Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,367 members, 7,819,317 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:19 PM

ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut (26827 Views)

ASUU Strike: FG Commences Payment Of Minimum Wage To Lecturers / ASUU Strike: FG Resumes Negotiation Today / ASUU Strike: FG Withdraws `No Work No Pay’ Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by otomatic(m): 8:47pm On Aug 21, 2022
FG wan try divide and rule tactics on the union so that they will start fighting among themselves.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by moodyguy: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2022
OnionBandit:
use your brain naw..can't you see that the number of years in their tenures are different? Do the maths again and see how your Jonathan has the worst regime if ASUU strike was the basis according to your foolish post
GEJ was 5yrs...while your Sai Baba is 7yrs and counting
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by godliman: 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
OnionBandit:
use your brain naw..can't you see that the number of years in their tenures are different? Do the maths again and see how your Jonathan has the worst regime if ASUU strike was the basis according to your foolish post
Which maths are you talking about, divide the strike weeks by no. Of years and the will discover that GEJ at his rate would have had 71 weeks plus strike at his seventh year while at the same period Buhari has recorded 80 week plus.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by kwasoly(m): 8:53pm On Aug 21, 2022
caylakays:
This ASUU dey greedy, they wan earn via all these months they no teach... Na wa oo

Before nko na them tell FG not to do the needful?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by emmyrate1(m): 8:58pm On Aug 21, 2022
hedonido:
Nonsense. Nigerian public university lecturers are overrated. I know this because I know this. Bunch of redundant, smug, unnecessarily arrogant idiots. I hate Buhari more than anyone else but you see this ASUU, they are absolute smelly fecal matter.

The way ASUU has held the country to ransom over the years is just a sad comedy. They overrate their importance and think that because one corrupt, depraved animal is a 'Dr' or Professor of shit, then he deserves to earn more than an oil industry executive. We're talking about someone whose actual academic/intellectual/innovative output is almost zero. There's nothing they can teach you now that you wouldn't easily find on Google or YouTube. There's nothing that comes out of their useless 'research'. Give one of them a N1b grant to do research in their field, and watch how they would spend it on the usual Naija levels... Acquiring property, cars, investing in private business, and then forming made man.

The country is just a joke. ASUU my foot.

you are saying nonsense, is only in Africa or Nigeria to be precise they pay lecturers penny.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by yemmit90: 9:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
PresidObi:
The FG wont even care if school is closed indefinitely. This current FG has proven to be anti educational. They would have solved this imbroglio if they wanted to, but with an education minister fighting the institutions like a civil war, let's see how soon school will restart.

Peter Obi will increase the education budget when he has closed all these corrupt loopholes like fuel subsidy and arms racketeering.

Our children will be back to school for the long term.

Vote for Peter Obi and Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed.

Please don't use politics to judge issue between government and ASUU. This same union has been going on strike from time immemorial. I could remember I wasted almost 2 years to their incessant industrial actions back then.

Obi won't stop ASUU from doing what they know best to do, and besides, are you Obi, his spoke man or how do you know he would increase education budget?

Let all candidates release their manifestos first and see the one suit the country at this trying period.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Agugbadin: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2022
Dvdpity:
APC is simply..HORROR.

NIGHTMARE indeed
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by moodyguy: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2022
godliman:

Which maths are you talking about, divide the strike weeks by no. Of years and the will discover that GEJ at his rate would have had 71 weeks plus strike at his seventh year while at the same period Buhari has recorded 80 week plus.
Leave the guy..... na olodo.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by hedonido: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2022
alabo1:

You are very silly. You don't know what it means to get a PHD that's why. Your language is rude and unbecoming. I don't know the institution you attended but trust me we have some of the best minds in Academia in Africa despite our limitations. Go, your sins are forgiven

Shut up and get out, you fool. I know you more than you know yourself.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by BigIyanga: 9:08pm On Aug 21, 2022
hedonido:
Nonsense. Nigerian public university lecturers are overrated. I know this because I know this. Bunch of redundant, smug, unnecessarily arrogant idiots. I hate Buhari more than anyone else but you see this ASUU, they are absolute smelly fecal matter.

The way ASUU has held the country to ransom over the years is just a sad comedy. They overrate their importance and think that because one corrupt, depraved animal is a 'Dr' or Professor of shit, then he deserves to earn more than an oil industry executive. We're talking about someone whose actual academic/intellectual/innovative output is almost zero. There's nothing they can teach you now that you wouldn't easily find on Google or YouTube. There's nothing that comes out of their useless 'research'. Give one of them a N1b grant to do research in their field, and watch how they would spend it on the usual Naija levels... Acquiring property, cars, investing in private business, and then forming made man.

Anti-education post. Go and learn law, medicine, aviation, engineering, nursing, pharmacy on Google university.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by OnionBandit(f): 9:09pm On Aug 21, 2022
moodyguy:
GEJ was 5yrs...while your Sai Baba is 7yrs and counting
do the maths based on Baba's 5yrs in office..5/8 * 80..this will give you 50.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Mayo4real12345: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2022
dre11:
Senior profs to earn N9m yearly, junior lecturers get N90,000 monthly

https://punchng.com/ASUU-strike-fgs-proposal-may-lead-to-lecturers-pay-cut/?amp

What a fucking ?? Bullcrap
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Ray02: 9:16pm On Aug 21, 2022
okedoyinolabisi:

But they can use 1.4 billion to cut grasses, and buy vehicles for Nigérien govt?
I just dey laugh this people talking about eduaction privatisation as if the countries they wanted to copy outrightly privatise their schools. Is it China? India? #Ghana? Or even UK?
Because they converted their currency (which lacks value) to the currency of these countries, they will be shouting "education is expensive everywhere ". Lol

