Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,761 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) (16643 Views)

Malaria: What I Discovered / Malaria ;what Is , What To Know , How To Cure Malaria / How To Use Scent Leaves (efinrin) As Cure For Malaria | Daily Family NG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Abiodunspectre(m): 1:43pm On Aug 23, 2022
Malaria is a disease caused by a parasite, transmitted by the bite of infected vector, in this case the female Anopheles mosquito. The mosquitoes by themselves do not infect us with Malaria when they bite us. They are only carriers of he protozoan(causative agent for malaria). It is this plasmodium that causes malaria.

According to World Health Organization (WHO), over 300 million cases per year are recorded worldwide, over 1.5 million cases in Nigeria per year and over 445,000 deaths from Malaria per year.

Malaria only occurs when Mosquitoes infected with the protozoan(plasmodium) bites a person and injects he plasmodium into their bloodstream. It begins to multiply in the liver and spread to other cells and tissues and then continuous exposure to mosquito bites will make the plasmodium fight and weaken the immune system(body's defense system) against infections. Once the immune system is subdued, the symptoms of malaria will begin to show.

After an infected Mosquito bites a person and injects plasmodium into the bloodstream, the incubation period of Malaria after it gets to the bloodstream is 2 days to one Month.

CAUSES OF MALARIA
As Stated earlier, the main cause of Malaria (Malaria fever) is the plasmodium from the bite of the female Anopheles mosquito injected intola person's bloodstream over a period of time during which the plasmodium incubates, reproduces itself and fight to subdue the immune system.

SYMPTOMS OF MALARIA
The symptoms of Malaria fever are very visible, unlike some other sicknesses that can be asymptomatic. The signs and symptoms of Malaria are:
* Fever
* Sweating
* Chills that shake the whole body
*Fatigue
* Weakness and Muscle Aches
* Nausea and Vomiting
* Loss of Appetite
* Dull or white eyes
* Chest and Abdominal pains

RISK FACTORS
Malaria is a non-communicable disease and this simply means that it cannot be transferred from one person to another as in the case of Measles or Monkeypox.

The risks of Malaria are:
* Hygiene Level: Hygiene level on individual, family and community level is a major factor in the Prevalence of Malaria vis-a-vis the spread of Mosquitoes.

* Dirty Environment: A dirty environment such as dirty pools, still water, water-logged patches, bushes, overgrown weeds, unwashed utensils, open water containers are the perfect breeding bed for mosquitoes.

* Tropical Region: People living in Tropical regions(hot regions) are at higher risk of contracting Malaria. This includes Africa, Parts of Asia like India, Pakistan, etc, Eastern Europe, South America, Oceania, and the Caribbean.

TESTS AND DIAGNOSIS
There are various tests that can be done to confirm/diagnose malaria fever especially when the symptoms have manifested. The tests include:
* Physical examination where the Doctor takes your vitals and asks you some questions including your symptoms and recent travel history.

* Blood tests: this is the most reliable test which involves using syringe to take some volumes of blood sample for testing against some standard reagents and solvents and dyes(stains). This test indicates the parasite, and which medication is best suited to treat it.

TREATMENT
Treatment for Malaria is simple and some times complicated which is why a medical professional should be the one prescribing the drugs. In treating Malaria, these factors will be put into consideration before drugs are prescribed:
- Type of Parasite
- The severity of Symptoms.

DRUGS
P-Alaxin is one of the effective drugs used in the battle against malaria. It's of high quality and it's made with effective artemisinin-based combination therapy which contains dihydroartemisinin and piperaquine phosphate.

It is an effective antimalaria drug that offers immediate response cure of malaria and benefits of post-treatment prophylaxis.

P-Alaxin offers both immediate cure of malaria and also the benefit of post-treatment prophylaxis. In other words, P-Alaxin cures the patients of their malaria and equally protects them from coming down with malaria for at least 1 month after treatment even when they are bitten by mosquitoes".

https://www.who.int/teams/global-malaria-programme/reports/world-malaria-report-2021

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by hoilakes(m): 1:55pm On Aug 23, 2022
haaa these symptoms are scary am seriously down at the moment angry angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Mthumbie: 2:25pm On Aug 23, 2022
Interesting!! What we need is Malaria vaccine

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Ennyholar: 2:34pm On Aug 23, 2022
People outside the internet need a whole lot of education about malaria. I wish something like this can be printed and shared among people in rural communities.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Akposkiz: 3:48pm On Aug 23, 2022
Nice Educative!

