Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,933 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man (54897 Views)

Can I Survive In Akwa Ibom With 1M Account Balance At 22? / Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / How I Survive On 3k Per Week In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Phraences: 7:57am On Aug 24, 2022
Kingoftime50:
what of your TITHE

The church should even pay him tithe sef not the other way round.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by greatseo(m): 7:57am On Aug 24, 2022
Bro thank you very much for this piece
I really learnt from this write up
grin grin grin
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by vexing(m): 8:09am On Aug 24, 2022
tomtomastom4:
I created this thread in response to the post on front page about ladies that date men who earn less than 100k. Below is the link.

https://www.nairaland.com/7292274/ladies-relationship-men-earns-100k

Of a truth, its not easy to manage such amount, but when one is already in such situation, you just have to manage and improvise.
Now like the OP of the above thread requested, here is the break down of how we make our expenses.

To start with, I was earning about 130k previously before we got married by March this year, but I changed job and the pay of the new job is 95k. STarted the new job around Feb this year, even though there was a loan I was paying off.. Need I add that my wife was working in a firm where shes paid 45K, but two months after our married, she quit the job due to pregnancy stress. Am sure ladies will understand.

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k
I remove 40k first from the salary and transfer it to 3 different acct.
The first acct receives 20k. This acct is not touchable except on extreme emergency. Its our main savings acct.
The second acct gets 10k and its for our rent, also non touchable. Rent is 150k per year. Before u say my rent is high compared to my salary, I like my privacy very well. and the cost of rent isnt friendly in my state.
The third acct also gets 10k. This one is for semi savings. This acct is touchable when cash at hand have been exhausted before the next month salary.

From the remaining 50k,
I send 10k to my family acct. I and my brothers do contribute 10k+ every month and its been used to run expenses WRT our parents and last born.
I gv my wife 10k for her monthly up keep. Its small. But its the sacrifice we all have to make for the good of the family.
I hold 10k myself for logistics and transport. I must confess, is not enough. But One have to strive. My wrk place isnt far. SO transport is N100 to and fro, thats approximately 3k per month. The remaining money i use it for other logistics. 4k out of this money goes for gas wch last for abt 2 weeks. And when we want to refill and there is no other money left, we fall back to the 3rd acct.
The remaining 20k is strictly for food ( On this food issue is where I "duff my hart" cos shes really managing things well and trying.
Sometimes, I really feel for her, cos this her pregnancy makes her to crave for things that is not on our food menu, but then when the money is not there, she just surpress the cravings. At times I feel bad.

The remaining 5k, for now is used to pay back a tailor who sewed multiple pregnancy gowns for my wife.

Its good to add that any small money I make like 1k or 2k on side hustle, I directly buy mudu of rice, beans or flour for swallow.

Its not easy at all. But there are families with kids leaving below that.

My wife is abt 5mnths pregnant, we plan to divert the 20k savings to buying baby things in preparation for child birth.

The truth is that the economic situation in this country is bad and so cost of leaving is very high. But then one have to survive.
But then in Nigeria now, how many percentage of the population earn above 100k. In fact how many jobs out there pays such as amount.

The only advice I have for ladies is that if you are not working and you parent family is the type need financial help from your husband after marriage, or you are the type of lady that is high class and wont settle for less or manage with your man. Plz kindly wait and take your time to look for a man that is RICH or financially capable of taken care of you and maybe your family. Please dont hide under the cover of you want to marry quick and then accept a struggling man only to start putting pressure on his head. Plz wait and marry a rich man.

Most responsible men wont really appreciate it if you are always demanding for things you knw fully well that he can not afford.

It is also good to note that no condition is permanent, things will definitely get better. A better job might come or my wife might get a job after her maternity which will increase our income.

The bottom line is, as a couple, but of you will have to work things out to improve your finances.

This your write-up just helped a brother
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by MartinsD12(m): 8:11am On Aug 24, 2022
tomtomastom4:
I created this thread in response to the post on front page about ladies that date men who earn less than 100k. Below is the link.

Of a truth, its not easy to manage such amount, but when one is already in such situation, you just have to manage and improvise.
Now like the OP of the above thread requested, here is the break down of how we make our expenses.

