Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought (34292 Views)

Inside Unhatched Egg Of Dinosaur That Lived In Argentina 80 Million Yrs Ago (Pix / Terror Crocodiles With Banana-Sized Teeth Preyed On Dinosaurs 82 Million Yrs Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by alabo1: 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
constant1960:
I just dey reason what this people take us for

They don't take you for anything. In fact people like you don't count. You were the type that used to believe the world was flat and that everything moved around the earth. People like you imprisoned and tortured Galileo and co for saying the opposite which we now know is the truth.

Keep believing fairy tales while they keep making their discoveries and moving mankind forward

1 Like

Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by SIRTee15: 1:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
Freksy:

Clocks we all rely on for daily time reading can at times be misleading. Whoever at times doubts result(s) of geologic clocks has his reason for doubting. That does not mean he is ignorant of the usefulness of the technology itself.

That you feel the prints' pic is logical and convincing enough for one to believe the findings makes me feel it's just a fine line that separates those who believe 'the small Nigerian boy' and those who believe the results of geologic clocks unquestionably for mere pics of prints.

U can choose to believe or refute scientific fact but do so with logic. Just don't sit down somewhere and say scientific fact is a lie.
What made u conclude that the footprint can't be 113 million yrs old. Thorough and detailed research have been done on carbon dating for one ignoramus to claim it's applications are unfounded.

Black man biggest problem is mental laziness and apathy. Do your own finding before opening your mouth to refute other people's finding.
We cant even research claims within our own environment, yet we go dey put mouth for wetin big pass una brain.
The oil sediment in Niger Delta from same carbon deposition was in the ground for yrs until the white man came, drilled it and told us it's value. I'm sure the people in the naija delta area would have been in contact with crude oil for thousands of yrs but never bothered to explore it.

I'm not against refuting scientific claims, but do so with facts and logic not your personal opinion based on nothing.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Reallife17: 2:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
Emperor88:

They believe human beings can turn to bird at night and fly but ask them to proven under tight control they will start giving excuses. They believe a book that claim heaven and earth was created on the first day but ask them on what day was mercury and mars created. But they still doubt science that took humans to the moon something that their G*d should have prevented, they doubt science that can invented airplanes that can take you round the earth in hours, They doubt science that inverted mobile phones that can make you to speak to anyone, anytime and anywhere around the world.
Said it all!
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Reallife17: 2:03pm On Aug 24, 2022
Grandmeister:

The blue whale is bigger than any known animal that has ever existed. And guess what? The blue whale is still in existence.
Is whale a beast? Kai grin
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Evilblackman(m): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2022
Grandmeister:

Show me the complete fossil of this animal.
What I should be showing you is how to use google and do research
If you don’t have data buy
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Grandmeister(m): 2:06pm On Aug 24, 2022
Reallife17:
Is whale a beast? Kai grin
What is it then? So much ignorance. Even a horse is a beast of burden. A bear is a beast. Any animal of reasonable size is a beast.

1 Like

Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by iWise(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
PassingShot:

The level of ignorance on this site is alarming. Ignorance goes beyond ability to read and write.

Why are you surprised?

Most Nigerians are creationists. As far as they are concerned, the earth is roughly 6000 years old. All available evidence to the contrary does not matter to them.

Don't waste your energy trying to challenge their beliefs. They are but a lost cause.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Grandmeister(m): 2:08pm On Aug 24, 2022
Evilblackman:

What I should be showing you is how to use google and do research
If you don’t have data buy
Just like I guessed. They will direct you to google when they can’t find a reasonable empirical evidence online, because I’m sure you already did some google search and couldn’t even find a good enough proof and data to support your claim.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Evilblackman(m): 2:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
Grandmeister:

The enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the assumption of knowledge. The assumption that being an African man I cannot question contemporary knowledge because a group of Caucasian scientists said otherwise. You claim to be pro science but you’re an enemy of knowledge.
I swear you are your own enemy
What you just typed here shows you are deranged and racist
Who says black men aren’t intelligent too
You have issues
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Evilblackman(m): 2:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
Grandmeister:

Just like I guessed. They will direct you to google when they can’t find a reasonable empirical evidence online, because I’m sure you already did some google search and couldn’t even find a good enough proof and data to support your claim.
Okay since you don’t believe whats on Google
Go out to the dinosaur park and do your own research mr grandmumu
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by YeePeyHaa: 2:20pm On Aug 24, 2022
The earth is old

If you don't believe

Visit Meccah, you will see Abraham's footprint there!
Visit Egypt and you will see Pharaohs dead body
Visit Dead Sea in Israel, no living thing can live in it
Visit Babylon in Iraq, that was where civilisation began

Just imagine someone spending 950 years on this earth, (Noah pbuh) or even more, what were those guys doing in this world? Lol!

