Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:25 PM

Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves (33193 Views)

CBN Sells Over $300m To Banks As Naira Gains / Oil Companies Resume Dollar Sales To Banks As CBN Eyes Supply / CBN Recovers N60bn From Banks As Illegal Charges (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by olola4(m): 10:01am On Aug 23, 2022
This will continue like a cycle because those who will replace them will also japa - just a matter of time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by stacyadams: 10:01am On Aug 23, 2022
Racoon:
Healthcare professional are leaving in droves. Technicians and artisans are also leaving.ASUU is on strike for more than 5months now. Every facets of our national life is just taking the hit. Yet some failure of a government is still campaigning to retain leadership?
...... angry grin grin and some dead brain rats on nairaland are still campaigning to retain the failure of a government.

1 Like

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by effort1: 10:01am On Aug 23, 2022
Yet, the coursed APC idiots in nairaland say their party deserves another chance after running the country aground
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by babyfaceafrica: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2022
That's their problem
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Didijiji: 10:02am On Aug 23, 2022
THEY SHOULD RECALL ALL STAFF SACKED YEARS AGO (NOT SACKED FOR FRAUD O)
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Bizibi(m): 10:02am On Aug 23, 2022
FreeStuffsNG:
Is it really brain drain? undecided
It is more of a sweeping purge of fraudulent IT staffers after persistent complaints of Nigerians and NDIC frustration that banks are too scared to report these fraudulent staff to regulators.

Most of them committed the fraud and japa but they are deceiving themselves; they will still be caught eventually. Karma does not rest wink

The brighter side is that our bank I.T related frauds may now go down. Just few days ago, I read an official that Access Bank just brought in an I.T guru as their Executive Director for that segment to keep most of these fraudulent ex-staff away from deposits of innocent Nigerians. Banks are now very conservative in that area and extra careful before hiring IT guys. They may soon be outsourcing it like cash in transit service that comes with insurance or go for foreigners head hunted by reputable global HR coys.
If you are a Nigerian who is upright, smart and patriotic well known in the industry as smart, honest and faithfully competent, right now, even if they fire you one day, they will come back and beg you to come back; your kind are scarce now and in high demand!

Below is a report by BusinessDay:

According to the NIBSS, fraud-related transactions reportedly cost Nigerian banks on average N14 billion in losses annually. These figures, some within the banking sector, believe are understated.

The Nigeria Deposit Insurance Corporation (NDIC) in 2018 sought to investigate some banks for the inadequate rendition of returns to the Corporation on instances of fraud, forgeries, and cases involving members of their staff who were either dismissed or had their appointments terminated on grounds of fraudulent activities. The NDIC made the decision in the light of the report from its Off-Site Supervision of the banks, which revealed the number of fraud cases attributed to internal abuse by staff of banks increased from 231 in 2016, to 320 in 2017, or 38.53 percent above the figure reported for the previous year.

Today, e-banking frauds have developed into a mega industry where cyber criminals deploy sophisticated tools to steal information and scam account holders. The list of bank frauds perpetrated online is endless.

https://businessday.ng/exclusives/article/inside-story-of-electronic-bank-fraud-in-nigeria/
mtcheeeeew,you think it is only tech guys even some top staffs are resigning and traveling out. I know you are writing it because you support tinubu.

5 Likes

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by AfahaAbia(m): 10:03am On Aug 23, 2022
That's very true. I'm a full stack developer for a bank here in Lagos and I just resigned. Got a job offer to move to Belgium. It's very unfortunate that alot of young folks who should take over from us prefer Yahoo than learning tech!!!

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by obedience4(m): 10:03am On Aug 23, 2022
All thanks to president buhari
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by kayuseful: 10:03am On Aug 23, 2022
Good one
Maybe this will reduce the unemployment rate for the first time in a decade
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Angelfrost(m): 10:04am On Aug 23, 2022
Good for them...

The Brain drain will hit every sector!

I have said it before, and will keep saying it.

The best Plumbers, Mechanics, Electricians, Carpenters, Healthcare professionals... Even the intelligent and honest politicians and leaders have left in their numbers!

Keep voting in senile crooks! Don't stop! Y'all will suffer for it!

1 Like

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by TastyFriedPussy: 10:04am On Aug 23, 2022
Moh247:
Software engineer especially python programmers are hot cake
Oga shut up your mouth.. Nobody asked you. Useless goat.
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Faber(m): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2022
ijustdey:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/brain-drain-hits-nigerian-banks-as-tech-experts-others-resign-in-droves/

Their replacements dey. Others needs to be employed too.

Brain drain cannot happen in a nation with 250million people. If it's Namibia or Seychelles with 2k people then it's possible

4 Likes

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by charlypoker(m): 10:06am On Aug 23, 2022
Zenith Bank has the worst network problems

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Rapuru14: 10:07am On Aug 23, 2022
Unzerious:

How you think Obi can solve all Problems is baffling undecided

I hope he solves your Village People Problem too.
Indeed you're are an unserious fellow without future

Your moniker lays credence.
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by justmondris: 10:07am On Aug 23, 2022
madridguy:
The tech guys trained themselves so they are free to go where the pay is high.

Banks should also set up training schools and start training people with agreement you will serve them for stipulated times.

