Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,208 members, 7,822,073 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? (693 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More / As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by olaolaking: 12:50pm On Aug 24, 2022
I am a Christian, but I actually think we are the problem. I have issues with many of my friends on this but in reality, they have not been able to convince me with the facts available.

I remember when Lamido introduced Islamic Bank. They claimed the nomenclature was wrong and I asked if they were in competition with Muslims since the nomenclature would not affect the functions and those who will benefit from the bank.

Please note that this topic is not about who wins the argument. It is about the truth, the facts

Please be sincere in your submission. Give us facts, convince us with proofs

This thread is also not for the immature and myopic once. Please be guided

The issue of Religious Bigotry did not start from the North - George Udom

Let's go back to 1962, when a Northern Muslim, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa registered Nigeria as a member of the World Council of Churches and International Bible Society in 1963, with no complaints from the Muslim North.

Saturday was a working day in Nigeria until 1973, Gowon, a Christian minority from the North declared it a work-free day, to enable the Seventh Day Adventist Church to worship, with no complaints from the Muslim North.

In February 1979, Olusegun Obasanjo denied Ahmed Deedat, an Islamic Preacher, entry into Nigeria, with no complaint from the Muslim North.

In 1982 pope John Paul II was welcomed to Nigeria by a Muslim, Alhaji Shehu Shagari.

Reinhart Bonke, a Christian Crusader, had a free entrance to Nigeria at will, with no complaints.

Abacha welcomed Pope John Paul and established Papal Square along Kubwa expressway, with no complaints from Muslims.

But in 1986 when Babangida registered Nigeria as a member of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) there was a riot in Lagos, Port Harcourt, and Enugu orchestrated and organized by CAN.

Pls who are the Religious Bigots?

Just recently, the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs distanced itself from all kinds of politics, but what about CAN?

In 2013, a Private Jet belonging to the CAN President was intercepted in South Africa loaded with foreign currency, imagine it belonged to the Sultan.

So people of God, let's ask ourselves some sincere questions.

Seun, Nlfpmod, Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by GardenGreen: 12:51pm On Aug 24, 2022
Ofcoure the current president that has caused seven-eight years of hardship is a christian

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by olaolaking: 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2022
GardenGreen:
Ofcoure the current president that has caused seven-eight years of hardship is a christian

Please be guided and be mature with whatever you want to present. This is not about a particular person.

I want you to dispute the points above or bring facts to rebuff it. We are not here for sentiment
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by Johnnyboy6757(m): 1:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
Am just passingoooo, but curiosity no gree make I pass just like dat,. Op u mentioned names of ppl dat did what u think was not right, so dis guy quoting u, mentioning the name of sum1 he thinks dat is causing the suffering of Nigerians he is not wrong too. U mentioned names an he mentioned names. So why this cautioning? U say ur a Christian baa how are u den not ur brothers keeper?? So please answer him, is the president a Christian? So must he mentioned the Haram of the president b4 u can note his point in a country were dere is no freedom of speech?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by Dtruthspeaker: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
olaolaking:
I am a Christian, but I actually think we are the problem. I have issues with many of my friends on this but in reality, they have not been able to convince me with the facts available.

I remember when Islamic Bank was introduced by Lamido. They claimed the nomenclature was wrong and I asked if they were in competition with Muslims since the nomenclature would not affect the functions and those who will benefit from the bank.

Please note that this topic is not about who win the argument. It is about the truth, the facts

Let's go back to 1962, when a Northern Muslim, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa registered Nigeria as a member of the World Council of Churches and International Bible Society in 1963, no complain from the Muslim North.

Saturday was a working day in Nigeria until 1973, Gowon, a Christian minority from the North declared it a work free day, to enable the Seventh Day Adventist Church to worship, no complain from the Muslim North.

In February 1979, Olusegun Obasanjo denied Ahmed Deedat, an Islamic Preacher, entry into Nigeria, no complain from the Muslim North.

In 1982 pope John Paul II was welcomed to Nigeria by a Muslim, Alhaji Shehu Shagari.

