Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,751 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. (2998 Views)

Is Mazda Cx9 A Good Car For Places With Many Bad Roads / How Much Is Mazda 323 In Nigeria? / 10 Cars That Are Powered By The Engine Of Another Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 8:08pm On Aug 20, 2022
I don't know if Mazda engine is cheap compared to Toyota and Kia? I like their Mazda 3 and 6.

Experience people what's your view.

1 Like

Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by Emmy000seun(m): 8:30am On Aug 21, 2022
Mazda is good but only for manual gear of them... The ones you talk about is not too good neither is too bad but you need a mechanic that understand it before you can go for it..in general Mazda manual cars are much better than Auto..
CedarHoldings:
I don't know if Mazda engine is cheap compared to Toyota and Kia? I like their Mazda 3 and 6.

Experience people what's your view.
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 9:22am On Aug 21, 2022
Emmy000seun:
Mazda is good but only for manual gear of them... The ones you talk about is not too good neither is too bad but you need a mechanic that understand it before you can go for it..in general Mazda manual cars are much better than Auto..
thanks so much, let me stick to my Volkswagen.
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by Emmy000seun(m): 3:06pm On Aug 21, 2022
Volksis cool and what kind of volks are you using??
CedarHoldings:
thanks so much, let me stick to my Volkswagen.
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 5:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
Emmy000seun:
Volksis cool and what kind of volks are you using??
Golf 4
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by PAQ(m): 6:13pm On Aug 21, 2022
Depending on the model year. In the last decade Mazda has made some really fast and reliable cars (sedans & SUVs) Superseding Toyota & Lexus in 2020 as the most reliable vehicle brand.

Even old Mazda 323 & 626 are strong cars, else you wouldnt see the 323 used as Taxis. You dont see many new model Mazda's on the road because of Nigeria's craze for anything Toyota, doesnt make it bad.

If you intend to buy a Mazda, i advice you read on the model years then ask your mechanic about availability of parts.
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by Emmy000seun(m): 7:51pm On Aug 21, 2022
Golf is durable and lesser in maintenance wise..still stick to it except you want to upgrade and make sure you have a little money with you and the master of it is make enquires..God bless
CedarHoldings:
Golf 4

1 Like

Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by nwaozzugwor: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2022
I have driven up to 4 Mazdas...
3 Mazda 626...go through my dm and see them.

The present one now is mazda 6..So I can say that I am in a good position to advise you..

Why did I sell and still go back to the same Mazda?

My dear, it is the passion..I can't get over it .the cars I sold have no issue, just for the fun if it.

Mazda as a car brand is the best gift to the world( though I stand to be corrected).

The fuel usage is wonderful, is fast and reliable.. since my 9 years with the product, it hasn't stopped me on the road...only changing of the oil.

Then the engine?

It is the cheapest so far ...since Nigerians are suffering from the Toyota syndrome..there is no much demand on the Mazda hence the low price

The complete engine for Mazda 6 is 150k

The Mazda 626 will be cheaper.

The Mazda 6 (4 plugs) runs like V6...try it and see .

But the only demerit I noticed about the product...is that the auto transmission is not always good .

5 Likes

Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 8:46pm On Aug 21, 2022
Emmy000seun:
Golf is durable and lesser in maintenance wise..still stick to it except you want to upgrade and make sure you have a little money with you and the master of it is make enquires..God bless
yes i wanted to upgrade that am asking about Mazda,

But my no 2 pick is Honda civic of 2007- 08,am considering Honda more than Mazda tho.
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
Thanks i really like their Mazda 3 nd 6 but Emmy000seun said their manual supercede, so am dropping the idea
PAQ:
Depending on the model year. In the last decade Mazda has made some really fast and reliable cars (sedans & SUVs) Superseding Toyota & Lexus in 2020 as the most reliable vehicle brand.

Even old Mazda 323 & 626 are strong cars, else you wouldnt see the 323 used as Taxis. You dont see many new model Mazda's on the road because of Nigeria's craze for anything Toyota, doesnt make it bad.

If you intend to buy a Mazda, i advice you read on the model years then ask your mechanic about availability of parts.
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 8:57pm On Aug 21, 2022
That's what Emmy000seun said about it, their are manual is good, i can't like a car with transmission problems, have been driving the volks since 2017 no transmission problem
nwaozzugwor:

The present one now is mazda 6..So I can say that I am in a good position to advise you..