To start with, I was earning about 130k previously before we got married by March this year, but I changed job and the pay of the new job is 95k. STarted the new job around Feb this year, even though there was a loan I was paying off.. Need I add that my wife was working in a firm where shes paid 45K, but two months after our married, she quit the job due to pregnancy stress. Am sure ladies will understand.

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k
The first acct receives 20k. This acct is not touchable except on extreme emergency. Its our main savings acct.
The second acct gets 10k and its for our rent, also non touchable. Rent is 150k per year. Before u say my rent is high compared to my salary, I like my privacy very well. and the cost of rent isnt friendly in my state.
The third acct also gets 10k. This one is for semi savings. This acct is touchable when cash at hand have been exhausted before the next month salary.

From the remaining 50k,
I send 10k to my family acct. I and my brothers do contribute 10k+ every month and its been used to run expenses WRT our parents and last born.
I gv my wife 10k for her monthly up keep. Its small. But its the sacrifice we all have to make for the good of the family.
I hold 10k myself for logistics and transport. I must confess, is not enough. But One have to strive. My wrk place isnt far. SO transport is N100 to and fro, thats approximately 3k per month. The remaining money i use it for other logistics. 4k out of this money goes for gas wch last for abt 2 weeks. And when we want to refill and there is no other money left, we fall back to the 3rd acct.
The remaining 20k is strictly for food ( On this food issue is where I "duff my hart" cos shes really managing things well and trying.
Sometimes, I really feel for her, cos this her pregnancy makes her to crave for things that is not on our food menu, but then when the money is not there, she just surpress the cravings. At times I feel bad.

The remaining 5k, for now is used to pay back a tailor who sewed multiple pregnancy gowns for my wife.

Its good to add that any small money I make like 1k or 2k on side hustle, I directly buy mudu of rice, beans or flour for swallow.

My wife is abt 5mnths pregnant, we plan to divert the 20k savings to buying baby things in preparation for child birth.

The truth is that the economic situation in this country is bad and so cost of leaving is very high. But then one have to survive.
But then in Nigeria now, how many percentage of the population earn above 100k. In fact how many jobs out there pays such as amount.

The only advice I have for ladies is that if you are not working and you parent family is the type need financial help from your husband after marriage, or you are the type of lady that is high class and wont settle for less or manage with your man. Plz kindly wait and take your time to look for a man that is RICH or financially capable of taken care of you and maybe your family. Please dont hide under the cover of you want to marry quick and then accept a struggling man only to start putting pressure on his head. Plz wait and marry a rich man.

Most responsible men wont really appreciate it if you are always demanding for things you knw fully well that he can not afford.

It is also good to note that no condition is permanent, things will definitely get better. A better job might come or my wife might get a job after her maternity which will increase our income.

The bottom line is, as a couple, but of you will have to work things out to improve your finances.
Nice one , the present economy situation in Nigeria how many unmarried people earn 100k in Nigeria self not to talk of married couples, everything boils down to management, if you earning 100k count yourself lucky some no reach 50k self that's the reality on ground in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by mariahAngel(f): 8:17am On Aug 24, 2022
purejustice36:

There’s so much peace in minding your business dear

Did you mind your business when you told op to inform you when his wife gives birth?
Learn to take your own advice sir.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Paramount01(m): 8:20am On Aug 24, 2022
tomtomastom4:

Up North

This is a faceless forum, which sid from the North
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 8:27am On Aug 24, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:
This one na suffer head, abeg. I will rather stay single.
Don’t believe all the lie lie analysis you read here, even people can’t survive in the trenches with such meagre income. The same guys capping here are still very single because of their financial status, some even earn more but know very well not to dive into marriage. No be men again wey go talk another thing but do differently in reality.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by CrateofBeer: 8:34am On Aug 24, 2022
zed7:
This is what we call trying to survive. Hopefully ,things will improve for you guys.
However, my own issue is that you have to bring in kids when you are already struggling as it is.

Again, how do families survive on 5k a week? Is it not the same market we all go to? Nigerians are really rugged.

The thing surprise me too o. Because me as a single guy, it's almost impossible for me to spend 5k on feeding weekly. It's either people are lying on this thread or they don't eat averagely good meal. I mean a kilogram of meat is 2,500 naira, how do you buy other stuffs in the remaining 2500. Can a kilogram of meat even sustain the family for a week?

