Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,982 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:12 PM

Got Scammed, What's The Next Step? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Got Scammed, What's The Next Step? (332 Views)

Hilarious Conversation Between A Scammer And The Person He Scammed / Lesson: How A Colleague Got Scammed Over The Weekend / HELP: I Got Scammed, What Can I Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Got Scammed, What's The Next Step? by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 24, 2022
Hi,

I bought this Nigerian used laptop from a guy. From our discussion and the specifications provided, he said "the batter needed to be replaced". After buying, it dawned on me that it was beyond battery replacement.

I chatted him up and he was giving me some excuses that he helped someone sell the laptop and that it wasn't originally his. His solution is that he plans to resell the laptop before refunding me.

However, I can't wait. I'm thinking of getting my refund ASAP. How can I do that? I'm thinking of calling the police on him. Is this the best way?

Honestly, I feel cheated. I need your suggestions.

Thanks.
Re: Got Scammed, What's The Next Step? by Vibekiller(f): 10:02am On Aug 24, 2022
Rest!!

Eventually those things happens!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Got Scammed, What's The Next Step? by Haakeem(m): 10:18am On Aug 24, 2022
Vibekiller:
Rest!!
Rest ke?.
Re: Got Scammed, What's The Next Step? by Nobody: 11:52am On Aug 24, 2022
Vibekiller:
Rest!!

Rest? I didn't steal the money guy.
Re: Got Scammed, What's The Next Step? by Vibekiller(f): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2022
LightOnScams:

Rest? I didn't steal the money guy.

I feel your pain dude. At times the money spent recovering your lost will be greater than the one that was taken through fraud.

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Commuters Groan Over Deplorable Condition Of Warri-benin Expressway / BREAKING: TIMOTHY ADEGOKE: Court Again Adjourns Hearing On Adedoyin’s Murder Ca / We Will Turn Yahoo Boys Into Experts In Manufacturing Chips – Tinubu Promises

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.