My dear, it is the passion..I can't get over it .the cars I sold have no issue, just for the fun if it.

Mazda as a car brand is the best gift to the world( though I stand to be corrected).

The fuel usage is wonderful, is fast and reliable.. since my 9 years with the product, it hasn't stopped me on the road...only changing of the oil.

Then the engine?

It is the cheapest so far ...since Nigerians are suffering from the Toyota syndrome..there is no much demand on the Mazda hence the low price

But the only demerit I noticed about the product...is that the auto transmission is not always good .
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by nwaozzugwor: 8:59pm On Aug 21, 2022
CedarHoldings:
That's what Emmy000seun said about it, their are manual is good, i can't like a car with transmission problems, have been driving the volks since 2017 no transmission problem

The manual transmission is Anthony Joshua
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 9:02pm On Aug 21, 2022
nwaozzugwor:

The manual transmission is Anthony Joshua
gringringrin
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by Emmy000seun(m): 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2022
Honda civic is not a bad deal bro, it's ball joint is like Corolla too, it doesn't pull out..and fuel efficient even than Corolla..and part are cheap and common to get..
CedarHoldings:
yes i wanted to upgrade that am asking about Mazda,

But my no 2 pick is Honda civic of 2007- 08,am considering Honda more than Mazda tho.

1 Like

Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by Emmy000seun(m): 10:16pm On Aug 21, 2022
As you can see the guy in quote too made mention that the Auto is not too good, that's the point..they are only perfect in manual car and it moves well and rugged..so if you don't like manual don't go for Mazda my advice.. your choice of Honda civic is better if not best .. subjected to my view tho!!!
CedarHoldings:
Thanks i really like their Mazda 3 nd 6 but Emmy000seun said their manual supercede, so am dropping the idea
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by sultaan(m): 1:21am On Aug 22, 2022
Mazda 3 and 6 are Fords
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 1:35am On Aug 22, 2022
sultaan:
Mazda 3 and 6 are Fords
really but transmission not good, but i don't know much about ford cars sha
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 1:37am On Aug 22, 2022
Pls anyone has an idea of tyre price now, new or tokunbo?
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by sunnymighty(m): 4:24am On Aug 25, 2022
CedarHoldings:
Pls anyone has an idea of tyre price now, new or tokunbo?

Depends on the size
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 3:44pm On Aug 25, 2022
sunnymighty:

Depends on the size
15size
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by sunnymighty(m): 4:00am On Aug 26, 2022
CedarHoldings:
15size

The same size (2 nos) I bought about three months ago was 10k each.Though I gave the person money.
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by CedarHoldings: 6:55pm On Aug 26, 2022
sunnymighty:

The same size (2 nos) I bought about three months ago was 10k each.Though I gave the person money.
that's must be tokunbo o, abi na new?
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by sunnymighty(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
CedarHoldings:
that's must be tokunbo o, abi na new?

Tokunbo, well graded.

1 Like

Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by Conner44: 12:48pm On Aug 28, 2022
nwaozzugwor:

Then the engine?

That’s very nice. I like the new Mazda cars too especially their recent design language. You say you’ve owned and driven 4 different Mazda vehicles within 9 years. That’s circa 1 and a half years on each vehicle. How many kilometers/miles do you drive in a year?

Do you know that if you’ve not put at least 50,000 kilometers or miles on the odometer of a particular vehicle then you’re actually not in the best position to give proper user experience concerning such vehicle?

You can’t purchase a car and change its oil only 5-6 times and then say you know everything about the maintenance of such vehicle.

1 Like

Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by udemzyudex(m): 8:22pm On Aug 28, 2022
Conner44:

That’s very nice. I like the new Mazda cars too especially their recent design language. You say you’ve owned and driven 4 different Mazda vehicles within 9 years. That’s circa 1 and a half years on each vehicle. How many kilometers/miles do you drive in a year?

Do you know that if you’ve not put at least 50,000 kilometers or miles on the odometer of a particular vehicle then you’re actually not in the best position to give proper user experience concerning such vehicle?

