Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,512 members, 7,826,941 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems (251 Views)

Alex Ikwechegh Visits Woman Whose Fingers Were Cut Off By Herdsmen In Aba / 2019: Atiku Interprets Buhari’s Four Fingers’ Gesture To Lawmakers, Speaks On 12 / Goodluck Jonathan Attacks Osinbajo, Says He Has 'Leprous Fingers' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by adenigga(m): 10:53pm On Aug 24, 2022
The Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB) has alleged that prolonged burials, man-made mostly monetary conditions from the bereaved families, traditional rites, churches and Umunna’ are behind the problems bedevilling South-East states.
The pro-Biafra group in a statement issued by Emma Powerful, the head of media and publicity of the IPOB on Wednesday told Ndigbo to restrict the burial rites to three days so as to avert the negative consequences.

The group regretted that Ndigbo had ‘turned burial into a carnival and asking families to pay levies or debt for their dead ones’, adding that such practice ‘is an abomination and must be stopped forthwith.

IPOB however exempted corpses under police investigations/litigations from quick burial.

The statement read in part, “Our ancestors were burying their dead ones within three days. That is our culture and it helped our ancestors spiritually. Igbos have a very rich and spiritually-based culture which our ancestors maintained from the beginning of time.

“The present habit of keeping dead bodies more than three days and even months and years in the mortuary has had dire effects on our land and contributed to the spiritual weakness of the Igbo Nation and of the entire Biafraland, moral decadence and all manner of evil that have taken root in our land.

“Now that IPOB has come to realise that this alien practice of keeping the dead on land rather than committing it to mother earth has had a very negative impact on our people and upon our land, it has therefore become very imperative to urge our people to revert to the old practices that had very positive effects upon our well-being, both spiritually and otherwise.

“After some thorough investigation, we have come to the realisation that all the reasons given by our people which caused the unnecessary delay in burying our dead within a short period are neither cogent nor important enough.”

Source: https:///IPOB-Finges-Traditional-Practices-Behind-Ndigbo-Problems

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by DispatcherLagos: 10:56pm On Aug 24, 2022
grin
IPOB should rather fight death in other to prevent Igbos from dying hence averting this nonesense....but I guess Emma Powerful is very Powerless to do that

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by Christistruth00: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
Rubbish!!!

As if the Burial of Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents was not a huge Carnival

IPOB are the Mother’s and Father’s of Moral Decadence in the East

IPOB even revived Cannibalism by mentoring their members on the eating of dead Corpses of their Murdered Victims

IPOB must have stolen the Speach from one of their unfortunate Victims

and after eating his body they must have thought it was a good idea to publish his speech which they

May have found in his pocket

It is because of Igbos evil activities that the Mortuaries in the SE are full of dead bodies

Emma Powerfullyuseless that We heard impregnated his own 15 year old first Cousin wants to Teach Moral Values

Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by ImperialYoruba: 10:57pm On Aug 24, 2022
I hope Lagos State is listening.

Bring out all ibo dead bodies sitting for months in mortuary and burn them so we dont end like alaibo.
Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by DispatcherLagos: 11:00pm On Aug 24, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Bring out all ibo dead bodies sitting for months in mortuary and burn them so we dont end like alaibo.
And I hope you and your family members will go and take their place in the mortuary when they are burnt?

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by ZUKKYY(m): 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2022
Way to go
Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:11pm On Aug 24, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

Chai ...

when I see migrants from ilorin and mostly lokoja especially those ones currently in Benin republic as refugees brag about trashy things..and forming lagos

Overjoy and laugh wan kee me die..

3 Likes

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by paramakina202: 11:25pm On Aug 24, 2022
IPOB/ESN are collecting huge amount of money from grieving families before they are allowed to bury a dead relative in areas they control.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by Christistruth00: 11:29pm On Aug 24, 2022
paramakina202:
IPOB/ESN are collecting huge amount of money from grieving families before they are allowed to bury a dead relative in areas they control.

I heard IPOB sometimes collect as much as N3 Million before allowing funerals to take place in the SE

Very wicked Human Beings

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by Proudlyomonna: 11:34pm On Aug 24, 2022
Christistruth00:
Rubbish!!!

As if the Burial of Nnamdi Kanu’s Parents was not a huge Carnival

IPOB are the Mother’s and Father’s of Moral Decadence in the East

IPOB even revived Cannibalism by mentoring their members on the eating of dead Corpses of their Murdered Victims

IPOB must have stolen the Speach from one of their unfortunate Victims

and after eating his body they must have thought it was a good idea to publish his speech which they

May have found in his pocket

It is because of Igbos evil activities that the Mortuaries in the SE are full of dead bodies

Emma Powerfullyuseless that We heard impregnated his own 15 year old first Cousin wants to Teach Moral Values

Hmmmmm

Only thieves, criminals,thugs, cultist see such thieves claiming freedom fighters like Emma powerless,simon Ekpa,DOS, Chinaza as worthy people to follow.
Close your eyes and imagine ndi di ka Arthur Eze, Pascal Dozie, E money, Chimamanda, Obi Ekwesili, Innosson,Obi Cubana, Kanu Nwakwo, Pete Edochie and the millions of Nwafors support such destructive oppressive ipob scam struggle, undecided
Ipob na scam.
I stand with Peter Obi.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by paramakina202: 11:43pm On Aug 24, 2022
Christistruth00:

I heard IPOB sometimes collect as much as N3 Million before allowing funerals to take place in the SE

Very wicked Human Beings

That evil group are capable of anything.Some communities in Orlu areas can't even bury their dead relatives because they are afraid to come back home due to ESN/UGM actiivities.

1 Like

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by M4A1carbine: 11:44pm On Aug 24, 2022
Thread opened by a miscreant...and instant reponses by fellow miscreants...who Fulani herdsmen are killing by the day.

What a race of cowards dedicated to being slaves to fuulishness and cowardice.

ESN IS IPOB..AND THEY ARE FORMIDABLE...even Fulani herdsmen dey collect wotowoto!!

No time for nonsense agbadorian fuulishness from Afonjanestern...spits

Is is true that in the Picture below:

Seated is the EMIR OF ILORIN
kneeling: Is an OBA in Kwara State?

How can a foreigner LORD itself over your ancestral land??

This is sacrilegious...spits

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by adenigga(m): 11:46pm On Aug 24, 2022
Proudlyomonna:

Only thieves, criminals,thugs, cultist see such thieves claiming freedom fighters like Emma powerless,simon Ekpa,DOS, Chinaza as worthy people to follow.
Close your eyes and imagine ndi di ka Arthur Eze, Pascal Dozie, E money, Chimamanda, Obi Ekwesili, Innosson,Obi Cubana, Kanu Nwakwo, Pete Edochie and the millions of Nwafors support such destructive oppressive ipob scam struggle, undecided
Ipob na scam.
I stand with Peter Obi.

Confirmed! You are on point!!

I doff my Hat......

Re: IPOB Fingers Traditional Practices Behind Ndigbo Problems by M4A1carbine: 11:51pm On Aug 24, 2022
LOVE THESE GUYS ...

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Should I Vote Obi Because He's A Catholic Christian? / Sorry, Ffk, Pdp Has No Food For The Lazy - Dino Melaye / To All Liquor Lovers...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.