Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,524 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams (859 Views)

Ganduje Emerges 'Best Governor In 100 Days In Office' By ADAN / Edo Emerges 3rd, Beats 33 Others In Africa Report ‘state Of States’ Ranking / Edo Emerges 3rd, Beats 33 Others In Africa Report ‘State of States’ Ranking (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by AmehTsaev: 11:15am On Aug 21, 2022
Edo Emerges Best State in 2021 WAEC Exams

Edo State has emerged the best state in the 2021 diet of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) examinations, recording 92.8 percent pass rate among students who sat for the examination in the state.

The state also came second in the ranking of the pass rate among public schools who wrote the examination across Nigeria in 2021.

This was contained in a recent data released by WAEC and the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) published by data firm, Statisense on its Twitter handle.

According to the data, Edo came first in the national tally with 92.8 percent of students passing the exams with five credits, including English and Mathematics.

The data ranked Enugu State second with 92.7 percent; Anambra third with 92.2 percent; Benue State fourth with 91.5 percent; Ebonyi fifth with 90.5 percent and Cross River State sixth with 90.2 percent.

In the ranking of the performance of public schools which presented candidates for the exam, Enugu State came first with 93.9 percent; Edo second with 93.5 percent; Benue third with 91.7 percent; Ebonyi fourth with 91.3 percent, while Anambra fifth with 91.3 percent.

The administration of Governor Godwin Obaseki had implemented far-reaching reforms across the education ecosystem, beginning with the basic education sector.

The reforms are percolating to the other aspects of the state’s education space, with a number of the teachers in public schools in the state receiving national awards for their devotion to service and innovation in the classroom.

The governor was awarded the NUT Governor of Year by the Nigerian Union of Teachers in 2019 in recognition of his multifaceted reforms and initiatives in the state’s education sector.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/08/21/edo-emerges-best-state-in-2021-waec-exams/amp/
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by FirstSon01: 11:17am On Aug 21, 2022
Edo amaka!

One day, Obaseki will claim credit for this and run for president and deluded people will say he took Edo to the top educationally.

PresidObi:

Of course he did.

Do you think Nigerians will forget that it was in an APC government which Tinubu supported with all his might that thousands of innocent civilians were killed, and chased out of their homes in the north?

Same way Nigeria will remember APC for insecurity.

Nnamdi from Anambra wants to tell me about my own governor. grin

Edo indigenes are naturally smart and have never left top ten in WAEC ratings irrespective of the governor.

Obaseki that shut down almost all the colleges of education and health down??
That almost ran AAU down too??

Don't go to Edo state and mention Obaseki in the same sentence with education please, they'll speak language to you.

kettykin:
Something about PDP run States i still can't explain their academic dominance and excellence

Education is a paramount PDP ideology, the only time this country ever saw forward movement since after 1966 was in this fourth republic during PDP reign.

The one time Nigerians removed the PDP they saw what happened, and that's why we have to reinstate the party back to power.

The PDP doesn't deal with mediocres
Seyi Makinde
Nyesom Wike
Emmanuel Udom
Rotimi Amaechi.

You can see what they all did as PDP governors, no one comes close.

2 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by Faber(m): 11:18am On Aug 21, 2022
Gooood

Since they rejected APC, good things have been happening in Edo State, the state is peaceful, My area way no dey get light under APC dey get light now.

Since yesterday night up till now, light still dey, na the light made me I no go church sef

2 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by PresidObi: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2022
FirstSon01:
One day, Obaseki will claim credit for this and run for president and deluded people will say he took Edo to the top educationally.

Of course he did.

Do you think Nigerians will forget that it was in an APC government which Tinubu supported with all his might that thousands of innocent civilians were killed, and chased out of their homes in the north?

Same way Nigeria will remember APC for insecurity.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by Faber(m): 11:20am On Aug 21, 2022
FirstSon01:

Edo No be Lagos
Nigeria No be Lagos
Aso Rock is not for Grandpa them,

Get a life if you want o. Or remain a zombie my man grin

6 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by Millimann: 11:20am On Aug 21, 2022
Why won't Edo come first? A state that is highly Obidient. That's how you know a state whose indigenes reason well.

If you check well, you'll see that the top five States in both categories are highly Obidient states.

6 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by Jostoman: 11:21am On Aug 21, 2022
That means Obaseki is doing well in education.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by FirstSon01: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2022
Faber:

Edo No be Lagos
Nigeria No be Lagos
Aso Rock is not for Grandpa them,

Get a life if you want o. Or remain a zombie my man grin

Are you high??
What has what I said got to do with agbado Lord??

Faber:

Yes am high you think say na only you dey high..you dey sniff Tinubu's poo dey get high. Me my source of highness is soft creamy toto way I banged till day break.