1 Like

Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Mustiboy(m): 2:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
oloriooko:
oga stop believing everything carbon dating my foot
so what about footprints of other heavier beasts or na sodium dating go show their own?
haba fear God na

It's interest you to know that it's not every surface area of the earth that we humans have touched or explored.

That explains why the footprints are still intact.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Jat33: 2:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
Taaa!!!... Lies.... Nonsense shocked sad
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by meeketta: 2:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
oloriooko:
113mil years footprints shocked haba people should be fearing God oooooo
and under water
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Reallife17: 3:18pm On Aug 24, 2022
Grandmeister:

What is it then? So much ignorance. Even a horse is a beast of burden. A bear is a beast. Any animal of reasonable size is a beast.
Just checked thanks

1 Like

Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by JOemmy(m): 3:51pm On Aug 24, 2022
iamyemiakins:
One elephant tiptoed across there, they're saying dinosaur grin

Elephant's foot are not that big na.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by mightyleks(m): 3:52pm On Aug 24, 2022
Reallife17:
4.5 billion years old “according to the Big Bang’s theory”
Lol.. So you believe in that explosion? When this scientist are near to die they come back to confess that there's a supreme being somewhere.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by tonididdy(m): 4:02pm On Aug 24, 2022
It's a good thing dinosaurs went extinct...

They were just too massive and threatening
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Stanfeelings: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
SO RIVER FLOWS NO WASH OFF THE FOOT PRINTS?WHO LEAVES FOOTPRINTS INSIDE WATER? MAKE UNA D LIE WITH RESPECT ABEG.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Samajogs: 5:12pm On Aug 24, 2022
You're a big fool
Evilblackman:

Your question is so dumb , i ponder
You know they don’t exist anymore you still ask such ignorant question
Stop drinking
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Karnice600: 5:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
iamyemiakins:
Make these Archaeologists dey try regulate their lies na. If dinosaur pass ontop cement wey dem just lay sef wey later dry, I no sure say you go see the clear footprints again after 10 years, in such environment undecided

Lol..,
Our forefathers said the same thing when the whites told them that the earth was spherical, rotating and revolving at the same time.
That's why they are always ahead. They discover the 'lies' first, churn it into something applicable, to aid your daily routines and that's when you believe those lies were true.

1 Like

Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Freksy(m): 5:15pm On Aug 24, 2022
SIRTee15:

U can choose to believe or refute scientific fact but do so with logic. Just don't sit down somewhere and say scientific fact is a lie.

And you think carbon dating is a scientific fact?
Clap for yourself!

What made u conclude that the footprint can't be 113 million yrs old. Thorough and detailed research have been done on carbon dating for one ignoramus to claim it's applications are unfounded.

Because scientists have long recognized that carbon dating is subject to error because of a variety of factors, including contamination by outside sources of carbon.

Age is also a problem: Samples that are older than about 40,000 years are extremely difficult to date due to tiny levels of carbon-14. Over 60,000 years old, and they can't be dated at all

Black man biggest problem is mental laziness and apathy. Do your own finding before opening your mouth to refute other people's finding.

The white wants you to believe you are mentally lazy, in fact, inferior to them. If you are mentally lazy, it's your choice.

We cant even research claims within our own environment, yet we go dey put mouth for wetin big pass una brain.
The oil sediment in Niger Delta from same carbon deposition was in the ground for yrs until the white man came, drilled it and told us it's value. I'm sure the people in the naija delta area would have been in contact with crude oil for thousands of yrs but never bothered to explore it.

I am trying to understand your point.

Note that when oil was discovered in the Niger Delta, it was also discovered elsewhere, in the white communities too.

What would you say about those whites whose lands the carbon deposit were also discovered? Those whites who also had the value of carbon deposit made known to them?
They were/are mentally lazy?

I'm not against refuting scientific claims, but do so with facts and logic not your personal opinion based on nothing.

It's noted sir.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by AdeolaOmoOba(m): 5:41pm On Aug 24, 2022
Carbon dating nikan ko, iron dating nii... So you were taught that you can carbon-date footprints abi... Shio!

The issue i have with the date hypothesis for the footprints is that, for more than 100 million years, do you think the footprints wouldn't have been covered by sediments? 100 million years o! Why is it that close to the sedimentary bed. Is this the first time the river will get dried to give room for sediment infilling or degradation...? This leaves us skeptic, even though it's our field.

