Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

What Technique Is Use To Achieve This Realistic Portrait Drawing (photo) - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / What Technique Is Use To Achieve This Realistic Portrait Drawing (photo) (608 Views)

Realistic Portrait Burst Of A Nairalander / PHOTOS: Amazing Realistic Portrait Paintings Of An Owerri Based Artist / 517-Year-Old Leonardo Da Vinci's Portrait Of Christ Sells For ₦162.3b (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Technique Is Use To Achieve This Realistic Portrait Drawing (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 12:34pm On Aug 22, 2022
Came across this photo on Facebook.

I mean, the lady was sitting there in his front and he drew her!

Those that are into realistic pencil portrait drawing knows the time it takes to create one image.

My question is, what is the name or word that can be used to describe this type of drawing where you sketch someone right there and then.

Additional resources would be helpful.

Thanks

Re: What Technique Is Use To Achieve This Realistic Portrait Drawing (photo) by Dekadet(m): 12:37pm On Aug 22, 2022
lovediehatelive:
Came across this photo on Facebook.

I mean, the lady was sitting there in his front and he drew her!

Those that are into realistic pencil portrait drawing knows the time it takes to create one image.

My question is, what is the name or word that can be used to describe this type of drawing where you sketch someone right there and then.

Additional resources would be helpful.

Thanks
It's live drawing or art, though i am not an artist - there is a man here in kaduna that draws people (20 minutes is ok for him) for a small fee, even if you give him 200 naira. He is really good at it

1 Like

Re: What Technique Is Use To Achieve This Realistic Portrait Drawing (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2022
Dekadet:
It's live drawing or art, though i am not an artist - there is a man here in kaduna that draws people (20 minutes is ok for him) for a small fee, even if you give him 200 naira. He is really good at it

Thanks for your input. I still wonder how they can achieve this so fast.

I really need tutorials or any useful resources for achieving this.

If I search live drawing on Google, it doesn't bring out the needed results.

Can you ask him the technique used?

Probably a phrase I can search on Google and get what I need ...

Thanks
Re: What Technique Is Use To Achieve This Realistic Portrait Drawing (photo) by faceland: 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2022
As the person above pointed out, it is life drawing.

This is my opinion:
~ He has at least 10 years of practice and good understanding of shadow and shading (that is why he s now fast).
~ It is graphite pencil. He use those brushes and eraser to BLEND the graphite particles to have that smoothness (some of those pencil looking things are eraser for blending).
~ Na practice and dedication (not acquired overnight)

If you have time, there are many lessons from pros on YouTube. Start with Zin lim and Fine Art Academy YouTube Channels, watch and learn from observation.

Re: What Technique Is Use To Achieve This Realistic Portrait Drawing (photo) by faceland: 7:52pm On Aug 22, 2022
Re: What Technique Is Use To Achieve This Realistic Portrait Drawing (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 10:28pm On Aug 22, 2022
faceland:
As the person above pointed out, it is life drawing.

This is my opinion:
~ He has at least 10 years of practice and good understanding of shadow and shading (that is why he s now fast).
~ It is graphite pencil. He use those brushes and eraser to BLEND the graphite particles to have that smoothness (some of those pencil looking things are eraser for blending).
~ Na practice and dedication (not acquired overnight)

If you have time, there are many lessons from pros on YouTube. Start with Zin lim and Fine Art Academy YouTube Channels, watch and learn from observation.

Wow...

Thanks for your elaborate answer.

I'll check out the YouTube videos

1 Like

Re: What Technique Is Use To Achieve This Realistic Portrait Drawing (photo) by Dekadet(m): 9:30am On Aug 23, 2022
lovediehatelive:

Thanks for your input. I still wonder how they can achieve this so fast.

I really need tutorials or any useful resources for achieving this.
If I search live drawing on Google, it doesn't bring out the needed results.
Can you ask him the technique used?
Probably a phrase I can search on Google and get what I need ...

Thanks
ok try searching live art drawing or so
Re: What Technique Is Use To Achieve This Realistic Portrait Drawing (photo) by lovediehatelive(m): 2:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
Dekadet:
ok try searching live art drawing or so

Alright.

Thanks. I'm on it now

(1) (Reply)

. / 3d Instagram Frame Effect / I Urgently Need A Designer For Poster And Flyer For My Open Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.