Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,036,299 members, 7,446,552 topics. Date: Thursday, 01 June 2023 at 06:04 AM

Do Not Read This If You've Got Your Life All Sorted Out - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do Not Read This If You've Got Your Life All Sorted Out (149 Views)

What Are The Things You've Learned The Hard Way? / Are You A Copywriter, Or You Want To Be One? You've Got To Read This!!! / Get All The Answers To Your Mind Boggling Questions Sorted Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do Not Read This If You've Got Your Life All Sorted Out by AlaloBlessing06(f): 12:16pm On Aug 23, 2022
While reading tested advertising by John Caples, I got tired and decided to play my favorite game: "cooking joy."

I have been trying to pass a difficult level for a while now and hopefully I did it yesterday.

But that's not the point.

It dawn on me this morning how this game relates to our lives and our businesses.

In the game, I run a large restaurant and meet all sort of clients.

I'll mention a few.

The guy who never smiles and get angry when his orders are or aren't given to him on time.

He is always grumpy, but the best thing about this client is that he always gives me tips.

And then another who is always looking for freebies and so on.

This is how it is in our every day life and businesses.

There are customers like the ones I listed above in your businesses.

For example Mr grumpy, If you were to sell something to him, he is going to stress you and disagree with you a lot.

But the best part is that he is going to refer you to others and give you tips.

After each level, I earn coins and gems.

There was a time I was playing and I couldn't unlock a new level. I tried and tried but all to no avails.

I got really frustrated and didn't play the game for a while.

I decided to go back to it and try to fix what I was doing wrong and after a few tries, I unlocked that level and got rewarded with prizes.

That is how it is going to be in life.

There will always be obstacles and challenges.

You will feel like giving up at one point.

That is why it's important to know your "WHY."

"Why should you not smoke?"

"Why should exercise be a daily routine for you?"

Nothing gets solved by abandonment. FIX IT.

If you keep doing something the same way, you'll keep getting the same results.

Ask yourself why you continued to fail and correct them.

The last point is something that made me write this.

It is that after all the challenges, the failures, the frustrations and blows, you are REWARDED.

After getting so much coins and tips, I still put it back in my business.

But why?

It made my job easier.

My food cooks faster and I could attend to my customers on time.

Invest in your business.


You can't do everything by yourself.

Focus on the 20% that moves the needles and employ people to do the remaining 80%.

Keep pushing �

I'm rooting for you�

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Asake Joins Boomplay's Golden Club As He Hits Over 100 Million Total Streams. / Interview Questions Your Employer Will Definitely Ask / Ambassador Buratai Offers Anecdotes To End Global Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2023 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.