amazing with this impossible task.
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by mikool007(m): 12:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
This guy is as useless as bat, used his cluelessness to ruin the country
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by starz100: 3:51pm On Aug 20, 2022
Buhari is already putting studs in 2023
Re: Buhari Approves Fuel Subsidy Removal For June 2023 by Tundex911: 4:52am On Aug 21, 2022
June 2023..

Clown bubu, after he don comot for Abuja

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Abdullahi Dikko Inde Is Dead / Gunmen Kidnap Scores At Edo Train Station, Many Injured / Why Police Officers Protested In Maiduguri, Blocked Highway Today — Spokesperson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.