Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,301 members, 7,811,892 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:31 PM

Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers (18034 Views)

Abducted Kaduna-Abuja Train Passengers Regain Freedom / Terrorists Release Another Photograph Of Abducted Kaduna-Abuja Train Passengers / We Were Nearly Killed When Air Force Bombed Kaduna Kidnappers’ Den – Abductee (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by powerfulguy: 7:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
Terrorists, who abducted scores of passengers on the AK9 Abuja-Kaduna bound Train on Monday, March 28, 2022, on Friday, released four more kidnap victims from their captivity.

With the latest development, there are 23 passengers still in captivity.

One-time negotiator for the release of the abducted passengers and Kaduna-based newspaper publisher, Malam Tukur Mamu (Dan Iyan Fika), disclosed this in a statement sent to LEADERSHIP.

“I can confirm that earlier on Friday, four additional victims of the train attack were released by their abductors.

“The four released victims just left my office. They said they came collectively to thank me for the past efforts I made to mediate on their behalf and for convincing their abductors to drop the threats of executing them and to plead for all stakeholders especially the federal government to intensify efforts as the condition of the remaining 23 victims they left at the forest is pathetic,” Mamu said.

The lucky passengers include the oldest kidnap victim, who is a 90-year-old grandmother, Mama Halimatu Atta.

Also released with her was her 53-year-old daughter, Adama Atta Aliyu.

Others were Mohammed Sani Abdulmaji (M.S Ustaz) and a Sokoto State indigene, Alhaji Modin Modi Bodinga.

Meanwhile, Mamu, who is a media consultant to the popular Kaduna-based Islamic cleric, Sheikh Dr. Ahmad Abubakar Gumi, has called on the Federal Government of Nigeria and the leadership of the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) to immediately do something about the plight of a 12-year-old passenger, Azurfa Lois John, who is still in captivity alongside 22 others.

Mamu said according to information at his disposal, the terrorists are threatening to marry off the young girl if nothing is immediately done to rescue her from captivity.

“This is to alert the federal government and especially the Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) that I can confirm through credible information at my disposal that if urgent action is not taken to immediately secure the release of the youngest victim of the train attack, a 21-year-old Azurfa Lois John, the abductors as they have done in the case of Leah Sharibu are planning to marry her any moment from now.

“One of the top commanders is said to be in love with her. This important information should be treated with the urgency it deserves. Even though I know that releasing this information will not only unsettle her immediate family and loved ones but Nigerians as a whole, it is necessary to do so to avoid the repeat of Leah Sharibu’s case. I advise CAN in particular not to politicise this issue or reduce it to mere press releases as I have seen in the past but to work closely with relevant authorities to engage the abductors on her case as soon as possible before it is late.

“I pray that in view of the uncertainties which is becoming alarming, the federal government will also act very fast to ensure the release of all the remaining victims,” Mamu added.

https://leadership.ng/just-in-terrorists-release-oldest-abductee-daughter-2-other-train-passengers/

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by bewla(m): 7:52pm On Aug 19, 2022
No god
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by femisplash: 8:23pm On Aug 19, 2022
Look at that. FG is now at the short end of the stick after releasing the wife and twins of the terrorist leader without ensuring swaps were done simultaneously. Whoever negotiated the failed deal on behalf of FG is supposed to be locked up in jail for sabotage.
Those ragtag idiots would keep holding up the rest of the victims while releasing them in few batches with millions in hand for each batch.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by blackboy(m): 9:29pm On Aug 19, 2022
The continued release of the kidnapped passengers by the bandits on their own terms and time is a disgrace to the security forces of this country and further conformation that this government has failed in terms of security.
What we should have read after a few days of the kidnapings is that our security forces have made arrests and rescued all the passengers.
FG no value lives of its ppl only their family and selves and friends to an extent

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by sotall(m): 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2022
cool

Season film!

Buhari has secretly paid his brothers some hard currency

14 Likes

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by GboyegaD(m): 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2022
I wonder how these terrorist keeps releasing the victims in trickles and the government is unable to nab them.

12 Likes

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by noble71(m): 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2022
shocked
This one na Admission list. Batch by batch embarassed

Vote Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi to us.

15 Likes

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by JackDaAlienz(m): 11:13pm On Aug 19, 2022
Tinubu can't even tell his Vice to command his boys to release all the kidnap victims.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by Truthday: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2022
Ok

Yet the victims are muslims. Those calling the terrorists muslims are either sick, blind or Full of nothing but hate.

Will they be Fighting for islam and be killing muslims?? Will islam tell them to be killing their fellow muslims so that no muslims will remain on earth ??

When did terrorism itself start in Nigeria ?? Islam has been in Nigeria for over 500 years. So since then. What has been practised isn't islam right ?? It's less than 15yrs that Boko Haram started that islam came to Nigeria. This is to show the number of crazy and foolish people we have in this country who has committed their life to nothing but hate and hatred. Hypocrisy and bigotry. More dead than living in this country.

Can we just have brain and use our head??

Terrorists are bastards criminals irrespective of religion

15 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by CEPHAS101: 11:14pm On Aug 19, 2022
Na wa oh...... We have never had it this bad in this country......