You can’t purchase a car and change its oil only 5-6 times and then say you know everything about the maintenance of such vehicle.

Very funny,you're talking as if he said he bought them brand new.

Most tokunbo cars in naija were bought at over 120km,so at that point a car with bad engine would have likely been replaced, the owner will be facing engine or gear problem,so saying a car owner can't give review about his car because he/she have not covered at least 50km on it doesn't make any sense.

Some car manufacturer warranty will end at 60km and some 100km, there's a reason for that,so if drive a car of over 150km or so with the time you've spent with it,you should be able to give a review about it.

1 Like

Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by Conner44: 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
udemzyudex:

Most tokunbo cars in naija were bought at over 120km,so at that point a car with bad engine would have likely been replaced, the owner will be facing engine or gear problem,so saying a car owner can't give review about his car because he/she have not covered at least 50km on it doesn't make any sense.

Some car manufacturer warranty will end at 60km and some 100km, there's a reason for that,so if drive a car of over 150km or so with the time you've spent with it,you should be able to give a review about it.

Vehicles have different maintenance items to check off a list as the mileage piles up.

There are specific time periods or set mileages for changing fluids, engine components (belts, water pumps etc), tyre rotations, and so on.

If I buy a tokumbo vehicle if 150,000 miles that has its engine and other components already changed and then drive it for only 2 years taking an additional 15,000 miles then how will I arrive at such set mileages to do the periodic maintenance specified by the vehicle manufacturer according to its manual?

Let me rephrase my question. . .

If I buy a tear nylon new vehicle and drive it for only 20,000 miles then sell it off, would you say I have in-depth knowledge of the maintenance needs and requirements of that particular car? keeping in mind that the set mileages to make specific maintenance on its drivetrain have not been reached yet?

How do you know a vehicle is not good maintenance wise?

A good example is if the manufacturer says ‘change the timing belt at 100,000miles’ in its manual. Then 10 people purchase such a vehicle and drive it to the set mileage but 8 out of those vehicles developed timing belt damages at only 80,000 miles while the remaining 2 users drove theirs over the 100,000 miles without issues.

According to the example above that particular vehicle has a very serious timing belt issue but the person who bought it new and used it for only 2 years or 20,000 miles will never know. To him the vehicle is the best thing after bread and butter.

I hope you understand my meaning.

1 Like

Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by udemzyudex(m): 8:51pm On Aug 28, 2022
Conner44:

Vehicles have different maintenance items to check off a list as the mileage piles up.

There are specific time periods or set mileages for changing fluids, engine components (belts, water pumps etc), tyre rotations, and so on.

If I buy a tokumbo vehicle if 150,000 miles that has its engine and other components already changed and then drive it for only 2 years taking an additional 15,000 miles then how will I arrive at such set mileages to do the periodic maintenance specified by the vehicle manufacturer according to its manual?

Let me rephrase my question. . .

If I buy a tear nylon new vehicle and drive it for only 20,000 miles then sell it off, would you say I have in-depth knowledge of the maintenance needs and requirements of that particular car? keeping in mind that the set mileages to make specific maintenance on its drivetrain have not been reached yet?

How do you know a vehicle is not good maintenance wise?

A good example is if the manufacturer says ‘change the timing belt at 100,000miles’ in its manual. Then 10 people purchase such a vehicle and drive it to the set mileage but 8 out of those vehicles developed timing belt damages at only 80,000 miles while the remaining 2 users drove theirs over the 100,000 miles without issues.

According to the example above that particular vehicle has a very serious timing belt issue but the person who bought it new and used it for only 2 years or 20,000 miles will never know. To him the vehicle is the best thing after bread and butter.

I hope you understand my meaning.

My question to you is, do you know the vehicle history?

You're basing your analogy on parts like engine already changed before he purchased it which means you didn't even bother to comprehend what I wrote up there before quoting.
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by Conner44: 9:27pm On Aug 28, 2022
udemzyudex:

My question to you is, do you know the vehicle history?

You're basing your analogy on parts like engine already changed before he purchased it which means you didn't even bother to comprehend what I wrote up there before quoting.

At the bolded, nowhere have I spoken of such on this thread. If I have you can point it out to me.

