Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,412 members, 7,954,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 04:16 AM

What Does God Really Look Like? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Really Look Like? (697 Views)

Do Angels Really Look Like This? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? / What Do Angels Really Look Like According To The Bible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does God Really Look Like? by olayiwola4u(m): 9:06am On Aug 21, 2022
Had it not been for man's inordinate affection for idols, God would have revealed more of his physical appearance to man. He loves and admires relationship so much that he created angels and other heavenly beings to be around him.

God, in his Royal Highness, can decide to be king without having anyone around him. He can never be lonely for any reason. After all, all the innumerable angels in heaven were not present with him at the very beginning. It was at a point he created them.

You send forth Your Spirit, they are created; And You renew the face of the earth.
Psalm 104:30

To imagine how he existed all alone for unknown amount of years is beyond our reasoning faculty.

Even when he created man, he had this relationship thing in his mind. He made us to praise him according to Isaiah 43:11. Unfortunately, man became a lover of idols. It was so much in the Bible days that God had to make the first commandment, out of the 10 commandments, to be… thou shalt have no other gods before me.

The day man would have been fortunate to see his similitude was when he appeared in a thick scary cloud on mount Sinai. Actually, God knew better. If he had given that opportunity to man, he would have been distressed. Hope you’ve not forgotten the flood, which destroyed the whole world, came after God felt distressed due to man's wickedness.

That was why he told the children of Israel never to make any image as he did not appear in any similitude to them.

The First Set Of People To See God.

Then Moses went up, also Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel,a and they saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet as it were a paved work of sapphire stone, and it was like the very heavens in its clarity.
Exodus 24:9-10

If you ask any Christian to name those who have seen God before, you will certainly get a response based on John 1:18 that no one has ever seen God except the son of God.

Do not misquote John like many do. He was simply referring to the full comprehension of God. Quoting only one part of the Bible and neglecting the other related verses is untenable in interpreting the word of God.

As stated earlier, no one has ever behold the full comprehension of God. However, he allowed some selected few to see some parts of his body. For instance, Moses saw his back in Exodus 33; 75 people saw his feet in Exodus 24. John who saw another glimpse of him gave his description in Revelation chapter 4; however, that was in a vision.

With those aforementioned verses, only a novice will say no one has seen God before.

According to that Exodus 24, the seventy elders, Moses, Aaron, Hur, Nadab and Abihu, all, went up to the mountain after God had descended on it. As they climbed up (verse 10 of chapter 24) they saw the feet of God. Take note of their description, after they saw his feet, they said the underneath looked like A SAPPHIRE STONE. That was the first description of the part of the spiritual body — legs — of God ever given in the Bible.

Confirmation Of The Description Given By The 75 People

Do not forget the 75 people that went to the mountain to meet God, including Moses, gave a “stone” related description. Now, come to the book of Revelation for John's description given after his revelation.

After these things I looked, and behold, a door standing open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard was like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, “Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this.”

Immediately I was in the Spirit; and behold, a throne set in heaven, and One sat on the throne.

And He who sat there was like a jasper and a sardius stone in appearance; and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.
Revelation 4:1-3

Notably, the description of the physical appearance of God given by John after he saw the vision was almost the same as the one given by the 75 people who saw his feet, thousands of years apart.

John said he looked like a Jasper and Sardius stone while the 75 people said under his feet looked like Sapphire stone. Conclusively, God physical appearance looks more or less like stone.

At this point, some other Bible scholars, even some Bible students, can take it up from here. How can you say our God looks like stone? Mind you, i didn’t say so; the people who saw him in the Bible did.

Before you start defending God with unending verses, read below what Jesus called himself in Matthew 21.

Jesus said to them, “Have you never read in the Scriptures: ‘The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone. This was the Lord’s doing, And it is marvelous in our eyes’?... And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder.”
Matthew 21:42-44

In that verse 42 and 44, Jesus referred to himself as a stone. He was not literally, as many think, comparing himself to a stone.

How did I know?

From the report of Moses, Aaron, Hur, 70 elders, Nadab, Abihu and John, you can, then, conclude Jesus was simply referring to his spiritual body appearance when he called himself a stone… “this is hard saying who can hear it?”

In case you are still indifferent and not fully convinced, here, below, was what the closest disciple to Jesus said about him…

Coming to Him as to a living stone, rejected indeed by men, but chosen by God and precious
1 Peter 2:4

Peter, also, called him a stone, this time around a living stone.

In fact, from the acts of the Almighty God from his dispensation to this Holy spirit dispensation, he has proven to show his great affinity for stone. He wrote the first commandment ever given to man on two tablet of stone. When he wanted unborn generations to know about the crossing of river Jordan, he told Joshua to give 12 stones each to 12 different people….stone again.

Furthermore, when Prophet Samuel wanted to show how far God has helped them, he used nothing else but stone which he called Ebenezer. King Solomon used only stones to build the first temple for God. Let me not even write about God always coming down on Rock in the old testament days and Jesus being a rock of ages or naming his closest disciples Cephas which means stone.

As if all that are not enough, the new Jerusalem that will come from heaven will have 12 foundations, purely made of 12 different stones: (Revelation 21:19-20).

1. Jasper

2. Sapphire

3. Chalcedony

4. Emerald

5. Sardonyx

6. Sardius

7. Chrysolite,

8. Beryl

9. Topaz

10. Chrysoprase

11. Jacinth

12. Amethyst.

Moreover, Jesus will give all saints white stones on which their new names will be written. To undermine it all, Devil, Lucifer of old was made with precious stones, as well. Talk of diamond, emerald and others are mixed up to create the spiritual body of the Devil as stated by Prophet Ezekiel in Ezekiel 28:13.