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by KingUka: 5:17pm On Aug 23, 2022
Ennyholar:
People outside the internet need a whole lot of education about malaria. I wish something like this can be printed and shared among people in rural communities.
you're right there are places in Africa where the awareness of maleria will save lives

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by 0xAaron: 6:29pm On Aug 23, 2022
This is educative thank you
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by KingUka: 6:52pm On Aug 23, 2022
Most times we overlook these symptoms and pass it on as stress

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by IzuKiba77: 9:14am On Aug 24, 2022
It's actually nice to know some set of people are taking the causes and effects of malaria seriously because recalling the deaths caused by malaria alone is terrifying when we all know there are ways of preventing it

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by PotterJokes44: 9:17am On Aug 24, 2022
IzuKiba77:
It's actually nice to know some set of people are taking the causes and effects of malaria seriously because recalling the deaths caused by malaria alone is terrifying when we all know there are ways of preventing it

Really scary no doubt
Over 300 million cases per year worldwide, over 1.5 million cases in Nigeria alone per year and over 445,000 deaths from Malaria per year.

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by AREWAELENU: 9:19am On Aug 24, 2022
They shared mosquito net and still we re still in the same soup, those nets are just there for me I have a backup drug plan grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Mimiko3: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2022
My experience with malaria has never been a good one... That sickness is so deadly, I pray to never experience such again

1 Like

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by KeplersCross: 9:21am On Aug 24, 2022
KingUka:
Most times we overlook these symptoms and pass it on as stress

I swr,when people start sweating and shaking due to cold,loss and appetite they think it's normal, thinking it's tiredness from work or from the stress of the country like it's going to just pass not knowing it keeps building up itself until it results to a different case

2 Likes

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Jayjerjay: 9:22am On Aug 24, 2022
I have never heard of this drug p-alaxin before, I don't pray to have malaria so I can test how it works but I can recommend it for someone sha
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Nuelng: 9:24am On Aug 24, 2022
Mimiko3:
My experience with malaria has never been a good one... That sickness is so deadly, I pray to never experience such again

Nobody wishes to experience it again if you have experienced it at some point in time, but we just have to keep ourselves safe and health always... And follow the guidelines stated
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Zarandah: 9:27am On Aug 24, 2022
This is really educating, I learned from the it. Thank you OP.
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by kuljayms1(m): 9:29am On Aug 24, 2022
I'll try out this drug when next I feel symptoms. I hope it turns out as effective as described.
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by DanyelAmeh: 9:31am On Aug 24, 2022
I go make sure say mosquito no see my body bite again.

3 Likes

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by AyodejiFelix(m): 9:36am On Aug 24, 2022
The Federal Government recent action in tackling Malaria is commendable. Malaria is a deadly disease that must not be joked with.
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by iseoluwanimi: 9:49am On Aug 24, 2022
This side of the world we dont know that malaria is dangerous than the covid 19

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by mark2020prince: 9:57am On Aug 24, 2022
I just finished treating malaria and honestly I almost lost it. The symptoms didn’t show up until I was totally down. Thank God I’m good now

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by EinsteinAyo(m): 9:59am On Aug 24, 2022
The appointment of Dangote as the Chairman of 16-member council to eradicate Malaria disease will also yield positive results. It's important for every Citizen to also tackle it with NAFDAC approved Drugs.
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Dkdworldwide: 9:59am On Aug 24, 2022
All I can say is Thank God for life. The recorded cases of death per year is really scary. Only God saves us o

1 Like

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by lordcrafts: 10:02am On Aug 24, 2022
Let’s all be safe out there! Malaria is no joke. Please and please
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by OladapoF(m): 10:09am On Aug 24, 2022
I have been hearing about this P-Alaxin lately. It must be a good drug for treating Malaria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Chiemezueajuzie: 6:57am On Aug 25, 2022
It's funny how malaria kills more people even more than HIV and people don't know
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by YangaBabe: 6:58am On Aug 25, 2022
We really need to take good care of ourselves and be cautious about this malaria thing
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Chomolina: 7:00am On Aug 25, 2022
This is quite educative but first we need to clean and work on our environment first to curb mosquitoes. I believe that should be the first step to cure malaria

1 Like

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by BigDawsNet: 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
AA people try and protect urself from mosquito bites

After treatment and you expose urself again...
You will jus hav to start ur medication again

5 Likes

Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by Pwettylinda(f): 12:18pm On Aug 25, 2022
grin
Re: Malaria: What You Need To Know (2022) by LadyRosa(f): 12:19pm On Aug 25, 2022
Very tricky sickness embarassed
Especially for those with AA blood group I guess.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Watch Out, Prolonged Sitting Kills / Jubilee Syringe To Start Exportation To Germany / Lagos Police Confirms Genuineness Of Mayowa's Case, Unfreezes Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.