Concerning the vehicle history it is still part of what a user has to build over the course of time while using the said vehicle. A Nigerian man cannot go and buy a 150,000 miles vehicle used abroad and boast of knowing its history to use as a yardstick in judging how good the maintenance of such a vehicle is.

Now to your earliest post which you claim I didn’t comprehend, let me dissect it below ;

If you didn’t buy a vehicle brand new and use it the maintenance needs start creeping up you can’t judge if that vehicle is really maintenance friendly.

Most tokunbo cars in naija were bought at over 120km,so at that point a car with bad engine would have likely been replaced

What exactly is your point with this sentence in connection with the post I initially quoted towards the guy who likes Mazda vehicles? But let me still address it further below

the owner will be facing engine or gear problem,so saying a car owner can't give review about his car because he/she have not covered at least 50km on it doesn't make any sense.

Which owner will be facing these issues you speak of? The old oyibo owner or the new Nigerian owner?

If the oyibo owner changed the gearbox and engine before selling it off to a Nigerian to ship down here then the new user here should definitely not see any issues with those components for a while except it was a botched job or the new owner is careless.

But if truly the engine and gearbox were changed before shipping the new question would be ‘why exactly were they changed? ‘ was it due to manufacturer error or user error?

This is the sentence I agree with above.

Remember you quoted me when I spoke of someone who used a Mazda car for maybe just over 3 years here in Nigeria in which he won’t be able to cover up to 30,000miles over that period of time. So how could he in good sense have used that vehicle for the full warranty period? How could he know that the vehicle was good based on the warranty and basic manufacturer maintenance minders alone?

I think you should read the post I made initial to the Mazda guy before you quoted me. It seems like you are the one who didn’t comprehend the information I conveyed in those paragraphs.

1 Like

Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by udemzyudex(m): 10:58pm On Aug 28, 2022
Conner44:

At the bolded, nowhere have I spoken of such on this thread. If I have you can point it out to me.

Concerning the vehicle history it is still part of what a user has to build over the course of time while using the said vehicle. A Nigerian man cannot go and buy a 150,000 miles vehicle used abroad and boast of knowing its history to use as a yardstick in judging how good the maintenance of such a vehicle is.

Now to your earliest post which you claim I didn’t comprehend, let me dissect it below ;

If you didn’t buy a vehicle brand new and use it the maintenance needs start creeping up you can’t judge if that vehicle is really maintenance friendly.

What exactly is your point with this sentence in connection with the post I initially quoted towards the guy who likes Mazda vehicles? But let me still address it further below

Which owner will be facing these issues you speak of? The old oyibo owner or the new Nigerian owner?

If the oyibo owner changed the gearbox and engine before selling it off to a Nigerian to ship down here then the new user here should definitely not see any issues with those components for a while except it was a botched job or the new owner is careless.

But if truly the engine and gearbox were changed before shipping the new question would be ‘why exactly were they changed? ‘ was it due to manufacturer error or user error?

This is the sentence I agree with above.

Remember you quoted me when I spoke of someone who used a Mazda car for maybe just over 3 years here in Nigeria in which he won’t be able to cover up to 30,000miles over that period of time. So how could he in good sense have used that vehicle for the full warranty period? How could he know that the vehicle was good based on the warranty and basic manufacturer maintenance minders alone?

I think you should read the post I made initial to the Mazda guy before you quoted me. It seems like you are the one who didn’t comprehend the information I conveyed in those paragraphs.

You forgot the 80,000 miles timing belt example you gave up there?
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by Conner44: 11:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
udemzyudex:

You forgot the 80,000 miles timing belt example you gave up there?

Great point. Now let me focus on that particular example for you to better understand my point.

Now Honda produced several iterations of J series 6 cylinder engines for a wide variety of their vehicle models. The basic power train warranty on such vehicles is usually 5 years or 60,000 miles whichever comes first.

Now a very specific and crucial factor regarding the maintenance and longevity of these types of engines is that you have to change its timing belt, water pump and timing guides at exactly 100,000 miles from the date of taking ownership.

Let’s use a regular Honda Accord for this example.

Scenario 1 : oyibo ‘A’ bought it new in America, used it till 95,000 miles and changed those components before using it an extra few years till it reaches 140,000 miles before selling it off.

