Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,928 members, 7,817,719 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:51 PM

What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? (5251 Views)

Unbelievable! Did Arise TV's Anchor, Rufai Oseni Actually Did This? / Femi Fani-Kayode To Obi: Do Us All A Big Favour, Go And Never Come Back / Fact Check: Did Peter Obi Build 10 Hospitals, Win Bill And Belinda Gates’ Award? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by Workch: 10:49pm On Aug 24, 2022
wis3:
so you mean Obi leaves his Lagos residence for Anambra anytime he falls sick and returns to Lagos when he is well? Is Lagos not wonderful?�
I mean he didn’t loot Anambra blind like Tinubu without building a standard hospital grin

Emi lo kan in the mud
Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by Workch: 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2022
Wis3, I was following you and you weee doing like you got stuffs to talk about.

I will drag you and your emi lokan to hell.

If Tinubu governed Anambra, Anambra will still be like it was in 1999. Emi lokan is a looter and never completed any capital project in Lagos that we can still see today

1 Like

Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by wis3(m): 10:58pm On Aug 24, 2022
Workch:
Wis3, I was following you and you weee doing like you got stuffs to talk about.

I will drag you and your emi lokan to hell.

If Tinubu governed Anambra, Anambra will still be like it was in 1999. Emi lokan is a looter and never completed any capital project in Lagos that we can still see today
I'm not disputing anything. There's however, one project he mastermind and completed. He made Lagos conducive enough for Obi to live in. I mean. Is Tinubu not a wonderful man?

1 Like

Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by Workch: 11:07pm On Aug 24, 2022
wis3:
I'm not disputing anything. There's however, one project he mastermind and completed. He made Lagos conducive enough for Obi to live in. I mean. Is Tinubu not a wonderful man?
Okay, go and sin no more.

I don’t care about your opinion about obi, we need someone with financial discipline. Whatever you say doesn’t matter to me.
Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by aariwa(m): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
How about the government hospitals and local government secretariats in the 21 LGAs, the around 28 bridges he built for those communities in Anambra north known mostly for farming which reduced the price of food items after they had access to Onitsha.How about the erosion and water projects with world bank, ANIDS transportation that was one of the best run transportation services in the country then, how about lilu ihiala side road he virtually carved through rocks to connect and open up civilization into those communities. He connected the 166 communities in the state with magnificent roads network.How about the refinery he did and Jonathan commissioned that made Anambra an oil producing state today like live rivers, delta etc he did all these without borrowing a dime and debt profile was zero .He in fact bright Anambra to limelight because there are a lot of prominent people from Anambra but no development until PO came ( Ngige tried but they removed him after 36 months) PO’s greatest legacy was changing mindset of many Anambra people that politics is not a money making venture but an opportunity to better society and lift people out of poverty. His greatest undoing was the man that succeeded him. Obiano a man that had a world class education and was an auditor for Total world wide had none of the virtues of PO, because he had the mindset of majority of Nigerian politicians ie that public fund is meant to be enjoyed. PO is not a politician but a reformer.

1 Like

Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by wis3(m): 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2022
Workch:
Okay, go and sin no more.

I don’t care about your opinion about obi, we need someone with financial discipline. Whatever you say doesn’t matter to me.
Why would it matter to you? You have to be devoid of common sense to become a Obi supporter. Speaking of discipline, Obi is so financially disciplined he used Anambra state's money to set up a beer factory and ran to Lagos.
You should learn to tell yourself the truth sometimes.

3 Likes

Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by walefresh3(m): 2:09am On Aug 25, 2022
Workch:
No man’s land was developed by federal government.

There no single project handled by Lagos state that has surpassed 3rd mainland bridge built by federal government. The show you the fraud in Lagos.

Even with all the funds, the given does cosmetics and then loot lagosians blind

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid. It is the first of it’s Kind. Tinubu electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

2. Decentralization: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganization of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022.

4. Health: Decentralization of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency. In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then. The First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.
Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by walefresh3(m): 2:15am On Aug 25, 2022
6. Investment: Lekki Free Trade Zone opened Lagos to investors and now several top companies/bodies have their headquarters there including the biggest consulate office of the USA. Lekki infrastructure company, Eko Atlantic.