Why China or Ghana not increase their school fees to 400k - 1m of their local currencies?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Ray02: 9:17pm On Aug 21, 2022
Next thing will hear from these people will be "road is not cheap anywhere"
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Jonegonu: 9:29pm On Aug 21, 2022
I don't no why every one here is just pointing fingers on the federal government. Because universities is run by the government, any body can wake up one morning and start demanding any thing and you guys will expect the government to accept it.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Giraffe14: 9:34pm On Aug 21, 2022
Moh247:
God bless Abacha.... Buhari is a failed project

It seems you weren't old enough then. Abacha did more than this. Disbanded ASUU, Used force paid 10,000 as salary just to intimidate lecturers still ASUU didn't bulge. No amount of force will solve this issue. Ask your father or elder brothers who were old enough then.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Onucs(m): 9:50pm On Aug 21, 2022
PresidObi:
The FG wont even care if school is closed indefinitely. This current FG has proven to be anti educational. They would have solved this imbroglio if they wanted to, but with an education minister fighting the institutions like a civil war, let's see how soon school will restart.

Peter Obi will increase the education budget when he has closed all these corrupt loopholes like fuel subsidy and arms racketeering.

Our children will be back to school for the long term.

Vote for Peter Obi and Yusuf Datti Baba Ahmed.

It seems you forgot to read the part where it was written that this administration has invested more into education than any other administration before it.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by PresidObi: 9:55pm On Aug 21, 2022
Onucs:

It seems you forgot to read the part where it was written that this administration has invested more into education than any other administration before it.

Where is it showing apart from in their bank accounts?
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Staphylococcus: 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2022
okedoyinolabisi:

But they can use 1.4 billion to cut grasses, and buy vehicles for Nigérien govt?

What will 1.4 billion donor invested into tertiary education?

100 billion cannot revive our university. It’s decayed past what you imagine!
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Ivimmanuel: 10:20pm On Aug 21, 2022
I can see that ASUU will go on strike even under a best performing government is, this Osadeke is and his members are terrorists holding students hostage

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Nobody: 10:21pm On Aug 21, 2022
OnionBandit:
grin grin

Pained m0r0n. This fool doesn't even know whats going on. As an employer, if your employees choose to go on strike for 6months to protest against poor welfare or whatever, and they insist you pay them for the 6 months which they didn't work, would you have paid them because students will miss a session? As an employer, will you let your employees dictate to you how to run your company? You are a complete dunce. Most of you are just plain stewpid
How will I blame a typical illiterate. It doesn’t make any sense to teach you as you are a daft.

Let see whether the fed govt won’t pay ASUU.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by moodyguy: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2022
OnionBandit:
do the maths based on Baba's 5yrs in office..5/8 * 80..this will give you 50.
Why didnt Baba curb the strike under 5yrs?.We are not looking at the years but the tenure of each regime
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by OWENMAYA: 10:31pm On Aug 21, 2022
The Nigerians need to act. We are tired of today this tomorrow that
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by OnionBandit(f): 10:37pm On Aug 21, 2022
moodyguy:
Why didnt Baba curb the strike under 5yrs?.We are not looking at the years but the tenure of each regime
bro, nobody can "curb" ASUU strike. It is only if that body is disbanded or schools opt out of it..can't you see it? You have been going on strike for decades and no result..why not look for another way out, instead of wasting the time of students?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by sade38436: 10:51pm On Aug 21, 2022
Can the strike be called of please?Can the strike be called of please?...
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Healthyyy1: 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2022
OnionBandit:
grin grin

Pained m0r0n. This fool doesn't even know whats going on. As an employer, if your employees choose to go on strike for 6months to protest against poor welfare or whatever, and they insist you pay them for the 6 months which they didn't work, would you have paid them because students will miss a session? As an employer, will you let your employees dictate to you how to run your company? You are a complete dunce. Most of you are just plain stewpid

100% on point

You suppose collect award

1 Like

Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:03am On Aug 22, 2022
kushma:
If they do that school fees and others will topple up for sure affecting many students who can’t afford it that’s why they didn’t go for the private schools.

If I'm not mistaken, some state universities already pay over 100k as tuition.
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Yampotatocarrot(m): 12:08am On Aug 22, 2022
otomatic:
FG wan try divide and rule tactics on the union so that they will start fighting among themselves.

Exactly. I believe SSANU and NASU ended their stroke because government "PROMISED" to attend to them.

No be the same "PROMISE" got us to this point. SSANU and NASU executives are not that wise if they believed the government. They for just hold on and get what they want... Instead of this, "We give the government two months"

It looks more stupid if they go on another strike in two months...
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Wilson500: 1:00am On Aug 22, 2022
Please somebody should tell ASUU president to stop coming on TV to lament about how government did this or that
Nigerians are fed up with his bullshit
Nobody gives a f**k any longer
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by Flamethehussler: 1:07am On Aug 22, 2022
hedonido:

I swr bro
They're all bunch of greedy idiots
I wish FG will sack them
Re: ASUU Strike: FG’S Proposal May Lead To Lecturers’ Pay Cut by ddeola: 2:09am On Aug 22, 2022
BAD LEADERS have no respect for education sector, they only steal and never stop stealing. This regime has FAILED everybody including themselves. sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Is This The Highest Score So Far At The Ongoing Jamb?… Checkout This Jamb Score / Momodu Sanusi Jimah Is Dead: Auchi Polytechnic Rector Dies / Ejikeme Mmesoma’s Result Is Fake! Nothing To Investigate- Olabisi Deji-Folutile

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.