Scenario 2 : oyibo ’B’ also bought it new in America, used it for up to 110,000 miles without changing the timing components as he should have done although the vehicle was still very much operational in his use until he eventually sold it off.

Scenario 3 : oyibo ‘C’ too bought his unit brand new, used it till only 50,000 miles and his timing belt cut thereby blowing up his engine. He took it in for his warranty claim and won so the company installed a replacement/refurbished engine for him sent him on his way. He didn’t have the peace of mind to use the vehicle anymore since he witnessed the engine blow up due to no fault of his so he sold it off immediately after the engine replacement at exactly 65,000 miles.

Now let’s assume all 3 vehicles were shipped down to Nigeria and sold off to new users.

If you were to buy the first oyibo’s vehicle (oyibo A) you would see his maintenance history and see he did his timing belt at the stipulated time. This means that engine in that car should go on for another 100,000 miles without any issues from that side. Most Nigerians don’t check vehicle history so they might as well just keep using the vehicle for many many years claiming it’s a wonderful car because the previous owner did a good job in maintenance.

If you were to unfortunately get the second oyibo’s vehicle this means that you might buy it in November and wash it to use to travel home for Christmas but on your way to the village the timing belt will cut at Benin and blow up your engine keeping you and your family stranded for days after wasting money to tow it to a secure place to try and see if it can be fixed haphazardly. Plus if the previous user mismanaged his engine do you really wish to know what other parts of the vehicle he skipped maintenance in? It’s a bad gamble buying such vehicles. Tell me if you saw your friend trying to buy that type of vehicle in future if you won’t advise him against it saying it showed you shege and the engine is a useless one just simply because you bought it from someone who didn’t do the required maintenance as at when due. Even if your wife catches you eyeing another woman it won’t be as bad as if she catches you eyeing that same type of car in future trust me.

Now if you got to buy the third oyibo’s own ‘C’ , you will be happy that your vehicle is low mileage and if you checked it’s history you would see that it’s engine was replaced. These two things will make someone like you happy but to someone like me I will be worried because if the engine was replaced it either means the owner was careless (other components might also be mismanaged) or it was a factory fault (the vehicle might be from a bad factory batch with other components which could also randomly fail without notice). Only a seasoned vehicle user can have this insight I’m telling you about.

All in all what I’m trying to say is that, buying used vehicles (no matter the mileage) and using it for short periods not more than 50,000 miles and claiming to know all about it’s maintenance enough to recommend it to someone else is not right because you haven’t used it long enough to test the stability of its various systems by yourself to see if they stood the test of time and depreciation.

Same with if you purchased a new vehicle and didn’t use it till its warranty expired, how then can you truly tell if the components of that vehicle can stand up to the claims which the manufacturer made concerning its longevity and usage? For you to drive a new vehicle to 60,000 miles in Nigeria can take up to 6 years. For you to use a brand new Honda Accord with the J series 6 cylinder engine till it’s time to change it’s timing belt components can take at least 10 years in Nigeria too.

I hope I made some things clear to you with the examples above.

1 Like

Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by udemzyudex(m): 8:16am On Aug 29, 2022
Conner44:

Great point. Now let me focus on that particular example for you to better understand my point.

Now Honda produced several iterations of J series 6 cylinder engines for a wide variety of their vehicle models. The basic power train warranty on such vehicles is usually 5 years or 60,000 miles whichever comes first.

Now a very specific and crucial factor regarding the maintenance and longevity of these types of engines is that you have to change its timing belt, water pump and timing guides at exactly 100,000 miles from the date of taking ownership.

Let’s use a regular Honda Accord for this example.

Scenario 1 : oyibo ‘A’ bought it new in America, used it till 95,000 miles and changed those components before using it an extra few years till it reaches 140,000 miles before selling it off.

Scenario 2 : oyibo ’B’ also bought it new in America, used it for up to 110,000 miles without changing the timing components as he should have done although the vehicle was still very much operational in his use until he eventually sold it off.

Scenario 3 : oyibo ‘C’ too bought his unit brand new, used it till only 50,000 miles and his timing belt cut thereby blowing up his engine. He took it in for his warranty claim and won so the company installed a replacement/refurbished engine for him sent him on his way. He didn’t have the peace of mind to use the vehicle anymore since he witnessed the engine blow up due to no fault of his so he sold it off immediately after the engine replacement at exactly 65,000 miles.