Once again
Edo No be Lagos
Nigeria No be Lagos

Vote wisely
DontSellYourVote
VoteLP

I can now confirm that they feed you people meth in that camp. See how he's even talking like someone that just escaped yabaleft.

I'm not and will never be a Batian but once you people see anyone with a contrary opinion to yours, your black and white brain which only processes things in binary (one way) automatically believes they're a Tinubu supporter.
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by Faber(m): 11:26am On Aug 21, 2022
FirstSon01:

Are you high??
What has what I said got to do with agbado Lord??

Yes am high you think say na only you dey high..you dey sniff Tinubu's poo dey get high. Me my source of highness is soft creamy toto way I banged till day break.

Once again
Edo No be Lagos
Nigeria No be Lagos

Vote wisely
DontSellYourVote
VoteLP

3 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by PresidObi: 11:29am On Aug 21, 2022
FirstSon01:

Nnamdi from Anambra wants to tell me about my own governor. grin

Edo indigenes are naturally smart and have never left top ten in WAEC ratings irrespective of the governor.

Obaseki that shut down almost all the colleges of education and health down??
That almost ran AAU down too??

Don't go to Edo state and mention Obaseki in the same sentence with education please, they'll speak language to you.

Sorry, everything good or bad that happens in an administration should be credited to the serving government.

Period.

4 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by FirstSon01: 11:31am On Aug 21, 2022
PresidObi:

Sorry, everything good or bad that happens in an administration should be credited to the serving government.

Period.

So a governor that is stifling education in the state should be given the glory for the educational exploits of the citizens??

So by your analogy, Buhari should be praised for Tobi Amusan's exploits even when he has done nothing as regards youth and sports??

This thought process is amusing.

So I should applaud Obaseki, when the high school students in the state do well in WAEC in the countless miracle centres here, when he is infact an antagonist to educational growth in the state??
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by PresidObi: 11:35am On Aug 21, 2022
FirstSon01:

So a governor that is stifling education in the state should be given the glory for the educational exploits of the citizens??

So by your analogy, Buhari should be praised for Tobi Amusan's exploits even when he has done nothing as regards youth and sports??

This thought process is amusing.

So I should applaud Obaseki, when the high school students in the state do well in WAEC in the countless miracle centres here, when he is infact an antagonist to educational growth in the state??

Every good thing that happens under a government is a credit to the leader. Stop twisting things. Peter Obi took positive steps in education and Anambra schools started toppling in national exams. It's not by juju.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by FirstSon01: 11:36am On Aug 21, 2022
PresidObi:

Every good thing that happens under a government is a credit to the leader. Stop twisting things. Peter Obi took positive steps in education and Anambra schools started toppling in national exams. It's not by juju.

How does this relate to Peter Obi??

I'm talking about my state governor you're telling me about yours. I mentioned facts and you're telling me I'm twisting things??

Pray tell me, what steps Obaseki took that made Edo excel exceptionally??
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by FirstSon01: 11:41am On Aug 21, 2022
PresidObi:

By this analogy, Buhari should be given credit for many things.

Second Niger bridge
Railway project
Tobi Amusan's exploits at the Olympics
Increased electricity, one OBIDIENT up there also testified to it.
Nigerians now make more money, even though the money is useless.
More billionaires are coming out of Africa
We have more Fintech/tech startups
Nigerian talent is been searched for everywhere

So when are you giving Buhari the credit for these since according to your analogy he deserves it??
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by PresidObi: 11:42am On Aug 21, 2022
FirstSon01:

By this analogy, Buhari should be given credit for many things.

Second Niger bridge
Railway project
Tobi Amusan's exploits at the Olympics
Increased electricity, one OBIDIENT up there also testified to it.
Nigerians now make more money, even though the money is useless.
More billionaires are coming out of Africa
We have more Fintech/tech startups
Nigerian talent is been searched for everywhere

So when are you giving Buhari the credit for these since according to your analogy he deserves it??

What do you think?

Second Niger bridge is not nearing completion soon.

1 Like

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by FirstSon01: 11:45am On Aug 21, 2022
PresidObi:

What do you think?

Second Niger bridge is not nearing completion soon.

They're already coating SNB with asphalt, hopefully by Nov/Dec we'll all driva across it.

Good, now continue hyping the failure Buhari for the little good things that happened in his tenure as a result of the citizens efforts even though he had nothing to do with it.

Keep it up PresidObi.
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by Jacksoncoke(m): 11:45am On Aug 21, 2022
That's good. I hope the state government invests heavily in Education as time progresses
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by FirstSon01: 11:46am On Aug 21, 2022
Jacksoncoke:
That's good. I hope the state government invests heavily in Education as time progresses

Me too, he's trying but most of his actions are all politically motivated to either reward or to punish stakeholders. Students/tutors welfare is not paramount to him.

1 Like

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by PresidObi: 11:47am On Aug 21, 2022
FirstSon01:

They're already coating SNB with asphalt, hopefully by Nov/Dec we'll all driva across it.

