Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,922 members, 7,835,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Continuing In Sin After Believing In Jesus - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Continuing In Sin After Believing In Jesus (304 Views)

What Happens When A Believer "Dies In Sin"? A Biblical Exposition Of What Sin Is / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? / Did Apostle Paul Struggle With Sin After He Got Saved According To Romans 7:18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Continuing In Sin After Believing In Jesus by ochibuogwu5: 2:28pm On Aug 25, 2022
For those teaching that the sin a person commits after believing in Jesus whether confessed or not, does not make you a sinner:

How can a person dead to sin produce sin ? Jesus said *whoever commits sin is a slave to sin* and a slave does not have *a permanent position in the household (Eternal-life in Christ/Heaven/GOD-HEAD)* (John 8:34-35).

If the people who receive the new creation life *cannot walk in holiness and righteousness consistently and progressively by faith as Jesus walked on earth* then *Jesus never walked in holiness and righteousness consistently and progressively while he lived on this earth* because *it is His life that He transferred into believers* thus "As many as RECEIVED HIM gave He power to become the Sons of God even to them that believe on His name" (John 1:12).

Galatians 2:18 For if I build again the things(the flesh) which I destroyed(in the death I died in Union with Jesus on the Cross by faith), I make myself a transgressor.

You cannot be having a tomatoes seed and be producing guava fruits thus "Jesus declared whatever is born of the flesh is flesh, whatever is born of the Spirit is spirit" (John 3:6).

The same letter of St John chapter 3 declares "whoever is born of God does not sin".

Forgiveness of God is available for anyone who recognises and receives by faith the effects of Jesus finished works on the Cross of Calvary but *any time, you sin, you have used your free-will to walk-away from your Sonship in Christ back to the flesh* hence when you are ready to respond to the Holy Spirit convicting of your guilt and pointing you to the Cross then He is willing and ready to restore us(1 John 1:7-9).

There is a provision from yielding to the crushing power of Jesus death on the Cross of Calvary fresh each second in this new creation life by faith and conscious fellowship with the Holy Spirit that enables Christ to consistently and progressively both will and do His good pleasures through our frail mortal bodies(Phil.2:12-13) thus Jesus declared Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him *deny himself*, and *take up his cross daily, and follow me.* 9:24 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: but whosoever will lose his life for my sake, the same shall save it.

AND
Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. 14:27 And *whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple*.

AND
John 8:31 Then said Jesus to those Jews *which believed on him*, *If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;* 8:32 And *ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free*.

And Paul confirms it thus 2 Corinthians 4:10 *Always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our body*. 4:11 For we which live are alway delivered unto death for Jesus' sake, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in our mortal flesh. 4:12 So then *death worketh in us, but life in you*.

If the sin that we commit after our 1st confession as believers does not matter to the GOD-HEAD why would Jesus reveal HIMSELF to John the apostle in the book of revelations where *He was warning and threatening the church(believers)* and *not unbelievers* that if they do not repent from various sins and faults and lukewarmness, He will come and take away their lamps and those who persevere to the end will be permitted to eat from the tree of life in Heaven (Revelations 1-3) ?

May the Holy Spirit show us mercy and help us to receive the revelations of the Cross especially as it pertains to the practical experience and expressions of consistent and progressive fruits of righteousness by faith inside Jesus Christ Crucified. Amen.

1 Like

Re: Continuing In Sin After Believing In Jesus by Youngwiz71(m): 2:35pm On Aug 25, 2022
Amen
Re: Continuing In Sin After Believing In Jesus by ochibuogwu5: 11:09am On Aug 26, 2022
We are born-again by the incorruptible seed *of the LIVING/ACTIVE WORD OF GOD* (1 Peter 1:23)

(1) (Reply)

Pray For Me / Popular Nairaland Pastor righteousness89 Was Spotted In Church Praying / Was Aything In The Bible Changed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.