Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,037 members, 7,814,544 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 02:43 PM

Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi (1375 Views)

Scores Killed In Road Accident Along Abuja-makurdi Road (photos) / My Road Trip To Ilorin, Kwara State, Nigeria (Pictures) / Road Trip To Germany (a Short True Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 9:24am On Aug 20, 2022
Hello Nairalanders, hope your weekend is on going on smoothly?

As for me, I am on the road traveling from Ilorin in Kwara State to Makurdi in Benue State. Over the years, I've always wanted to share my travel experience with others online but laziness and doubt about how well I'd do it have being hampering me.

So, today, I've decided to share the experience from this journey with y'all.

Please, I'm a novice so, I might not be able to do it like the pros; just manage the little I can afford.

Join me let's make this thread interesting

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 9:27am On Aug 20, 2022
e nor far na... and benue isn't North.

Go further na please,lemme enjoy it
Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 20, 2022
Wow
Enjoy.
Safe journey.
Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 9:42am On Aug 20, 2022
Our journey started from Offa garage in Ilorin via public transportation. The bus ticket is 8,000 Naira.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 9:45am On Aug 20, 2022
First bus left by 6:30 am while the second Bus left around 7:40 am. I think they do have 4 or more buses daily depending on the number of passengers

1 Like

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 9:46am On Aug 20, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
e nor far na... and benue isn't North.

Go further na please,lemme enjoy it

But it's a far journey.
Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 9:54am On Aug 20, 2022
From Offa garage to Idofian to Ajase IPO to Oro then to Edidi to Omu Aran; all in Kwara state is a straight road.

The road is good from Idofian to Ajase IPO but averagely bad thereafter till Omu Aran.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by Justkatty(f): 10:36am On Aug 20, 2022
Fully following
Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 10:48am On Aug 20, 2022
One thing I've noticed so far is that,since we left Ilorin till Otun-Ekiti, we've not come any police check point. Just two road safety checkpoints in Kwara state and a single military check point in Ekiti so far.

3 Likes

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 12:04pm On Aug 20, 2022
From Iludun-Ekiti to Isan-Ekiti, to Itaji-Ekiti the road is very good - absolutely devoid of potholes.

The road is however not so busy- too quiet for my liking due to the level of insecurity in the country. Well, a couple of military and police check points are stationed along the route so I feel a little bit at ease.

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by aieromon(m): 1:18pm On Aug 20, 2022
jswitch:
From Iludun-Ekiti to Isan-Ekiti, to Itaji-Ekiti the road is very good - absolutely devoid of potholes.

The road is however not so busy- too quiet for my liking due to the level of insecurity in the country. Well, a couple of military and police check points are stationed along the route so I feel a little bit at ease.

Fayemi's hometown. The road will be busy by 3pm when vehicles heading to Kwara will be passing by.

Keep sharing updates and have a safe trip

1 Like

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2022
From Oye to Ikole-Ekiti, the road is moderately bad. But from Ikole-Ekiti down to Omuo-Oke in Ekiti state, the road is very baaaad....

From Omou-oke to Iyamuoye to Iyara to Kabba in Kogi State, the road good to a large extent.

Most damaged sections of the road have been recently fixed.

From Ikole-Ekiti down to Kabba, there is increased vehicular movement likewise the number of Police check points.

Interestingly, we've not experienced harassment, forceful extortion or time wasting by security personnel from any of the security check points.

Though, the driver has been a cheerful giver so far.

FUEL CONSUMPTION:
The driver bought 50 litres at Rainoil Filling Station before we left Ilorin this morning. He bought another 40 litres at NNPC branded filling station in Kabba- all at the price of 180 Naira per litre.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2022
aieromon:

Fayemi's hometown. The road will be busy by 3pm when vehicles heading to Kwara will be passing by.

Keep sharing updates and have a safe trip

Amen. Thank you.
Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by aieromon(m): 2:53pm On Aug 20, 2022
jswitch:
From Oye to Ikole-Ekiti, the road is moderately bad. But from Ikole-Ekiti down to Omuo-Oke in Ekiti state, the road is very baaaad....