Reinhart Bonke, a Christian Crusader, had a free enterance to Nigeria at will, no complain.

Abacha welcomed Pope John Paul and established Papal Square along Kubwa express way, no complain from Muslims.

But in 1986 when Babangida registered Nigeria as a member of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) there was a riot in Lagos, Portharcout, Enugu, orchestrated and organised by CAN.

Just recently, the Nigeria Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs distanced itself from all kinds of politics, but what about CAN?

In 2013, a Private Jet belonging to the CAN President was intercepted in South Africa loaded with foreign currency, imagine it belonged to the Sultan?

So people of God, let's ask ourselves who are the real Religious Bigots before make another major mistake as a people...

The bigots are well known and you lie when you say you are a Christian but your position is antichristian. And this declaration of religious posture further proves to lie because it was absolutely unnnecessary. But you thought it was which is what liars must do when they want to lie.

That said, every reasonable person knows that the bigotry points to the northern Muslims and some would specifically say Fulani.

In 63, 73 and 79 the North Muslim just married a Church going wife, so how can the husband refuse to not entertain his new wife's need for church things?

Please, you don't have any thing to say on this matter, the facts and the living experiences Nigerians have had, show the direction of this bigotry.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by thesicilian: 1:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
Anyone will always have "facts" to prove whatever they believe to be true.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by meekme(m): 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2022
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by LordReed(m): 1:40pm On Aug 24, 2022
olaolaking:

I remember when Islamic Bank was introduced by Lamido. They claimed the nomenclature was wrong and I asked if they were in competition with Muslims since the nomenclature would not affect the functions and those who will benefit from the bank.

Please note that this topic is not about who win the argument. It is about the truth, the facts

Let's go back to 1962, when a Northern Muslim, Abubakar Tafawa Balewa registered Nigeria as a member of the World Council of Churches and International Bible Society in 1963, no complain from the Muslim North.

Saturday was a working day in Nigeria until 1973, Gowon, a Christian minority from the North declared it a work free day, to enable the Seventh Day Adventist Church to worship, no complain from the Muslim North.

In February 1979, Olusegun Obasanjo denied Ahmed Deedat, an Islamic Preacher, entry into Nigeria, no complain from the Muslim North.

Reinhart Bonke, a Christian Crusader, had a free enterance to Nigeria at will, no complain.

Abacha welcomed Pope John Paul and established Papal Square along Kubwa express way, no complain from Muslims.

But in 1986 when Babangida registered Nigeria as a member of the Organization of Islamic Conference (OIC) there was a riot in Lagos, Portharcout, Enugu, orchestrated and organised by CAN.

In 2013, a Private Jet belonging to the CAN President was intercepted in South Africa loaded with foreign currency, imagine it belonged to the Sultan?

So people of God, let's ask ourselves who are the real Religious Bigots before make another major mistake as a people.

As much as you state facts I personally do not want any religion involved in state affairs. Live and let live, practice your religion but do not hinder other people from theirs or become a detriment to your society. In that light I don't see much of a difference between Christians and Muslims. Both tend to be invasive in other peoples business. What is the Muslim's business in if people want to drink alcohol or if people want to cut their hair in a certain fashion? What is your business if gay people want to marry? Most of the things Christians and Muslims make noise about have no bearing on their individual practice of their religion, to me it just seems to be an effort at playing dominance games.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by LordReed(m): 1:44pm On Aug 24, 2022
meekme:
It is not the religion that raises concerns, it is the tendencies of the extremism that comes with it.
Abi you ever heard of anyone screaming HALLELUYA after bombing and killing people?
I love my Muslim brethren...but the fact that some of them support terrorism ehnn *sighs*
It's scary!

It is always scary when people want to dictate how you should live based on their own religion.
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by olaolaking: 3:13pm On Aug 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

The bigots are well known and you lie when you say you are a Christian but your position is antichristian. And this declaration of religious posture further proves to lie because it was absolutely unnnecessary. But you thought it was which is what liars must do when they want to lie.