One of my friend brother in the USA was trained by UBER and today he is tech guru working for one of the world leading brand.
Even if the banks decide to train more tech guys, that will still not solve the problem. The major cause of the problem is poor pay and poor work environment. The trained staff will be demotivated even before his contract with you ends and he will leave once it ends.

Most of them will walk out of the contract once they have a foreign job and their visa is ready. Guys done wise oh.

1 Like

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Acidosis(m): 10:09am On Aug 23, 2022
All their shakara will now end after demanding 1st-class honors and 2-1 for a monotonous and repetitious teller job.

The good thing is that skillful 2-2 certificate holders who are above the age of 30 will explore the banking sector in the coming years.

5 Likes

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Bizibi(m): 10:09am On Aug 23, 2022
AfahaAbia:
That's very true. I'm a full stack developer for a bank here in Lagos and I just resigned. Got a job offer to move to Belgium. It's very unfortunate that alot of young folks who should take over from us prefer Yahoo than learning tech!!!
not only you guys even other heads in other units are resigning.
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by SeriouslySense(m): 10:11am On Aug 23, 2022
Wowu, and this is happening in Lagos, the commercial center.

AfahaAbia:
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by almarthins(m): 10:13am On Aug 23, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
yet 'Baba Wey No Well' want to continue from where Buhari stopped...

Don't re-enforce failure.
Even NBA conference that was held in his backyard (Lagos)...he was nowhere to be found.

Him backyard ke? Na him compound be Lagos. You do mistake by saying backyard. If na Ogun state dem do am, I for agree with you say na him backyard.
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by LOVEGINO(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2022
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by MartinsD12(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2022
ijustdey:

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/brain-drain-hits-nigerian-banks-as-tech-experts-others-resign-in-droves/
No wonder there is massive fraud in the banking system today , scammers are now having free hand, infact transaction these days takes time to reflect oh everything is finished in this country, buhari and APC has finished this country everything is falling everyday why won't they leave this country

1 Like

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 10:14am On Aug 23, 2022
OkpaNsukkaisBae:
yet 'Baba Wey No Well' want to continue from where Buhari stopped...

Don't re-enforce failure.
Even NBA conference that was held in his backyard (Lagos)...he was nowhere to be found.
Bet me, that guy will die before 2023, he's my language person but by the time he dies and leave us with bokoharam instructor, not only one tribe and religion will surfer it. I hate greedy person
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by madridguy(m): 10:17am On Aug 23, 2022
I intentionally jumped the end of the month package, work environment and the work load. We need to rearrange many things in our darling country.

justmondris:

Even if the banks decide to train more tech guys, that will still not solve the problem. The major cause of the problem is poor pay and poor work environment. The trained staff will be demotivated even before his contract with you ends and he will leave once it ends.

Most of them will walk out of the contract once they have a foreign job and their visa is ready. Guys done wise oh.
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by SeriouslySense(m): 10:17am On Aug 23, 2022
wink wink wink coolThe foolish Nigerian crazy slaves, are eager to put in, a better terrorist, good luck to them, sometimes, i wish i could just change my country permanently ( there is no time for great stupidity).

So far Nigeria is still better than Yemen, Somalia and Afghanistan. But it may not last long with this crazy attitudes, they are displaying and very foolish ideas.

ALLNIGERIANSMAD:
Bet me, that guy will die before 2023, he's my language person but by the time he dies and leave us with bokoharam instructor, not only one tribe and religion will surfer it. I hate greedy person
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Dynamicboss: 10:21am On Aug 23, 2022
Its being great working in Financial sector and I am also part of the people that is seeking for greener pasture. Their pay, toxic environment and the economy is not encouraging at all.

1 Like

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Konjiboii: 10:22am On Aug 23, 2022
It's not just tech, every professional are leaving the country in droves ,nobody believes in Nigeria anymore ,if Obi doesn't win then it's all over for this country.

1 Like

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 23, 2022
Have Moh247 PandoraObi and FreeStuffsNG left too? Oh I forgot they're not tech people. They are just agbadorians with access to a phone. cheesy
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Freelane33(m): 10:27am On Aug 23, 2022
Trimulised
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 23, 2022
Racoon:
Healthcare professional are leaving in droves. Technicians and artisans are also leaving.ASUU is on strike for more than 5months now. Every facets of our national life is just taking the hit. Yet some failure of a government is still campaigning to retain leadership?

APC should not even be contesting the next Presidential elections. But since they insist on contesting, Nigerians will deliver defeat to them on a platter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by tradepunter: 10:33am On Aug 23, 2022
it will never be well with those supporting the reelection of the bastards that have destroyed this country

You and your household will witness the downs this nation have gone through for the past 8 years if you dont change your demonic ways.
Re: Brain Drain Hits Nigerian Banks As Tech Experts, Others Resign In Droves by wasuka14(m): 10:34am On Aug 23, 2022
madridguy:
The tech guys trained themselves so they are free to go where the pay is high.

Banks should also set up training schools and start training people with agreement you will serve them for stipulated times.

One of my friend brother in the USA was trained by UBER and today he is tech guru working for one of the world leading brand.

Anyone wey want japa can go. We have enough man power here to cover up. But once they disgrace you abroad pls don't beg us to bring you back home for free o. Learn frm those Dubai evicted travellers.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Make Money On Fiverr: A Beginner’s Guide / Teju Ajani Appointed the Managing Director for Apple in Nigeria / My Humiliation At ECOBANK Badagry.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.