Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,054 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:47 AM

Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. (723 Views)

APC & PDP Women In Adamawa Burning Their Membership Cards And Joined LP(video) / Bode George: It’s A Pity Presidential Aspirant, Peter Obi Dumped PDP / Doyin Okupe: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP, Withdrew From Presidential Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. by Newsletter01: 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2022
Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party.

By: Nsikak Nsenye

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Wike, has again revealed why Peter Obi, former Anambra Governor and the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, vice presidential candidate in 2019 dumped the party.

Recall that Peter Obi had prior to the Presidential primaries of the PDP said that recent developments within the party made it practically impossible for him to continue participating and making constructive contributions.

But, Wike told Channels TV that Peter Obi lacks integrity and he left PDP because he knew he would not win the presidential ticket.

“Peter Obi leaving the party is not surprising to me. He knows that there is no way he would have won the presidential primaries. Forget about what Doyin Okuope said about sharing money.

“How can someone who has gone to almost all the states telling them about how he is a trader and how he wore one shoe and does not allow people carry his bag leave a party three days to the primaries?

“From what I read on social media, he wanted to merge with Kwakwaso, but that didn’t work out well because Kwankwaso too wants to be President and both cannot work together. Today, he has gone to Labour Party. This is what I am saying, in everything you do, integrity and character is very important. You can be the best economist but you don’t have character, Wike said to Peter Obi.

The Rivers governor mocked Peter Obi and the Labour Party asking where he will get the votes that will make him President.

Responding to claims that the Labour Party Candidate visited him in Port Harcourt twice to consult him about his ambition after he joined Labour Party, Wike said Obi came to ask him for financial support.

“Peter was in Port Harcourt to ask for my support to his ambition, we know he’s not going to win, but he wants to use his popularity to negotiate for something from Atiku Abubakar and PDP.”

Even him Peter Obi knows that he will not come close to winning the Presidency, but he is using the platform to beg for money. He is visiting governors asking them to support him financially, but we know it will be a waste of time and resources.

He doesn’t have integrity, that was why he left the PDP party that made him Vice Presidential candidate in 2019 - he cannot be trusted by any politician or governors.

You know me, I am not a pretender. Peter Obi is a pretender and crafty man, he is not genuine. He has been deceiving Nigerians that he does not give shishi, yet he is visiting many Governors and stakeholders asking for money, you can imagine that kind of character. After everything he said against me and other PDP governors, he has come to ask for our support, it’s not possible. He won’t get it.

Peter Obi and his Labour Party are aware they will not win and do not have a chance, so why will I give him Rivers people money and votes. Wike said.
Re: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. by jkpbestseries: 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2022
He owe no one explaination. Atiku that has stolen southerners mandate and has been moving from one party to another what happened?

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. by Throwback: 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2022
Today, he has gone to Labour Party. This is what I am saying, in everything you do, integrity and character is very important. You can be the best economist but you don’t have character, Wike said to Peter Obi.

Wike is right.

Obi has no integrity.

Worse still, he is very desperate.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. by Nobody: 5:09pm On Aug 24, 2022
Any party he goes to,i will still follow him

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. by PresidObi: 5:22pm On Aug 24, 2022
If Peter Obi leaves Labour party and moves to Boys Scout party of Nigeria, I will go there and vote for him.

2 Likes

Re: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. by limeta(f): 5:45pm On Aug 24, 2022
Even with no party standing independent
I will still vote him

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. by KingOfTheDamned: 5:51pm On Aug 24, 2022
Throwback:

Wike is right.

Obi has no integrity.

Worse still, he is very desperate.

Says the hired goom pretending to be Yoruba
Re: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. by Kenneth4u205(m): 5:58pm On Aug 24, 2022
Karma is real. Look at wike life now few months later. Obi has risen to the top three contender while wike is going into political extinction.rejected by PDP

1 Like

Re: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. by asanausana91: 6:46pm On Aug 24, 2022
When I see zombiedients insulting PDP I just laugh.
Peter Obi is part of the corrupt basterds that ruled this country for 16 years.
Re: Why Peter Obi Dumped PDP And Joined Labour Party. by Nobody: 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2022
Obi the cowardly fraudster and liar. Nothing Wike reveals is new to those of us who know Obi well. A pathetic history of cowardice and always fleeing rather than standing to fight like a man.

Goodluck to him and his fans but 2023 is a real project to rescue Nigeria from becoming Afghanistan.

All the powerful and well-meaning stakeholders in Nigeria from every corner of our nation, to include even the South East, will work for a Tinubu win because they know Tinubu fears and bows to no one as we saw him demonstrate recently with his APC primaries win.

Obi is too much of a cowardly weakling and empty barrel to even be a serious contender in the project to rescue Nigeria from big monsters and ogres that sensible Nigerians know only Tinubu can tame.

We saw it recently as Tinubu stood his ground and got the APC ticket against the wishes of the mightiest authorities in the land while Obi could not even face the Dubai candidate, Wike, Tambuwal, Anyim etal.

Obi the deceptive liar is not serious about leading Nigeria otherwise he would not be in a Party with not even two State or federal legislators.

Obi is fronting for someone and this will become clear to his fans soon.

(1) (Reply)

Our Leaders Should Meet In These Cities Instead Of London! / Peter Obi Sudden Acceptance / The Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.