4 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by kemiwealth: 8:40am On Aug 24, 2022
Dear poster if you are a Christian try to pay ur tithe out of the money and see how God will increase you financially. Speak to God b4 each tithe payment for financial breakthrough and c God show himself in ur finance
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:41am On Aug 24, 2022
Rozross:
Don’t believe all the lie lie analysis you read here, even people can’t survive in the trenches with such meagre income. The same guys capping here are still very single because of their financial status, some even earn more but know very well not to dive into marriage. No be men again wey go talk another thing but do differently in reality.

I have been seeing "I earn 41K but have 3 children and a wife who's not working". These people won't tell you they have family that supports them asides from the salary they earn. See them gloryfing poverty.

If I want to suffer, let me do that while single. I have suffered enough. I no be virtuous woman.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by onadana: 8:41am On Aug 24, 2022
Mercury12:
Hmm men sha. All these sacrifices we made for families our reward is in heaven. These women still call men names and kids cleave to their mothers breast. They don't
even appreciate their father efforts

Bro,be rich.."legitimately."..you will be appreciated. That's the way the cookie crumbles.Poverty and lack is a curse.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by beekyynd: 8:50am On Aug 24, 2022
profnez:

Please teach me, I have been learning since last year, I have blowed my account several times but I will never give up on forex trading.

Please teach me your techniques.
Can I meet you on WhatsApp?
Sorry, I don't teach but can refer to where you'll learn. Lookup the Inner Circle Trader on YouTube. Watch his mentorship videos. The knowledge is priceless.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 8:52am On Aug 24, 2022
kemiwealth:
Dear poster if you are a Christian try to pay ur tithe out of the money and see how God will increase you financially. Speak to God b4 each tithe payment for financial breakthrough and c God show himself in ur finance

What's wrong with you Christians for crying out loud? We have a million people out there who pay tithes yet their lives are still the same. Is that the key to financial prosperity? You can see a man who pinches on a meagre salary to survive and here you are asking him to pay tithes.

Christianity is too cumbersome.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by NickD(m): 8:54am On Aug 24, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

You married a good woman. God bless her and your home.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Druss(m): 8:56am On Aug 24, 2022
May GOD bless and multiply your home. May you never lack the ability to provide for them.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by debbaron2011: 8:56am On Aug 24, 2022
Men it is high time to take stock and realised that majority of today's girls won't manage with you. Please work smart and increase your income because women's first consideration is not the fable LOVE but SECURITY and SELF PRESERVATION. It is when a man can provide this that this so-called LOVE will follow. kudos to the silent minority of women who still cherish the old way of building a relationship. as a man if you are lucky to find such woman like the OP do sincerely appreciate and take good care of them.

2 Likes

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 8:57am On Aug 24, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

I have been seeing "I earn 41K but have 3 children and a wife who's not working". These people won't tell you they have family that supports them asides from the salary they earn. See them gloryfing poverty.

If I want to suffer, let me do that while single. I have suffered enough. I no be virtuous woman.
Exactly, why join in matrimony when you know say ground never level, what do people hope to achieve with that? It’s better to remain single till the time is right. Well, some women are very strong and I applaud them on that but this chick here no get strength ooo, I’ll break down and cry every day.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Rinoxy: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2022
Deicide:
My Question is why did you think it was a good idea to get married while you were earning just 130k per month?
U're way too far from reality. Better wake up.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 8:59am On Aug 24, 2022
tomtomastom4:

I know it will come to this as I see a lot of comment complaining why my wife left her work.

My wife work in a food drug manufacturing company as a QA. The distinct drug smell of the company iritates her and makes her to throw up almost every minute.
The moment she enters the company, the throwing up starts and its already showing on her body cos shes beginning to look pale.

It was advised for her to stop.

Oh ok. Let her freelance or something so she can get extra cash to buy what she pleases and some things for the baby. Frustration and lashing out on innocent children begins when the woman doesn't have enough. Biko
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Landmack: 9:05am On Aug 24, 2022
jclassiq:

When a man has nothing else going for him na to dey fvck like rabbit nah.
They go born full house.

