Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,612 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:29 PM

Refuse To Worry -pastor Chris - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Refuse To Worry -pastor Chris (1371 Views)

An Experience At Pastor Chris Okotie’s Church In Lagos / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Why Do We Never See Videos Of Anita? Youtube? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Refuse To Worry -pastor Chris by Joagbaje(m): 6:19pm On Aug 07, 2011
. . . Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns once and for all] on Him, for he cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully 1 Peter 5:7AMP.

There’re people who have a proclivity for worrying; for them, worrying is a lifestyle. They’re often burdened about their families, jobs, money, and generally overwhelmed by the cares of this life. This isn’t the way of life for the Christian. Our opening scripture reveals God’s thoughts concerning you. He wants you to cast the whole of your cares – all your anxieties, worries and concerns on him – once and for all.

You’re not to surfeit yourself with the cares of this world, but to leave them at the feet of the Master. Don’t cast your worries on Him in the morning and take them back in the afternoon, or start worrying again by night time. You can’t live your life that way. Someone once said, “I worry a little bit about my problems and let God worry about the rest.” No, don’t worry at all! Cast all your worries on him. Whatever it is that bothers you, lay it down before Him.

Psalms 25:8 says:
“Good and upright is the LORD:”

which is to say the Lord is good, and He is to be trusted. So trust in Him and depend on Him solely and wholeheartedly to help you and put you over every difficult situation. It’s His pleasure to do this, for He cares for you affectionately and watches over you lovingly. He’s always mindful of you, not to destroy you, but to help you be all that He created you to be. He didn’t create you to fail, but that your life will be to the praise and glory of His Name.

The Lord is passionate about your victory and success more than you could ever know, and He has put everything in place for you to live joyfully and experience His glory everyday of your life. Yours is to trust in Him with all your heart, and do what the Word says and He’ll perfect all that concerns you.

Confession
Dear Father, thank you for the efficacy of your Word, and its ability to mould my character and cause me to live in ever-increasing glory, grace and victory! I rejoice greatly today because I know you love me dearly and rejoice over me with singing. Therefore, I go forth today without a care, trusting you absolutely to meet all my needs, and perfect all that concerns me, in Jesus’ Name. Amen.

Further Study
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Psalm 115:12
The LORD hath been mindful of us: he will bless us; he will bless the house of Israel; he will bless the house of Aaron.

(1) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Man Eats His Own poo / [ SHOCKER; Woman Delivers Horse In Edo Church] / Atheist Pls Can U Help In Explaining This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.