Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,354 members, 7,815,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline (9658 Views)

Reported Killings In Nigeria: Breakdown Of Affected States, Geopolitical Zones / Lagos Shuts Down All State Owned Broadcast Stations / Asset Declaration: CCB Gives Buhari, Osinbajo, Others Tuesday Deadline To Submit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by ufotunang: 5:59pm On Aug 20, 2022
meum:
Why is Lagos State Broadcasting Corporation on that list? Abi Lagos no get money to renew broadcast license?
.how will they have money when the federal government does not provide a condusive environment for this radio stations to strive...no constant electricity light they use disel at 850 per litre to power their generator to run the radio stations, bad roads, multiple taxation, 700 naira to a dollar... with all of these the radio station will run in a lose and find it difficult to pay to renew their licenses and pay taxes

1 Like

Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by Tochi3(m): 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2022
meum:
Why is Lagos State Broadcasting Corporation on that list? Abi Lagos no get money to renew broadcast license?
Check inside the Bullion van at Bourdillon
Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by iLoveYouToo(m): 6:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
Addme:
Actually none of them even went offair in the first place. Maybe they took it with a pinch of salt or NBC didn't really implement the licence takeover stuff.

All the same , they should bear with this Stations for God's sake, most of them are running at loss with the diesel price on the high side and maintenance costs going up on a daily.

I remember at a time, some of them running 24hrs in Lagos had to cut down their time, closed by midnight and returned around 5am.
Some are still doing it up till now.

It's not easy generally for media houses

If you drive a vehicle with expired papers your vehicle will be impounded till the papers are renewed; I’m guessing by it’s a similar situation . It’s good they’ve been given a grace period to renew.

1 Like

Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by HausaIgboYoruba: 6:09pm On Aug 20, 2022
God1000:
I see politics in this, especially with the inclusion of splash FM Ibadan
Odeh, stop politicizing everything! What about Jigawa, Kebbi, Kaduna, Katsina stations etc that are APC states, yet their licenses were revoked
Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by Badguy77(m): 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2022
E good for them abi some of them dey praise buhari government

Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by donprinyo(m): 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2022
Nonsense
Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by liasmiram2567: 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2022
[quote author=God1000 post=115890073]I see politics in this, especially with the inclusion of splash FM Ibadan[/quote

What politics? Didn't see APC dominated states Broadcasting stations as well?
Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by adeoba2008(m): 7:01pm On Aug 20, 2022
God1000:
Prophet. Continue.
Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by yinkkus: 8:05pm On Aug 20, 2022
God1000:

What politics? can they just fabricate splash fm and slot it in there if they are not owing?
Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by highbee02: 9:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
Kwara State Broadcasting Corporation aka Radio Kwara was a shadow of itself before this present administration in the state. Thanks to [b]Gov. AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq [/b]for revamping the station, he has a listening ear and he will comply.
Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by godofuck231: 10:35pm On Aug 20, 2022
Am confused and flummoxed, back then front ,then hoping to go back ,apc how did the confusion get this complicated
Re: NBC Reinstates Licenses Of Affected Broadcast Stations, Sets Tuesday Deadline by ufotunang: 12:19pm On Aug 21, 2022
meum:

Are other states that renewed their licenses not operating in Nigeria under the same conditions you listed?
..yes they are all operating in the same condition.....but not all the owners of radio stations are the same financially in wealth, richee.....those radio stations are owned by wealthy people...so even if those radio stations are running in a lose the owner can still pay the broadcast licenses out of his own pocket since he has the money, he is wealthy.... like a radia station in uyo ..I really like listening to which is ..planet radio 101.1 fm uyo..the owner of the radio station was in USA for many years working there ..made a lot of money (dollars) and he set up a radio station..planet radio 101,1 fm uyo in his village...the man is a billionaire, wealthy.. still have some bussiness in USA..so such a person can pay the broadcast licenses easily m even if his radio stations is running in a loss...but the ones that the owner are not that wealthy will find it difficult to pay their licenses when they are running in a lose

(1) (2) (Reply)

Criticisms Of My Style No Longer Bother Me - Jonathan / Patience & Goodluck Jonathan On Her Graduation Day (Picture) / Corrupt Judges Will Be Prosecuted, Forfeit Assets – FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.