2 Likes

Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Sanctecosma(m): 6:03pm On Aug 24, 2022
Chai! Make these archaeologists try dey fear God nah. How can a dinosaur walk on river floor, without the river washing off the footprints after 113 millions years? :oThe river no dey flow ni? Abi na ice carp? grin
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by emmanuelpopson(m): 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2022
Neoteny:
The level of ignorance in Nigeria is unbelievable.

Just see the number of idiots calling this story false, simply because their tiny brains cannot comprehend prehistoric times which go contrary to the book of fairy tales that says, without any shred of evidence, that the earth is 4,000 years old.

These people believe giants walked the earth, Methuselah lived thousands of years, spirits and demons and angels are real, destinies can be chained up with padlocks....but they've a hard time believing prehistoric reptiles and mammals walked the earth millions of years ago.

No wonder they prefer Gringori to be their president.

I'm just tired of seeing so many post that the narrative is false and it's misinformation. Such people only believe what their pastor said or what their imam said meanwhile they could not under how scientists developed and built airplanes, spacecrafts, electricity, Internet and others.. I appreciate the geology knowledge I have and the understanding of how lands,oceans and humans relate...tge fossil records that humans are discovering says it all.. The dinosaur of over 100 million years old should not be strange to someone like me kos the earth been a planet itself is more than 4 billion years old

1 Like

Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Reallife17: 6:18pm On Aug 24, 2022
mightyleks:
Lol.. So you believe in that explosion? When this scientist are near to die they come back to confess that there's a supreme being somewhere.
Sure I don’t doubt that. But these people have more proof. What’s your proof sir? I personally don’t always like to talk about Religion anyways. The whole stuff cannot be understood
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by GoodIsGod: 6:30pm On Aug 24, 2022
Oje Marina f'ẹsẹ gungo ki bẹ máa ṣẹlẹ .

113 Million years wetin?

Science at times plays on people's inteligence.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by GoodIsGod: 6:51pm On Aug 24, 2022
iamyemiakins:
One elephant tiptoed across there, they're saying dinosaur grin

grin
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by Neoteny(m): 6:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
emmanuelpopson:

I'm just tired of seeing so many post that the narrative is false and it's misinformation. Such people only believe what their pastor said or what their imam said meanwhile they could not under how scientists developed and built airplanes, spacecrafts, electricity, Internet and others.. I appreciate the geology knowledge I have and the understanding of how lands,oceans and humans relate...tge fossil records that humans are discovering says it all.. The dinosaur of over 100 million years old should not be strange to someone like me kos the earth been a planet itself is more than 4 billion years old

Absolutely.

Irony: the phones they use to discredit scientific facts and discovery are made possible only because of... scientific facts and discovery. grin
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by GoodIsGod: 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
rusher14:

They are showing you the prints but you don't believe.

A Nigerian would tell you plucking another man's ears would bring money yet you would believe.

The Nigerian is a complex being.

As your moniker implies. Na every news from oyinbo you dey rush?

How many planets did they say exist before? How many have they found now? How many scientific beliefs have been found to be false?
Many.

Science is not 100% accurate bro.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by rusher14: 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2022
GoodIsGod:

As your moniker implies. Na every news from oyinbo you dey rush?

How many planets did they say exist before? How many have they found now? How many scientific beliefs have been found to be false?
Many.

Science is not 100% accurate bro.

Some of you make us Africans look unintelligent.

Pluto has not disappeared, it simply does not meet the present criteria for the definition of a planet.

The thing about science is that it is always subject to review.

Honestly, responding to an ignorant person who wants to dwell in his ignorance is quite frustrating.
Re: Texas: Dinosaur Tracks From 113 Million Yrs Ago Discovered After Severe Drought by GoodIsGod: 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
rusher14:

Some of you make us Africans look unintelligent.

Pluto has not disappeared, it simply does not meet the present criteria for the definition of a planet.

The thing about science is that it is always subject to review.

Honestly, responding to an ignorant person who wants to dwell in his ignorance is quite frustrating.

Believing everything science says is ignorance in its self.

Science is not final.

Science has failed many times.

Honestly reading posts from people who
believe they are well educated but blindly believe everything science tells them is frustrating.

Stay blessed bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

9 Tech Companies Building Nigeria’s Future / Nigerian Man Builds Handmade Excavator (Photo) / Samsung Unveils Smart T.V That Mimics And Blends With Any Wall(Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.