From Omou-oke to Iyamuoye to Iyara to Kabba in Kogi State, the road good to a large extent.

Most damaged sections of the road have been recently fixed.

From Ikole-Ekiti down to Kabba, there is increased vehicular movement likewise the number of Police check points.

Interestingly, we've not experienced harassment, forceful extortion or time wasting by security personnel from any of the security check points.

Though, the driver has been a cheerful giver so far.

FUEL CONSUMPTION:
The driver bought 50 litres at Rainoil Filling Station before we left Ilorin this morning. He bought another 40 litres at NNPC branded filling station in Kabba- all at the price of 180 Naira per litre.

@Originakalokalo
Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2022
We had a 30 minutes stop in Okenne for passengers to refuel and stretch their legs.

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by Originakalokalo(m): 3:25pm On Aug 20, 2022
aieromon:

@Originakalokalo

Thanks bro.

God bless you.
Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 3:53pm On Aug 20, 2022
From Auchi Junction (left turn) to the Express way heading to Ajaokuta/Itobe/ Enugua, Ebonyi and Benue.

Government is presently using bulldozers to grade each sides of the expressway (I believe this is in response to the high rate of kidnapping incidents that have occurred on that road in recent weeks.

Several sections of the expressway are in very bad state. The road is however busy but with just a couple of police check points. But then, there are various check points mounted by the local vigilantes who are all armed with guns (I don't know the type or capacity of the guns though).

1 Like

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2022
(1) Ajaokuta at the West Africa Ceramic company. The company that had some of its staff members killed and others kidnapped some weeks ago.

(2 and 3) Itobe: crossing the River Niger.

1 Like

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 6:58pm On Aug 20, 2022
From Itobe to Ayangba, the road is relatively good.

The number of security check points (since the commencement of the journey from Ilorin) is moderate and they are strategically positioned unlike the usual practice of flooding the highways with checkpoints that are just 500 metres between them.

So far so good, we've been delayed unnecessarily or forcefully extorted by security agents. All the security agents we've come across have been so professional that an average Nigerian would wonder if there is a special order given to them today.

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by ojorich(m): 8:43pm On Aug 20, 2022
Wait till you reach ankpa to makurdi, then you would understand what bad road is

2 Likes

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 2:57pm On Aug 21, 2022
ojorich:
Wait till you reach ankpa to makurdi, then you would understand what bad road is

You are absolutely right sir, from Ankpa to Adoka, the road is very bad.

From Adoka to Naka, the road is very good but from Naka to Makurdi; it's a death trap.

I was tired and exhausted last night plus darkness (because we arrived at night) That's why I couldn't give update

1 Like

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by aieromon(m): 4:46pm On Aug 21, 2022
jswitch:

You are absolutely right sir, from Ankpa to Adoka, the road is very bad.

From Adoka to Naka, the road is very good but from Naka to Makurdi; it's a death trap.

I was tired and exhausted last night plus darkness (because we arrived at night) That's why I couldn't give update

How many hours was the trip in total?

1 Like

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 11:46pm On Aug 21, 2022
aieromon:

How many hours was the trip in total?

13 hours... We left Ilorin around 7:40 am and got to Makurdi (Wurukum Roundabout) by 8:33 pm

1 Like

Re: Road Trip- Ilorin To Makurdi by jswitch(m): 8:05am On Sep 01, 2022
I'm sorry I didn't drop updates on this thread about my trip to Makurdi. I've however created another thread with about me exploring the city of Makurdi.

Here is a link to the other thread... https://www.nairaland.com/7308895/exploring-city-makurdi-pictures-video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GM1T8_8pj9I

(1) (Reply)

Egyptian Police Shoot Nigerian Woman ! / Emigration Soars As Britons Deserts The Uk / Why Do You Want To Leave Nigeria For Another Country?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.