Good, now continue hyping the failure Buhari for the little good things that happened in his tenure as a result of the citizens efforts even though he had nothing to do with it.

Keep it up PresidObi.

Tell me any good thing that have happened to Nigerians since 2015? Or are you hoping on good things not seen like the second Niger bridge that you said December. Let's keep waiting.

1 Like

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by FirstSon01: 11:49am On Aug 21, 2022
PresidObi:

Tell me any good thing that have happened to Nigerians since 2015? Or are you hoping on good things not seen like the second Niger bridge that you said December. Let's keep waiting.

I mentioned some up there, go and give him credit for those ones.
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by kettykin: 11:50am On Aug 21, 2022
Something about PDP run States i still can't explain their academic dominance and excellence

2 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by Jacksoncoke(m): 11:50am On Aug 21, 2022
FirstSon01:

Me too, he's trying but most of his actions are all politically motivated to either reward or to punish stakeholders. Students/tutors welfare is not paramount to him.

Are u from there sir?

2 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by PresidObi: 11:52am On Aug 21, 2022
FirstSon01:

I mentioned some up there, go and give him credit for those ones.

Increase in electricity, or electricity tariff? grin

Nigerians making morenuseless money? Are you trying to ridicule APC?

1 Like

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by Naijabad: 11:53am On Aug 21, 2022
AmehTsaev:
Edo Emerges Best State in 2021 WAEC Exams

Edo State has emerged the best state in the 2021 diet of the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) examinations, recording 92.8 percent pass rate among students who sat for the examination in the state.

The state also came second in the ranking of the pass rate among public schools who wrote the examination across Nigeria in 2021.

This was contained in a recent data released by WAEC and the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) published by data firm, Statisense on its Twitter handle.

According to the data, Edo came first in the national tally with 92.8 percent of students passing the exams with five credits, including English and Mathematics.

The data ranked Enugu State second with 92.7 percent; Anambra third with 92.2 percent; Benue State fourth with 91.5 percent; Ebonyi fifth with 90.5 percent and Cross River State sixth with 90.2 percent.

In the ranking of the performance of public schools which presented candidates for the exam, Enugu State came first with 93.9 percent; Edo second with 93.5 percent; Benue third with 91.7 percent; Ebonyi fourth with 91.3 percent, while Anambra fifth with 91.3 percent.

The administration of Governor Godwin Obaseki had implemented far-reaching reforms across the education ecosystem, beginning with the basic education sector.

The reforms are percolating to the other aspects of the state’s education space, with a number of the teachers in public schools in the state receiving national awards for their devotion to service and innovation in the classroom.

The governor was awarded the NUT Governor of Year by the Nigerian Union of Teachers in 2019 in recognition of his multifaceted reforms and initiatives in the state’s education sector.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2022/08/21/edo-emerges-best-state-in-2021-waec-exams/amp/

So no south west state made it to first 6. Good to know.

1 Like

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by PresidObi: 11:54am On Aug 21, 2022
Naijabad:

So no south west state made it to first 6. Good to know.
I don't want to believe it has anything to do with the enthronememt of some NURTW like structures across south west states. This makes the younger ones look at touting as a better option than going to school or academic excellence.

Some people even blamed Tinubu for this style of life. Some kids may be copying him because he doesn't have his primary and secondary education records, not knowing that's the wrong way to go.

3 Likes

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by FirstSon01: 11:57am On Aug 21, 2022
Jacksoncoke:

Are u from there sir?

Yes sir. Proudly Edo from the Niger Delta.
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by FirstSon01: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2022
PresidObi:

Increase in electricity, or electricity tariff? grin

Nigerians making morenuseless money? Are you trying to ridicule APC?

I don't care about APC, they're a rubbish party since inception till now.
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by M4A1carbine: 12:01pm On Aug 21, 2022
Do you guys notice that the "sophisticated Moorons" are not on the list?

1 Like

Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by rtdCivilservant: 12:38pm On Aug 21, 2022
I thought WAEC has debunked this news?
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by OfoIgbo: 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2022
The constant sit-at-homes being enforced by some criminals is obviously taking its toll in SE education.

Previously up to 3 core Igbo states will be in the top 5, and most of the Igbo states which includes Delta and Rivers states will be in the top 10
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by BloomingDale(f): 12:51pm On Aug 21, 2022
Benue? Wetin dem know?
Re: Edo Emerges Best State In 2021 WAEC Exams by Jacksoncoke(m): 4:10pm On Aug 21, 2022
FirstSon01:

Yes sir. Proudly Edo from the Niger Delta.
Wow

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is The Ovation Loudest Wherever Peter Obi Appears? By Fashe Olakunle / Wike Goes Dirty On Atiku Reveal Secrets Of Their Discussion (video) / Security Officers Shoot Peter Obi Supporters In Ebonyi State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.