Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,200 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos (914 Views)

Nigeria May Experience Blackout As Bandits Threaten Takeover Of Shiroro Station / Tinubu Unhappy Over Governors Takeover Of APC / Buhari Rejects States’ Plan On Unilateral Takeover Of Discos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by satchinonso(m): 6:39am On Aug 22, 2022
The Federal Government has completed the takeover of four electricity distribution companies and constituted the board of the Nigeria Electricity Liability Management Company.

Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, on Friday, said the newly constituted board of the Nigeria Electricity Liability Management Company would enhance ongoing efforts to resolve the liabilities relating to tariff shortfalls for power distribution companies nationwide.

https://netsotec.net/post/fg-concludes-takeover-of-four-discos-/
Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by Ttalk: 6:41am On Aug 22, 2022
It is long overdue

Being a general does not make one decisive and strong willed, Buhari inability to take strong decision in terms of reforms will be his legacy after office. So inept in administration and policy formation only to be running after MNK and Igboho who has different opinion about Nigetia being one.

The energy he used to attack MNK and Igboho residence if deployed on bandits and kidnappers would have reduced their atrocities.

Common relocation of Discos license he cannot do, fear fear president. General my foot
Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by Nwodosis(m): 6:41am On Aug 22, 2022
Osibade should give way in anything about electricity, it is for Fashola as electricity generation is not a rocket science.
Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by yinkus6750(m): 6:44am On Aug 22, 2022
NEPA privatisation was faulty ABI initio
Such a sensitive sector was sold out on political and business interest without consideration for professional technological expertise.
Where has it landed us ?
Was expecting a good regime to review the process and take decisive action on it
How is Egypt and South Africa energy sector working.
A country of 250m plus. Using 4-5,000 in this modern day.
We aren't yet ready.

1 Like

Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by ambale(m): 7:02am On Aug 22, 2022
Ttalk:
It is long overdue

Being a general does not make one decisive and strong willed, Buhari inability to take strong decision in terms of reforms will be his legacy after office. So inept in administration and policy formation only to be running after MNK and Igboho who has different opinion about Nigetia being one.

The energy he used to attack MNK and Igboho residence if deployed on bandits and kidnappers would have reduced their atrocities.

Common relocation of Discos license he cannot do, fear fear president. General my foot
He was just busy fighting unnecessary battles

Even key decisions he leaves it to his subordinates

I've never seen a weak man as that all my life grin

1 Like

Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by Blackdeewhy(m): 7:12am On Aug 22, 2022
Does this mean we will have at least a 20hours light in a day?
Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by gabolak(m): 7:22am On Aug 22, 2022
Reverse the whole privatization charade
Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by Faiththatworks(m): 7:23am On Aug 22, 2022
The privatization of Nepa was one of the worst failures of the PDP government in Nigeria.
I can see some people rushing to blame Baba Buhari but I think we should at least be informed on issues before Rushing to comment.
No President has the power to cancel a legally binding agreement with an organization without being ready to face the consequences.
The financial liability would have totally crippled Nigeria if Baba Buhari decided to cancel the legally binding agreement with the Discos.
That's why I totally agree with Alh Atiku's plan of allowing states generate and distribute power.
Thank God these Disco are failing and returning back their assets to the Federal government.
I pray the next president of Nigeria will have the interest of Nigeria at heart whenever he decides to commence the next round of privatization of these assets.
God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by loosecanon50(m): 7:28am On Aug 22, 2022
Taking over of Discos isn't the problem, it's knowing what to do after taking over. For over how many years now, it's still only 4000-5000mw they can generate. The most populous black nation. Corruption keeps having a field day

2 Likes

Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by Okoroawusa: 8:00am On Aug 22, 2022
Power generation and distribution should leave the list of the federal government.
Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by popodaa159: 10:40am On Aug 22, 2022
if only it will improve power supply
these are the 10 COMPLETED and ONGOING AIRPORT projects in Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDHlPmx3jZI
Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by Parachoko: 10:52am On Aug 22, 2022
The PDP handed over the distribution and transmission of power to incompetent people.
Re: FG Concludes Takeover Of Four Discos by Parachoko: 10:55am On Aug 22, 2022
Okoroawusa:
Power generation and distribution should leave the list of the federal government.
The senate has already pass a bill in favour of this, the bill is now in the house of assembly, I wander why is taking them long to pass the bill too.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Secret Police, DSS Now Operates Lawlessly Like Bandits – Sheikh Gumi / BREAKING: Enugu Obidients Youth Coordinator Rejects An Appointment From Enugu Go / JUST IN: 10 Reasons Why I Believe Peter Obi Is Deceiving Nigerians – Keyamo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.