Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,459 members, 7,836,815 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:05 PM

Family Is Not By Blood. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Family Is Not By Blood. (506 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / I Impregnated This Girl And The Family Is Demanding 500k For Settlement / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Family Is Not By Blood. by Davefed(m): 9:54pm On Aug 21, 2022
Good evening evening.
I've something to share and want your idea. I'm the last child of family of seven. My dad is late and my mum went back to village to stay and I now live with my two elder brothers. I'm In currently in my final year in the University. So due to strike and nowhere to go I came back home to our family house which already my two brothers are living in. The truth is since I entered school in 2018 none of my brothers are supporting me expect my sis who took the burden of catering for my need in school and my uncle who pay my school fees. My brothers doesn't care if I feed or not even though they are working and seeing money.
Since I came back from school, the eldest among the two only gives me 300 naira for food each day and out of the money I used it to fetch water which all of them uses. Sometimes my sis who doesn't live with them do send me food stuffs at home to manage. I'm working currently and the transport fare to and fro summed up 400 naira. The company owed my 2 months salary, I did a thread about it months ago but they later paid me after I reported to their management . I do trek for 40 minutes to enter bus that will take me to the place of my work mitigating the cost to 200naira.
Apart from my sis who sometimes assist me, there's an old man that I used to help to run errand for him and do give me money and food. I can say he has fed me more than my brother has ever done and each time I'm going back to school he will give me money and tell his children to send me money too. Something happened today that provoked my spirit and made me question if truly Family is everything. I was sitting down and one of my brother came and began to shout at me that by next month I should start paying for Light and security bill and that they can't be paying house rent and I won't be contributing. That by December I should leave the house for them and find my way. I kept quiet, he was shouting and creating scenes, it infriuated me and I told him that he should come and force me. Someone that's doesn't even do if I exist. So when we are exchanging words and I told him that when I was school he doesn't care if I'm dead or not. My other brother who was trying to separate us said something that weakend my spirt. He told me that none of them are my father, all of them have their own lives to live. This is the people that squandered my late dad 2 million naira without anything to show for it. When the bank released the money out of the whole money, they only gave me 50k that was when I was processing my admission and clearance. They finished the whole money.
I've saved up 80k from the work I'm working and I'm still denying myself things especially food in other to buy a laptop so I can learn a skill. If it's not for this strike I would have been NYSC now and far from them. The other was saying that by December I should leave the house for them and find my own way, Which I'm already planning. And also they were saying that I should stop going errand for the old man in our street. This is the people that doesn't how I survive for months in school, doesn't know the amount I pay as school fees but they called themselves Family.. I'm just tired of everything in the family. I'm thinking about it and I've began to question if Family is really everything. The period I was owed salary was hell for me I barely eat, thank God for my uncle who out of the blue moon sent me 20k if not I don't know how will survive that period..

2 Likes

Re: Family Is Not By Blood. by Jashub: 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
Some strangers are better than family. I know this because I've personally experienced it

1 Like

Re: Family Is Not By Blood. by Onucs(m): 10:00pm On Aug 21, 2022
Your uncle is still family bro grin
Re: Family Is Not By Blood. by Boogyman557: 10:06pm On Aug 21, 2022
Holly Gram cool I no fit read everything finish becus I de prepare to JAZZ in ASHAWOO house dis nite..

My BLODA, no expect EVERYBODY for ur family to help u..

No be EVERYBODY for ur family go help u, them self get der own issue..

The day wey police catch me wit plenty WEED for pocket, na my uncle come bail me, my pops man no gree bail me..

No be EVERYBODY go carry ur MATAYANCE for Head pan..

LITE UP my WEED in peace

WTF MAN!

Re: Family Is Not By Blood. by Karleb(m): 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2022
My dad and his siblings are like this.

This happens when parents don't do their best to create bonds amongst children.

I have a cousin that can go months without calling his only younger brother and it makes me wonder.

1 Like

Re: Family Is Not By Blood. by Davefed(m): 10:11pm On Aug 21, 2022
Jashub:
Some strangers are better than family. I know this because I've personally experienced it
How do you live with it after everything? Does it affect your relationship with them now?
Re: Family Is Not By Blood. by Davefed(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2022
Karleb:
My dad and his siblings are like this.

This happens when parents don't do their best to create bonds amongst children.

I have a cousin that can go months without calling his only younger brother and it makes me wonder.
So sad. I never received their call since my four years in school. Only my Sis and immidate elder brother that do call me. Others doesn't even care.
Re: Family Is Not By Blood. by Jashub: 10:26pm On Aug 21, 2022
Davefed:

How do you live with it after everything? Does it affect your relationship with them now?
Bros, I left them . Now I'm having my own space and respect. As my late grandmother would say "friendship is best from a distance ". So brother, take that bold step and find your own accommodations. It might be hard but at least you'll be your own master
Re: Family Is Not By Blood. by Romanoff(f): 10:34pm On Aug 21, 2022
I'll tell you this like I always say. Blood is not always thicker than water.

Anyone whose opinion is contrary to mine is entitled to such opinion.

The only family you have is your sister, her husband and that man that helps you.

Keep saving, tell your sister what your brothers said, tell the old man what you're going through and keep being helpful to the man.

That man's children could turn out to be better brothers to you than your own shitty brothers.

3 Likes

Re: Family Is Not By Blood. by A4alpha: 11:21pm On Aug 21, 2022
B
Bro just work hard and flee from them before they engineer baTin to harm.. I no feet talk about what I am presently going tru in the hands of so called family, na then I know say even beloved mother can turn join in the conspiracy again own child. In fact I no fit talk.. my advice to you is flee to a safe distance ASAP

(1) (Reply)

I'm Depressed, Hurting And, Dieing :( / 30 Points I Will Tell My Daughter Before Sending Her Off / How I Quench My Urge For Intimacy As A Widow | Honest Chitchat With My Mother-in

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.