Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,244 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

After Me There Is No Holiness - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / After Me There Is No Holiness (297 Views)

After Me There Is No Holiness (CONTINUATION) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

After Me There Is No Holiness by LadyInk: 11:25pm On Aug 21, 2022
AFTER ME THERE IS NO HOLINESS

AUTHOR: LadyInk

CHAPTER ONE
It all seems like the world came to a standstill when I heard from the doctor that I had lost yet another baby. I was seeing my husband cry and talk to me but I couldn’t make sense from what he said. Then lo and behold I saw my child beckoning to me, I got up to carry my child but the person wearing a white gown whom I presumed to be the doctor held me back and then I felt a sharp pain in my arm and before I could react, the environment began to turn around; my husband was in twos and so was the doctor.....
I woke up to a serious headache and to behold as always the face of my lovely husband. The doctor came to check up on me and assured me that I would be discharged later in the evening. I was excited that I finally would be leaving the hospital with its awful smell of drug and at times blood...
On arrival, I was welcomed like a princess of an unknown land, ushered to a sumptuous meal of which I had no appetite but managed to eat a bit. I got to bed after greeting a few guests that came to console me after the miscarriage I had. I still can’t come to terms with it, I just don’t want to show any form of relapse in other not to land back to the hospital and putting Chidube my husband to yet another trauma. It is one thing to get married and an entirely different thing to remain married. For me , I am determined against all odds to remain married till death do us apart but of late , I feel even death has to wrestle me to keep my man from me.
Life as they say is unpredictable. I was so full of life that I believed I had the world under my feet. With so many school awards of academic excellence and church awards of good behaviour etc I was an example for other girls of my age.
Chidube’s arrival into my life further made my life more colourful. He was every girl’s dream and I was more than lucky to have him in my life. He is a source of support, my biggest fan, best friend, brother and lover. I smiled each time I remember the way we met.
We are happily married for five years now. There is but only one issue that cuts my matrimonial happiness short which is lack of children. We have been trying to have a child but to no avail. I will go to any extent to give my husband a child.
.................................................................................

CHAPTER TWO

Hey! If you really want to survive in this neighbourhood, then you have to work for it! My aunt said while slamming the door. I recoiled to the side of the bed and wept for a long time. I couldn’t bring myself to do what she asks of me, how was I to sleep with a man that is old enough to be my father! The pain in my heart was just unbearable plus the hunger pangs I experienced since I wasn’t given any food in order to bring me to comply with their plans.

When the beating I got became unbearable, I was dressed up and taken to Chief Badmus. Chief Badmus is my aunt’s lover who runs her motel. He has practically slept with almost all the girls working for aunt and demanded that I was next as he needed something fresh and young as he was fed up with other girls. This is a man who had children old that Were way older than me.
As I entered his room, I nearly swallowed my heart. He was already tying a towel sitting on the bed waiting for me. The security men slammed the door behind me leaving me alone with Chief Badmus which made me wish for the ground to swallow me. He approached me and the smell of tobacco nearly chucked me up. His arms that ran through my body was cold, I remembered aunt’s warning that if I struggled with him, I will be bruised badly so I lay on the bed like a lamb to be sacrificed, shut myself like I always do from my environment and allowed him into me.................
.......................................................................................

I woke up to an unfamiliar environment; I was lying on soft foam with colourful beddings. The scent from the room was sweet and peaceful. I wanted to shout but somehow I found peace in the surroundings.
A man in his late twenties entered the room full of smiles. He calmed me down and gave me food to eat, it was by then that I looked at myself and discovered that I was dressed in colourful yellow dress. I ate hungrily with the man smiling and beaconing me to eat more. He told me he would be back in the evening to discuss with me as he wants me to have my rest. I thanked him and continued with my food, when I was done, I slept off again.
I was awoken with a tap on the door. The man I saw earlier entered smiling at me. He sat beside me and begged me to narrate my story to him as he wants to be of help. He said he was a psychiatrist and I should trust him. I began to talk and tears filled my eyes. The experience I had with Chief Badmus was unbearable.
When I was done narrating my story to him, he offered me a white handkerchief for me to clean my wet face. He told me that he would help me but he had to start with treating my body before my mind. He gave me some pills which would help with the pain I experienced and they indeed worked wonders.
At age sixteen, my life was messed up badly. Being a victim sexual and physical abuse made me act half mad. I sometimes hallucinated and wasn’t sure of what was real or not. I wasn’t even sure if this new environment was real or just existed in my imagination. The man who I saw when I regained consciousness that I later learnt that his name is Chidube gave me those pills which worked wonders with the pain.
..............................................................................................

I woke up to find Chief Badmus snoring beside me. I was in pain and irritated at the sight of him beside me, then everything he did to me all came back to me in a flash. I looked at my dress and beddings which where all stained in blood, I made to stand up but I felt dizzy.
I looked at the man beside me and filled with rage and self pity; I got up with my last strength and left the room to clean up. On my way to my room, everyone laughed and mocked me, aunt came with smiles to congratulate me on my first, and I just ignored her and left. I sank in the bathtub and wept bitterly, all my body irritated me.
Two days after the incident as I was still nursing my pain, Chief Badmus requested for me again. Aunt gave me the news with smiles as he had already paid her double for me. I have no choice but to comply but I had a plan in mind. Aunt on seeing me excited, gave me more than enough to eat and personally dressed me up, I was like her hen that lay golden eggs.
I was ushered in to Chief Badmus who was happy to see me. I sat while he fed me apple from his plate, he was happy that I was coming around and no longer struggled with him. I allowed him have his fun with my body and when he was satisfied, he lay back exhausted and started snoring, I don’t know what came over me but I took the knife he used for his apple and buried it in his manhood.
I took to my heels before anyone could find out. It was easy getting out of Chief Badmus’s room since I requested that he sent the guards at the door away as I didn’t want them to hear me moaning. I took the back door and the heavily armed guard opened the door for me to escape since I bribed the guard with my body the previous night, I was just happy that he kept his own side of the bargain. He had taken pity on me when he saw me come out of Chief Badmus’s room the first time he raped me and agreed to help him but if only I helped him with his own lust.
I passed through the underground tunnel to the outside world. This tunnel was used by robbers as a hideout, they paid aunt very well and she in turn satisfied them with girls. I discovered this tunnel while ears dropping on aunt and one of the robbers’ conversation that the girl she gave them died while they were sleeping with her. I tiptoed and followed them to the entrance of the tunnel. Aunt brought the corpse of the girl and told us that she tried escaping and was shot dead, this further instilled fear in the heart of other girls.
I ran as fast as my legs could carry me and reach the end of the tunnel. I opened the small gate and I was finally free and in the outside world. I was now confused on where to go but I still kept on running when all of a sudden I felt a big blow at the back of my head and everything became blank................

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

More Than A Past / SPSS Primary Data Analysts Urgently Needed. / Bethel Writer Quorum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.