That said, every reasonable person knows that the bigotry points to the northern Muslims and some would specifically say Fulani.

In 63, 73 and 79 the North Muslim just married a Church going wife, so how can the husband refuse to not entertain his new wife's need for church things?

Please, you don't have any thing to say on this matter, the facts and the living experiences Nigerians have had, show the direction of this bigotry.

In reality you have not said anything. You just rant unnecessarily. I want objective discussion. The one that will state facts not the just saying what they like because of baseless thinking
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by LikeAking: 3:27pm On Aug 24, 2022
Op calm down.

Focus on d money�
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:17pm On Aug 24, 2022
olaolaking:
In reality you have not said anything. You just rant unnecessarily. I want objective discussion. The one that will state facts not the just saying what they like because of baseless thinking

When a fact is settled, there is nothing to discuss as the lack of activity in your thread has shown.

We all know that the northern Muslims are the bigots in this country.
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by olaolaking: 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
Dtruthspeaker:

When a fact is settled, there is nothing to discuss as the lack of activity in your thread has shown.

We all know that the northern Muslims are the bigots in this country.
You are still ranting. I want you to quote, make reference/s, mention event, occurrences and facts.

You keep on saying "we all know" "we all know"

I have not come to say people should agree with me. I only want brilliance, meaningful discussions not this type you are offering.

No intelligence in your comment so far

1 Like

Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by Castingdownimag: 8:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
DO YOU CARE TO KNOW WHY ALL THIS DIVISION IS HAPPENING WATCH THIS TO THE END:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVEvlNCWsm0
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by Dtruthspeaker: 7:36am On Aug 25, 2022
olaolaking:
You are still ranting. I want you to quote, make reference/s, mention event, occurrences and facts.

You keep on saying "we all know" "we all know"

I have not come to say people should agree with me. I only want brilliance, meaningful discussions not this type you are offering.

No intelligence in your comment so far

We are already living in the horriblleness of the bigotry and no discussion here would bring it to an end.
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by AntiChristian: 7:49am On Aug 25, 2022
Of course Christians are the bigots and hypocrites. They shout islamisation since about 7years ago!

The fact is that no one has been islamised by now in that agenda!

Go to most government owned facilities from the core north to the south. You'll hardly see any Muslims general prayer, clapping of hands and singing songs of praise. I was at a PHC some years back and i was amazed seeing such display wherein sick people are told to stand up for prayer!

I didn't stand up. Then I saw one man telling another person sitting who is a Muslim due to her dressing.
He said it was Abraham that caused the rivalry between us i.e. Muslims and Christians. Then he continued with all the gibberish till he handed over a tract.

And now we have the wild prayer kind of Protestant Christians. They go online to play some wild prayer of one of their pastors disturbing others in the process. Try complain and they'll say you are a demon!

Even in the war torn Bornu state, Governor Zulum still rewarded a punctual Christian who is not even of her tribe.
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by Valkrie: 8:00am On Aug 25, 2022
olaolaking:

So people of God, let's ask ourselves who are the real Religious Bigots before make another major mistake as a people.

Oga...Religion is poison...!!
If you know you know...!!

The door swing both ways on this as regards these two foreign and imported religion...They both are part of our problems today....take both out of our lives and systmen and our problems would be solved by more than a half....!!!
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by MaxInDHouse(m): 8:10am On Aug 25, 2022
Will you like to know the TRUE Christians today?
Because we have no business with worldly politics! John 17:16 smiley
Re: What Do You Have To Say As A Christian? by olaolaking: 9:45am On Aug 25, 2022
Valkrie:

Oga...Religion is poison...!!
If you know you know...!!

The door swing both ways on this as regards these two foreign and imported religion...They both are part of our problems today....take both out of our lives and systmen and our problems would be solved by more than a half....!!!
I disagree with you sir. People practice religion all over the world. There is Christianity in Europe and America. They are doing well. We need to examine ourselves.

(1) (Reply)

Does Abstainance From Sex Really Makes One Successful? / 7 Ways To Identify A False Prophet. / Confused About His Illegal Wife & Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.