Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,496 members, 7,819,812 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:20 AM

ASUU Strike: The Student's Condition: - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Strike: The Student's Condition: (300 Views)

Breakdown Of The Student Loan Bill / 5 Teachers Sacked For Impregnating SS3 Student In Kebbi; The Student Expelled / Monica Osetobe Osagie Is The Student In Sex For Marks Scandal – OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: The Student's Condition: by ULTIMATEMediaNg: 9:05am On Aug 23, 2022
Now, it is very clear that without the payment of these 6months backlog salaries to the striking union, there won't be any sign of resumption.
I know many students will stand to blame ASUU on this. Atleast, ASUU have a clear cut goal they are driving towards, it does not matter wether it's their basic interest or not. An average human being will always put his/her interest forward first. But all we pray is let the interest also affect positively in the life of others around you. Man is selfish in nature. Lecturers are lecturers and students are students. ASUU stands to protect the interest of her members. Don't also forget we students also have union that bind us together as one and that is NANS. Do we also have this clear cut goal? What is the leadership of NANS at the centre doing to protect the interest of the students? The right lecturers have to create her association; students also have same right, and all are in existence, as described and stipulated in Chapter 4 section 40 of the 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and also Article 11 of the Human Right Law. Lecturers have a union who will not compromise at the expense of her dear members and students have union that compromise, is the hallmark, they cannot do without it, always a sellout. All they know how to say is 'great Nigerian students' at every slightest opportunity, while having another motive underneath. Every students union should rise to the occasion of protecting the interest of her dear members too, and not this compromise driven tendency. Now, the selfish government who is shying away from performing her responsibility is telling the students to sue ASUU or the not water tight 'enough is enough' from the commander itself or the 'I'm not aware' tactics. All these faceless warms that call themselves government are just after stealing stealing stealing.

What use to pain me most is always we the innocent students that's always at the centre. Think about the the consequences that will be unleash on the innocent students when the lecturers are left to know option than to resume without salaries. You will see not the government nor the so called NANS or other students union bodies that will stand in for you.

They should pay the lecturers, that's my own crave concern. After all, the salary is already meant to be paid, the government should pay it, so that we will not later hear that something swallowed or eat it. I'm a student, I'm not a lecturer. Nobody pay me, instead I'm the one even paying tuition fees. Imagine students paying tuition fees and still going on strike just because of a union who is protecting the interest of her members and the lifeless and corrupt led government. Where is the leadership of NANS?
Gaskiya, something is very very wrong.

Don't blame ASUU.
~Yusuf Abubakar (Sen Alhaji)

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Strike: The Student's Condition: by Youngwiz71(m): 9:20am On Aug 23, 2022
Las las everybody dey fight for their belle
Re: ASUU Strike: The Student's Condition: by ADepresedpotato: 12:35pm On Aug 23, 2022
Rubbish, FG should not pay them any salary. The worst ASUU can do is to extend their strike. By the time SAPA deal with them, they go start to reason properly.

(1) (Reply)

Social Media And Information Dissemination Among Students / APC Regime Of Failure, ASUU Was Right. / Air Force Institute Of Technology (afit) Kaduna 2022/2023 Post Utme Screening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.