Convincingly, there is more to stone than anyone knows.

http://www.beanblog.com.ng/2022/08/what-does-god-really-look-like.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by olayiwola4u(m): 9:08am On Aug 21, 2022
Amazing...hmmnnn.
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by Nobody: 9:12am On Aug 21, 2022
There is no evidence showing that God has ever appeared to anyone, but there certainly are many claims made by religions about their particular gods or God appearing in the past.

I think God only ever reveals himself in story books, art, and movies, because he is a figment of our imagination.
Each religion with it's own concept of god.

3 Likes

Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by olayiwola4u(m): 2:05pm On Aug 21, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:
There is no evidence showing that God has ever appeared to anyone, but there certainly are many claims made by religions about their particular gods or God appearing in the past.

I think God only ever reveals himself in story books, art, and movies, because he is a figment of our imagination.
Each religion with it's own concept of god.

Sir, does that mean nobody has seen God in your own religion?
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Aug 21, 2022
olayiwola4u:

Sir, does that mean nobody has seen God in your own religion?
How can you see something whose existence can't be proved?
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by olayiwola4u(m): 4:45pm On Aug 21, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

Let me know your religion so that i can prove his existence for you from the vantage of your religion tenet.
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 21, 2022
olayiwola4u:

Let me know your religion so that i can prove his existence for you from the vantage of your religion tenet.
I don't practice a religion.
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by GodWrites: 7:05pm On Aug 21, 2022
If all you can do is quote and not think, you live your life in a prison of the mind.

I am a God.

The very fabric of the world, and the collective consciousness of all there is.

A timeless entity, experience this physical plane through this water spacesuit called body.

I am God. A walking consciousness.

I spend majority of my hours in the astral plane, and i travel to different dimensions and planes, and I meet different entities every day.

My journey began when I accidentally lucid dream, and ever since then, my reality has been my making.

I am a creator with a mind, and I can manifest anything to reality. I do not die. Because without me reality doesn't exist.

I have met the avatars of Jesus, Buddha, Zeus, Enki, Allah, and a few gods my indigenous people worshipped, Amadioha.

The more I discover about myself, the more i realise how much i don't know about my existence and reality.

However, I am in no rush. I have infiniti.
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by olayiwola4u(m): 7:13pm On Aug 21, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

I don't practice a religion.

Then, what do you practice?
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Aug 21, 2022
olayiwola4u:

Then, what do you practice?
What do you mean by that?
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by olayiwola4u(m): 7:17pm On Aug 21, 2022
GodWrites:
If all you can do is quote and not think, you live your life in a prison of the mind.

I am a God.

The very fabric of the world, and the collective consciousness of all there is.

A timeless entity, experience this physical plane through this water spacesuit called body.

I am God. A walking consciousness.

I spend majority of my hours in the astral plane, and i travel to different dimensions and planes, and I meet different entities every day.

My journey began when I accidentally lucid dream, and ever since then, my reality has been my making.

I am a creator with a mind, and I can manifest anything to reality. I do not die. Because without me reality doesn't exist.

I have met the avatars of Jesus, Buddha, Zeus, Enki, Allah, and a few gods my indigenous people worshipped, Amadioha.

The more I discover about myself, the more i realise how much i don't know about my existence and reality.

However, I am in no rush. I have infiniti.

Your write-up started well but ended bad as it leaves God out of the equation.
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by olayiwola4u(m): 7:22pm On Aug 21, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

What do you mean by that?

If you are an atheist like Seun Osewa, just come straight rather than beating about the bush sir.
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:05pm On Aug 21, 2022
The problem here is inaccurate knowledge of God's word!

God doesn't show Himself to anyone who just demanded to see Him rather He picks certain individuals due to the quality in them.
This is the quality that their contemporaries would have been noticing too before God calls them and gave them a message to pass to the others. In Bible times God appeared to certain individuals like Noah, Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Moses and many more. But a careful observation will help you know that there is a lineage that God only deals with DIRECTLY not just anybody from any nation! John 4:22

So the description of God's appearance is not necessary rather what all humans need is His qualities and how we can all benefit maximally from thorough meditation on His attributes! smiley

2 Likes

Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by GodWrites: 8:31am On Aug 22, 2022
olayiwola4u:

Your write-up started well but ended bad as it leaves God out of the equation.

You are a gullible 3D entity who still worship a mere avatar, Jesus.

Without actually grasping what the avatar represent. I have met with Jesus, Buddha, Zeus, Yahweh, and they always chuckle when i talk about earthlings like you that worship them.

I am God. My purpose is to transcend, not worship another God.
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by AllenforGOD(m): 1:49pm On Aug 22, 2022
Mufakirnaqdiun:

bro just analyse your perspective

1 Like

Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by olayiwola4u(m): 4:10am On Aug 23, 2022
GodWrites:

You are a gullible 3D entity who still worship a mere avatar, Jesus.

Without actually grasping what the avatar represent. I have met with Jesus, Buddha, Zeus, Yahweh, and they always chuckle when i talk about earthlings like you that worship them.

I am God. My purpose is to transcend, not worship another God.

Ooohhh ...I see
Re: What Does God Really Look Like? by olayiwola4u(m): 4:11am On Aug 23, 2022
AllenforGOD:
bro just analyse your perspective

God bless you sir...I couldn't have asked better.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Finds Out That Jesus Christ & King Solomon Are Black Men / The Spiritual Danger Of Sleep / Video OF Little Girl Going Under Spiritual Influence Goes Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.