Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,164,066 members, 7,856,261 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 04:20 PM

Lazy Or Depressed: How To Know Your Mental Health Crisis - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Lazy Or Depressed: How To Know Your Mental Health Crisis (300 Views)

Is Nigeria Facing A Mental Health Crisis? [ Al Jazeera: The Stream ] / I'm 18 But My Dick Is Not Growing, Please Help!! I'm Really Depressed / Ministry Of Health Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lazy Or Depressed: How To Know Your Mental Health Crisis by BrightTips: 10:47am On Aug 22, 2022
Lately, you’ve noticed feeling unmotivated and doing the bare minimum just to stay afloat. Now you’re wondering, “am I depressed or lazy?” But these concepts aren’t the same. Laziness is having the ability to perform an activity but opting not to, while depression isn’t an intentional act, but a psychological condition requiring more than self-determination to resolve.

The Key Differences Between Laziness & Depression

People often confuse depression with laziness, yet these are two distinct constructs. Laziness can be mostly defined as being in a state of inactivity as a result of an individual’s unwillingness to perform a task despite having the capacity to do so. Laziness can occur periodically and is believed to be more of a mental state, deliberate act or personal choice. Some experts theorize that laziness is a personality trait or character deficit, while others believe laziness is a behavioral sign of an underlying concern. Regardless, laziness often carries a derogatory connotation.1

Depression also bears some stigma and is falsely viewed as a problem related to a person’s will. Depressed individuals may appear lazy due to underlying symptoms of depression such as lack of motivation and energy. However, depression is a psychiatric disorder accompanied with many other pervasive features like deep sadness, inability to feel pleasure, a desire to isolate, apathy and more.

Here are some questions to consider to determine whether you’re lazy or depressed:
[url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g9vMYqZaK0w[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Expert Says Prostate Cancer Treatment, Management Is Whole Family Decision / Read This If You Patronize Olosho/runs Girl !!! / Body Odor – The Silent Foe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.