Now let’s assume all 3 vehicles were shipped down to Nigeria and sold off to new users.

If you were to buy the first oyibo’s vehicle (oyibo A) you would see his maintenance history and see he did his timing belt at the stipulated time. This means that engine in that car should go on for another 100,000 miles without any issues from that side. Most Nigerians don’t check vehicle history so they might as well just keep using the vehicle for many many years claiming it’s a wonderful car because the previous owner did a good job in maintenance.

If you were to unfortunately get the second oyibo’s vehicle this means that you might buy it in November and wash it to use to travel home for Christmas but on your way to the village the timing belt will cut at Benin and blow up your engine keeping you and your family stranded for days after wasting money to tow it to a secure place to try and see if it can be fixed haphazardly. Plus if the previous user mismanaged his engine do you really wish to know what other parts of the vehicle he skipped maintenance in? It’s a bad gamble buying such vehicles. Tell me if you saw your friend trying to buy that type of vehicle in future if you won’t advise him against it saying it showed you shege and the engine is a useless one just simply because you bought it from someone who didn’t do the required maintenance as at when due. Even if your wife catches you eyeing another woman it won’t be as bad as if she catches you eyeing that same type of car in future trust me.

Now if you got to buy the third oyibo’s own ‘C’ , you will be happy that your vehicle is low mileage and if you checked it’s history you would see that it’s engine was replaced. These two things will make someone like you happy but to someone like me I will be worried because if the engine was replaced it either means the owner was careless (other components might also be mismanaged) or it was a factory fault (the vehicle might be from a bad factory batch with other components which could also randomly fail without notice). Only a seasoned vehicle user can have this insight I’m telling you about.

All in all what I’m trying to say is that, buying used vehicles (no matter the mileage) and using it for short periods not more than 50,000 miles and claiming to know all about it’s maintenance enough to recommend it to someone else is not right because you haven’t used it long enough to test the stability of its various systems by yourself to see if they stood the test of time and depreciation.

Same with if you purchased a new vehicle and didn’t use it till its warranty expired, how then can you truly tell if the components of that vehicle can stand up to the claims which the manufacturer made concerning its longevity and usage? For you to drive a new vehicle to 60,000 miles in Nigeria can take up to 6 years. For you to use a brand new Honda Accord with the J series 6 cylinder engine till it’s time to change it’s timing belt components can take at least 10 years in Nigeria too.

I hope I made some things clear to you with the examples above.

I want to ask you just one question,do you know the history of the Mazda the guy have driven? Because from all this you're just assuming and you can only do this write up base on your own assumption.

He gave his own view because he owned the car for a certain period of time,all this analysis can only come to play if you know the vehicle history before it arrives this country and the period of time he drove it before selling.
Re: Is Mazda A Good Brand? And Is The Engine Cheap. by Conner44: 9:18am On Aug 29, 2022
udemzyudex:

I want to ask you just one question, do you know the history of the Mazda the guy have driven? Because from all this you're just assuming and you can only do this write up base on your own assumption.
He gave his own view because he owned the car for a certain period of time, all this analysis can only come to play if you know the vehicle history before it arrives this country and the period of time he drove it before selling.

Let’s not forget that our debate was about someone owning a vehicle and being able to give a enough review of that same vehicle to recommend it to a novice user of that kind of vehicle.

Now to answer your question, NO I don’t know the history of the vehicle the Mazda guy has driven.

But as we read from his post up there (unless I’m understanding him wrongly) he said he has used up to 4 different Mazda vehicles in 9 years. So based on this information I calculated his highest average ownership period of each vehicle to be around 2 - 3 years max. This means he could drive a maximum of 10,000 miles a year in Nigeria which translates 30,000 miles total per vehicle owned before selling off.

Now my own question to you is this, if someone used a vehicle for only 3 years and drove just 30,000 miles with it, do you feel the person has used the vehicle long and hard enough to give a proper review or recommendation of that same type vehicle?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Oil To Use For A V6 Engine / 500k Up.. What Car Can I Get / P1259 : Vtec System Malfunction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.