4 Likes

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by Oyikoha(m): 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2022
Lol APC is doing great �����

3 Likes

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by Floorbeat(f): 11:16pm On Aug 19, 2022
ok
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by Hoedogwu(f): 11:17pm On Aug 19, 2022
Oyikoha:
Lol APC is doing great �����

Is this a joke or what
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by Splitmind: 11:24pm On Aug 19, 2022
This is the Federal Government's perfect negotiation skills at work. These people should be eternally grateful to President Muhammadu Buhari for allowing them to see another day.

38 Likes

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by Nuhskhut: 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
Na only God go save us from this calamities.
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by Danisaint112(m): 11:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
Truthday:
Ok

Yet the victims are muslims. Those calling the terrorists muslims are either sick, blind or Full of nothing but hate.

Will they be Fighting for islam and be killing muslims?? Will islam tell them to be killing their fellow muslims so that no muslims will remain on earth ??

Try harder. Like keep trying just maybe someone might believe your justification. You think we are fools or what?

As far as I'm concerned all the terrorist and terrorist organization displayed in the world terrorist index are all Muslims and made from Islam.

I'm sorry if you are Muslim but this doesn't change the fact that people terrorising the country today and the world at large do so for Religion.

Boko Haram is said to be the abductors. What does Boko Haram mean? Education is prohibited! and they think so because it making people deviate from the so called "religion of peace."

Last I remember the Islamic state of West Africa province (ISWAP) aren't kidnappers but terrorist fuelled by religious beliefs from Islam. The name says it all.

Until you Muslims reject this terrorist sponsors, rebel against them, condemn them in any way possible you people would never escape this trouble you have brought upon yourselves..

I won't even be surprised if you are of the Bats supporting a terrorist sympathizer and apologist.

A problem can not be solved if unknown or known and ignored.
~Danisaint

Vote Peter Obi so that he would open their yansh or vote the Agbado munchers or Atiku (another Islamic apologist) and continue to suffer from unending terror attack. FYI I lost faith in Atiku after he deleted the tweet he made about Deborah...

The choice is yours. If we don't get it right this time we suffer for another 8 years.

Vote PO for yansh exposement. cheesy So you will also be able to tell if Muslims are responsible or not.

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by Divine081: 11:27pm On Aug 19, 2022
Truthday:
Ok

Who told you the victims are all Muslims, they are only releasing Muslims.Non Muslims are still with them, shey dey even threatened to marry off one Christian lady to their commander.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by mobilemaniac(f): 11:30pm On Aug 19, 2022
blackboy:
The continued release of the kidnapped passengers by the bandits on their own terms and time is a disgrace to the security forces of this country and further conformation that this government has failed in terms of security.
What we should have read after a few days of the kidnapings is that our security forces have made arrests and rescued all the passengers.
FG no value lives of its ppl only their family and selves and friends to an extent
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by mobilemaniac(f): 11:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
Truthday:
Ok

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by mobilemaniac(f): 11:31pm On Aug 19, 2022
GboyegaD:
I wonder how these terrorist keeps releasing the victims in trickles and the government is unable to nab them.
Emem5:
This government has failed nigerians
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by Hoedogwu(f): 11:34pm On Aug 19, 2022
Splitmind:
This is the Federal Government's perfect negotiation skills at work. These people should be eternally grateful to President Muhammadu Buhari for allowing them to see another day.

One cannot quantify the number of stupid people on this forum. If I curse this one now, they will say I'm not different from him. Look at how these people think.

I should thank Buhari for getting me out of a problem his incompetence put me into in the first place? Maybe Seun needs to subject some of you to psych-eval before letting you register

7 Likes

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by Eriokanmi: 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2022
Like play, like play,.Nigeria don join the league of terrorist nations.

If its not news about kidnapping, its about killings or news on corruption. Only God can predict the future of Nigeria. Our politicians or so called leaders have failed woefully

1 Like

Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by chaddy16: 11:35pm On Aug 19, 2022
I'm speechless. Who should we blame now?
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by 2blessed01(m): 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2022
Una weldone for that...
But I want to know why U coolppl haven't abducted BUHARI AND EL RUFAI YET
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by TestingNV: 11:38pm On Aug 19, 2022
Eriokanmi:
Like play, like play,.Nigeria don join the league of terrorist nations.

If its not news about kidnapping, its about killings or news on corruption. Only God can predict the future of Nigeria. Our politicians or so called leaders have failed woefully
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by TestingNV: 11:39pm On Aug 19, 2022
chaddy16:
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by TestingNV: 11:39pm On Aug 19, 2022
2blessed01:
Una weldone for that...
But I want to know why U coolppl haven't abducted BUHARI AND EL RUFAI YET
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by LAXconfidential(m): 11:40pm On Aug 19, 2022
chaddy16:
Blame me
Re: Terrorists Release Oldest Abductee, Daughter, 2 Other Train Passengers by LAXconfidential(m): 11:40pm On Aug 19, 2022
Good for nothing government

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PDP Jittery Over Six Arrested INEC Staff In Abia / FG To Review Fuel Price Template- Kachikwu / Bomb Kills 3 Female Suicide Bombers In Borno

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.