Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,730 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me (2332 Views)

My Marriage Has Finally Crashed! / My Wife's Elder Sister Has Finally Settled In My Home & I Don't Know What To Do / My Marriage Has Finally Ended (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by edoman2016: 8:12pm On Aug 21, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
Lamentations. grin
what is lamentations about it? If the OP were to be your brother, wouldn't you lament to him to stop gambling? Gambling is a serious issues.It ruins life.
Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:15pm On Aug 21, 2022
edoman2016:
what is lamentations about it? If the OP were to be your brother, wouldn't you lament to him to stop gambling? Gambling is a serious issues.It ruins life.

It doesn't. If ONLY you bet responsibly. grin

Gambling is a poverty alleviation scheme. cheesy
Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by edoman2016: 8:27pm On Aug 21, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

It doesn't. If ONLY you bet responsibly. grin

Gambling is a poverty alleviation scheme. cheesy
There is nothing like bet responsibly or bet with what you can afford to lost. It is nonsense talk cause nobody wants to be a loser.

Check the nairalander below who.lost over 10 million naira https://www.nairaland.com/7248428/celebrating-40-days-without-gambling

You can check childofdoom username on nairaland on his bet addiction too

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:31pm On Aug 21, 2022
edoman2016:

There is nothing like bet responsibly or bet with what you can afford to lost. It is nonsense talk cause nobody wants to be a loser.

Check the nairalander below who.lost over 10 million naira https://www.nairaland.com/7248428/celebrating-40-days-without-gambling

Story story. I repeat, bet responsibly. Anyways, story for those who are addicted. Not my business. grin
Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by tiwaz(m): 8:42pm On Aug 21, 2022
From June 2021 to May 2022 i lost lots of money in sports betting and I have officially called it a quit. I have stopped gambling but it wasn't easy for me to quit. Gambling is very addictive, it's just like an addiction to alcohol and smoking.

Here's how I stopped playing sports betting.

First, I remove all sports betting apps on my phone.

Secondly, I deleted all my betting accounts, at that time I have accounts in almost all Nigerian betting companies.

Here's how to delete your accounts in all betting companies.

For Betking you have to contact them through their contact. You will be asked to send an email telling them why you want to delete your account. Once you send them the email alongside your national ID Card, your account will be deleted asap.

In BetNaija, and Sportsbet there's what they call self-exclusion. Self-Exclusion option that allows players to temporarily close their account for a specified period. During this period, players will not be able to bet or play games, although players can still log in to withdraw any remaining balance. In my own, i did the self-exclusion till 2050.

Please stop chasing your shadows, you can never recover the money lost in Gambling. Stopping betting is something you have to take strong decisions on.

4 Likes

Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by Vision101(m): 1:30am On Aug 22, 2022
Every gambler knows the secret to surviving. To stop addiction get addicted to a positive thing. Reading your Bible, writing etc.
Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by AutoChick4U(f): 2:24am On Aug 22, 2022
Mindlog:
And some Nairalanders were guilt tripping the pregnant woman who got herself a separate accomodation, away from her husband who is a pathological gambler.

She did so cause d guy dey lose like fool. Abi shey me bayo wife, Banks gf, spiritual gf or Talented gf go leave because they gamble? Na people wey dey lose anyhow dey make the thing annoying

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by AutoChick4U(f): 2:25am On Aug 22, 2022
edoman2016:

Most of them bet on virtual. They should use their brains and observe and analyse

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by eteebanky1: 4:58am On Aug 22, 2022
What do you want nairalanders to do now,

Betting will ruin you, Una no dy here....see your life now, deal with it
Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by emmaodet: 7:24am On Aug 22, 2022
Acidosis:

The only cure to gambling is more gambling, bro. You have to keep gambling until you're completely finished. You will change wen bodi tell you!

grin

1 Like

Re: Gambling Has Finally Ruined Me by borngeologist(m): 7:31am On Aug 22, 2022
borngeologist:
Am lost..am depressed..i just want to end it..so that i can rest from all this..gambling has made me lost everything..owing l credit170k palmpay 50k..okash 30k.. I dont even have #50.in my account..i dont even know what to do. I just wish thier is glimpse of hope for me in this world ..i have fought this addiction.but it really ruined me..nothing i can do anymore..i just wish i could stop ..i want to stop i really want to stop
i just pray i would be able to get out of this ..am very close to giving up ..lest i forget i borrowed 300k from my company earlier last month just to pay debt..just entering from one debt to another..i need help

(1) (2) (Reply)

Different Kinds Of Nigerian Husbands And Wives / Must Read True Story, I Cried Alot After Reading This. / Help! My Son Stomach Got Bigger Suddenly Immediately After His Recovery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.