Sadly none of the presidential candidates have hammered on this. They don’t see it as a problem yet or what?
All of dem just dey speak plenty English on tv
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Landmack: 9:07am On Aug 24, 2022
nenyewrites:

Oh ok. Let her freelance or something so she can get extra cash to buy what she pleases and some things for the baby. Frustration and lashing out on innocent children begins when the woman doesn't have enough. Biko
And sadly that’s how we have so many emotionally unstable humans in this country. Family is one agent cool
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 9:08am On Aug 24, 2022
Landmack:

And sadly that’s how we have so many emotionally unstable humans in this country. Family is one agent cool

Exactly
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Paramount01(m): 9:17am On Aug 24, 2022
istifk:
I too earn less than 100k per month. But with that amount i take care of my wife,children and sometimes sent money to my parent and younger ones. God is always by our side.

But ur wife is working?
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Mikester: 9:28am On Aug 24, 2022
Mercury12:
Hmm men sha. All these sacrifices we made for families our reward is in heaven. These women still call men names and kids cleave to their mothers breast. They don't
even appreciate their father efforts

The exact reason why you have to give your children more attention and not just your money.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by mediclife1987(m): 9:32am On Aug 24, 2022
LikeAking:
Op u too much.

U will go very far in life.

U are also living in the right house for ur salary...

E go beta.

But 150k/year house cannot be in Lagos oh. Except na self contain hin dey stay...
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 9:32am On Aug 24, 2022
Rozross:
Exactly, why join in matrimony when you know say ground never level, what do people hope to achieve with that? It’s better to remain single till the time is right. Well, some women are very strong and I applaud them on that but this chick here no get strength ooo, I’ll break down and cry every day.

They don't want to remain single. They will tell you that you are thinking far away from reality and God will provide. After all, marriage brings blessings. Even if you want to marry on a meagre salary, why not suspend childbirth till you are financially stable?

Who told Nigerians that the purpose of marriage is having kids? They will just bring innocent children to come and suffer in this wicked world. The thought of waiting till they are financially stable is strange to them. Why wait, when they can start giving birth immediately? After all pikin go bring wetin him go chop from heaven.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by yemight345(m): 9:37am On Aug 24, 2022
beekyynd:

Don't say that because you tried an failed. Forex has given me a lot and I'm a full time Forex trader. I do programming but it's more like a thing I enjoy. From my house rent to properties in the house to expensive gadgets, Forex gave me all. I have friends who are full time traders. Because it didn't work for you that doesn't mean you should discourage another person. That's a very bad habit.
Pls boss can u give me a proper guidance.ive been a better trader but i just really need someone who will show me more
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 24, 2022
UyaiIncomparabl:

They don't want to remain single. They will tell you that you are thinking far away from reality and after all God will provide after all marriage brings blessings. Even if you want to marry on a meagre salary, why not suspend childbirth till you are financially stable?

Who told Nigerians that the purpose of marriage is having kids? They will just bring innocent children to come and suffer in this wicked world. The thought of waiting till they are financially stable is strange to them. Why wait, when they can start giving birth immediately? After all pikin go bring wetin him go chop from heaven.

Your last statement cracked me up �. Life is not easy for anyone, we all have our individual struggles, but then we have to use our head correctly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by ufuosman(m): 9:53am On Aug 24, 2022
tomtomastom4:

This is our break down.
Monthly salary 95k

From the remaining 50k,

Thanks. Honestly I learn something important here.
For sure things will get better
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by ufuosman(m): 9:54am On Aug 24, 2022
The understanding between you people are the main reason why is working

You married your God ordain wife
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by AuwalYusuf812(m): 9:58am On Aug 24, 2022
See this mumu. Somebody dey way dey survive on top 30-35k monthly as a marriage man.
Re: How I Survive On A Salary Of 95k As A Married Man by ogubolokento(m): 10:02am On Aug 24, 2022
Mine is 89k salary with 3children is been hell and feed up please if any can give me a job to save a family

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

I'm Getting Married But I'm Not Happy / A Man Got Married To Two Women In Obudu Cross River State / Slaying In Chaos! Mom Dresses Up In Lingerie With Her 4 Demanding Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 142
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.