7. Housing: Decentralization of the ministry of works and housing gave birth to the conversion of the housing department to a full fledge ministry which was charged with providing 500 units of houses yearly. This single move led to making the Lekki corridor the fastest growing real estate investment haven in Nigeria. Housing sector was opened to the private investors and Lagos became the highest destination for real estate investors in Nigeria.

8. EDUCATION: Payment of WAEC fee for students from all walks of life so far you live in Lagos. Several schools were built. The One-Day governor program started with the spelling bee competition.
First of its kind

9. SECURITY: The closest thing to state policing started in Nigeria under Tinubu, with RRS in 1999. The prisons reformation in order to curb activities of criminals, led to conversion of Ita Oko Prisoners Camp to a Youth Skill Acquisition Centre. Infact RRS is now the most performing police force in Nigeria. To make things work, he created the Lagos security trust fund where private sector come together to invest in Lagos security in conjunction with the government.
Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by FatherOfJesus: 7:20am On Aug 25, 2022
walefresh3:

1. Power: Tinubu’s government, in 2000, contracted AES to build an IPP that will generate 270MW of electricity to Lagos residents in order to exit the irrational power supply being provided by the FG. The 270MW is now part of our national grid. It is the first of it’s Kind. Tinubu electrification project covered over 100 communities. In his first term, 53 rural communities were targeted. The projects were completed in Egan, Atewolere, Ifesowapo, Aboru, Agbado Ayetoro, Akorede, Isheri Ikosi, Orile Aguntan, Rofo, Borokini, Omologbede, Araromi, Oke Agbo, Erekusu, Logberu, Okegelu and Ebute, Lekki. Others were Origanringan, Onigbolakowe, Oke odo Elemoro, Ipaja Isale odo, Agenuba, Ajelogo, Mutaku, Egansando, Ayanfe, topo and Ikola Agbenaje.

2. Decentralization: In order to bring governance closer to the people of Lagos state, Asiwaju created extra 36 LCDAs which led to the disagreement between Lagos and the OBJ led FG. They are still working till date. Nigeria needs someone who believes in this!
First of it’s kind

3. Economy: With an IGR of just over 600million naira when he took over, different initiatives which included the reorganization of the LIRS led to an unprecedented IGR of over 7billion monthly after 8 years, the sustainability of which has brought same to 57bn in 2022.

4. Health: Decentralization of the Health Management Board led to the creation of LASAMBUS, an ambulance management scheme, Hospital Services Commission and Lagos State Health Facility Monitoring and Accreditation Agency. In addition, policies such as “Roll Back Malaria”, “Jigi Bola, Free Health Policy for children below 16 year and adults above 65 years are verifiable ones that stood him out then. The First of its Kind.

5. Infrastructure: Roads, Railway Roadmaps, Port Roadmaps, Housing Roadmaps. Hospital Roadmaps.
There's no single capital project here that Tinubu started and finished

1 Like

Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by Landowner101(m): 8:05am On Aug 25, 2022
We don't want any sick president to rule us again.
Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by walefresh3(m): 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2022
FatherOfJesus:
There's no single capital project here that Tinubu started and finished

It be like say dey dream... I nonget your time today
Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by gaventa: 1:48pm On Aug 22, 2023
Try dey paste bet code! You sabi forecast sha
wis3:
1 million computers indeed. Coneheaded liars grin. I'd be really disappointed if this man doesn't come third in the forthcoming elections with the amount of lies y'all spreading online.
Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by Christistruth03: 1:55pm On Aug 22, 2023
grin grin grin

Re: What Actually Did Peter Obi Do In Anambra State? by wis3(m): 2:00pm On Aug 22, 2023
gaventa:
Try dey paste bet code! You sabi forecast sha
hian.. I've not had much luck

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kebbi Tribunal Affirms Governor Nasir’s Election / Casket-carrying Protesters Lay Siege To Shell Facility In Bayelsa / What Was The Reason For The Change Of Our National Anthem?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.