|Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New|
Stats: 2,992,424 members, 7,289,422 topics. Date: Friday, 03 February 2023 at 08:36 PM
|Major 10 News Update You Need To Know This Sunday Morning by CDAnewsreporter(m): 7:38am On Aug 21, 2022|
Good morning! Here is today’s summary from Nigerian Newspapers:
1. Anthony Joshua is fuming following his heavyweight championship defeat to Ukrainian Oleksandr Usyk in Saudi Arabia on Saturday. The Englishman lost on a split decision as Usyk defended his heavyweight titles, beating Joshua for a second time.
2. The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has said the collation of results of the 2023 general elections will be done manually despite the adoption of electronic transmission of results. INEC’s National Commissioner and Chairman of its Information and Voter Education Committee, Festus Okoye stated this yesterday.
3. Operatives of the Kaduna State Police Command have apprehended a 20-year-old notorious bandit at the Galadimawa forest in Giwa Local Government Area of the State. The State Command’s Public Relations Officer, Mohammed Jalige disclosed this in Kaduna on Saturday.
4. The Bola Ahmed Tinubu Global Ambassadors (BATGA), a support group for the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential candidate, Sen. Bola Tinubu has said Asiwaju is risking his life for Nigeria. Mr Kayode Olabode, National Coordinator (BATGA), disclosed this in a statement in Abuja on Saturday.
5. Governor Nyesom Wike of Rivers State has threatened to fight to finish anyone working with former National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Prince Uche Secondus. Wike issued the threat on Saturday at the flag-off ceremony of the construction of internal roads Omagwa, Ikwerre Local Government Area of Rivers State.
6. Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has denied reports that he endorsed the presidential ambition of the APC candidate, Bola Tinubu, when he visited him in Abeokuta. In a statement by Obasanjo’s Special Assistant on Media, Kehinde Akinyemi, on Saturday, the former president said the statements coming from those claiming to be supporters of Tinubu are unhelpful.
7. Former Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, Uche Secondus has rebuked Governor Nyesom Wike over his warning against his support for the party’s presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar. A terse statement by the ex-chairman’s media office reminded Wike that he would not be in power till eternity.
8. Gunmen suspected to be kidnappers, on Friday evening, killed an auto mechanic identified as Valentine Enwerem and kidnapped a businessman identified as Aloysius Onuekwusi. The incident happened after U-turn, at Nkwo Orji market junction, Owerri-Okigwe Road in Owerri North Local Government Area, Imo State.
9. The Federal Capital Territory Police Command, Saturday night, released journalist and publisher of CrossRiver Watch, Agba Jalingo. The FCT police spokesperson, Josephine Adeh, said that the command had earlier detained the journalist, adding that investigation was ongoing.
10. The Police Command in Kwara State has dismissed a viral video circulating on Facebook regarding a protest by some purported policemen over alleged non-payment of one year salary. The Commissioner of Police in the State, Tuesday Assayomo, said this in a statement issued by the command Spokesman, SP Ajayi Okasanmi, on Saturday, in Ilorin.
For Publication of your news content, essays, tapes, or any other newsworthy materials, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more inquiries and Advert, please call or WhatsApp. +234-805-410-9484.
Follow us on Twitter @anewsreporters
Visit our website,
Read and Share https://cdanewsonline.com/major-10-news-update-you-need-to-know-this-sunday-morning-8/
|Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health |
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket
Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48