Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,314 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin (8102 Views)

FG To Remove State Of Origin / Numbers Of Federal Workers By State Of Origin-- Bureau Of Public Service / Opinion: Our Government Should Remove "STATE OF ORIGIN" In Filling Forms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by macayub(m): 6:52pm On Aug 08, 2011
This is abolishment of True Federalism. You want people to loose their identity, This will not work, GEJ
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by sbeezy8: 6:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
dont know people are makin a big deal unless your a minority
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by jumobi1(m): 6:58pm On Aug 08, 2011
This would be bad for States like Lagos/PH. Basically any state doing well.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by DeepSight(m): 7:14pm On Aug 08, 2011
9jaganja:

Did Nigeria solely depend on Lagos to transport it's goods?

Did Nigeria gain from Lagos?

600billion a year on sea port in lagos alone

Did Lagos develop Nigeria? Yes!!

Even though it was FCT, it owes Nigeria nothing! it wasn't a Yoruba man that made it FCT,

If Nigeria is to pay back how much Lagos has paid into Nigeria, I don't think me and you will be here, I'll probably be in Dubai negotiating to buy the burj Khalifa grin grin grin grin,

I just don't want anyone to think Lagos owes it's development to Nigeria, Nigeria owes huge chunk of it's financial health (no matter how small) to Lagos!!

My dear, it seems you have misconceived the issue. i dont think i said anything about anybody owing anybody. Nobody can change the fact that Lagos is a product of Nigeria's history. Same with Abuja - this does not take away the rights and cultural pride of the original indigenes in either places. There is a tribe that are the original indigenes of Abuja, you know?

As far as I recall, the simple issue is the right to naturalize within your place of residence anywhere within the country.

As far as I know, that right already exists under the current Nigerian system.

Simple.

So just calm down with the tribal paranoia.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by NegroNtns(m): 7:23pm On Aug 08, 2011
Deep,

'Need to start addressing Bluetooth with his full title.
Ikemba Bluetooth.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 7:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
Deep Sight:

My dear, it seems you have misconceived the issue. i dont think i said anything about anybody owing anybody. Nobody can change the fact that Lagos is a product of Nigeria's history. Same with Abuja - this does not take away the rights and cultural pride of the original indigenes in either places. There is a tribe that are the original indigenes of Abuja, you know?

As far as I recall, the simple issue is the right to naturalize within your place of residence anywhere within the country.

As far as I know, that right already exists under the current Nigerian system.

Simple.

So just calm down with the tribal paranoia.

Why do you keep lying or you don't know? Lagos was existing before Nigeria,  Yes Lagos was called Lagos before the fake union was named Nigeria,  So chronologically, Nigeria is a product of Lagos' history tongue tongue tongue tongue True talk!!!

Oyinbo got access into Nigeria through the sea angry angry angry

Yes I know there are natives of Abuja and they shouldn't be over ran by vultures pretending to be looking for greener pasture when all they have in their heads is "rule" what's wrong with your home? Go develop your home and make it the pride of your people! Bring all Igbos together or which ever tribe you are, build a city as united Igbo fortress!! No matter what happens tomorrow, Yorubas are happy Lagos is successful and still growing!! it is a united home of a glorious people,  We owe Nigeria and Nigerians nadda!!!! If they all pack their investments and leave, We will bring in Yorubas in the Caribbean to live here lol,  At least those ones are proudly Yoruba not a "why can't we rule" people lol!!!!!

hahhahah chill deepsight,  You are always welcome in Lagos!!
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Nobody: 7:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

Deep,

'Need to start addressing Bluetooth with his full title.
Ikemba Bluetooth.

Lmao
haba wait till the passage of the bill b4 you start addressing moi besides we never do chieftancy coronation !
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by kofoshi: 8:25pm On Aug 08, 2011
Feeling Naijaganja, yeah, she's feeling the boy yeah,

OLEKU!!! grin
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by member479760: 8:43pm On Aug 08, 2011
i hope the tin work. we are negas with common problems. this is 21st century!
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Binutiri(m): 9:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
Genocide, here it comes, To be sincere Igbo has been in Lagos for ages  contributed commercially ,socially,economically all over nigeria, It is ridiculous that A yoruba to be a militant in Bayelsa , Claiming Ogoni land likewise ijaw or Igboman in Eko ile, Eko ile belongs and will be Yoruba homeland,
The bill will go long way even can affects Royal rites as well, it means An igboman will be contesting for Oba of lagos, hahhahhahha, even Emir of sokoto or Kano, hmmmm, i want to ask anyone this question, Can a visitor walk into your home and say' i want to rule your Family'?, pls this is not about tribes but a rightful thinker , even in western world you can not Just come and decided to be a king of England or even Prime minister in England,
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by PointB: 9:18pm On Aug 08, 2011
Binutiri:

Genocide, here it comes, To be sincere Igbo has been in Lagos for ages  contributed commercially ,socially,economically all over nigeria, It is ridiculous that A yoruba to be a militant in Bayelsa , Claiming Ogoni land likewise ijaw or Igboman in Eko ile, Eko ile belongs and will be Yoruba homeland,
The bill will go long way even can affects Royal rites as well, it means An igboman will be contesting for Oba of lagos, hahhahhahha, even Emir of sokoto or Kano, hmmmm, i want to ask anyone this question, Can a visitor walk into your home and say' i want to rule your Family'?, pls this is not about tribes but a rightful thinker , even in western world you can not Just come and decided to be a king of England or even Prime minister in England,

The bolded does not apply. Those position are not electable. They are traditional institution. No one is contesting for Obi of Onitsha, Oba of Lagos, or Emir of Kano. Quit your paranoia.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by KnowAll(m): 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2011
[b]The problem with a lot of people on this forum regarding this topic and thread is we focus too much at d biggest prize (State Governorship) in a state when we should be focusing  on other lesser accolades that are achievable. Most of us in real life how many of very close friends come from our Towns & Cities let alone our state, very few. What this law would do is if someone like me ever becomes Governor of my state which is Ondo, all those lads I grew up with in Ibadan who come from every part of old western region and those I know in England who come from all over Nigeria can be guranteed a stake in my goverment in Ondo State.

The old argument of why am I appointing a Bayelsa man as my SSG would not come to play so long d Bayelsa man has lived in Ondo State for 6 months. What d new law gurantees is that I could have 12 or 15 Commisioners and none of them might even be an indigenous Ondo State person, that I would say is a welcome development, it means I would be able to solicit d best hands without the added hindrance of checking or verifying their state of origin so long they are all Nigerians.

[/b]
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by kofoshi: 9:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
Finally, Yorubas are waking up and our youths are saying "enough is enough".

I see an uprising; a revolution!

Lagos would be cleansed and restored to its rightful owners.

You can only boast for so long; you can only call us cowards for so long. I like that our youths are awakening to the wickedness of the neighbour within.

They wish Lagos no good, they want to dominate and we must not allow it!
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Onlytruth(m): 11:10pm On Aug 08, 2011
Posted by: kofoshi

You can only boast for so long; you can only call us cowards for so long. I like that our youths are awakening to the wickedness of the neighbour within.

[size=14pt]“As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities.” -Voltaire[/size]

My friend, what is your REAL username here? You coward! You don't even have the guts to use your original username. undecided
In any case, be careful what you wish for. If the law passes, (which I'm sure it will since reasonable folks are tired of a fake nation), then I say BRING IT ON.  cool
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 11:16pm On Aug 08, 2011
kofoshi:

In simple terms kofoshi, U ARE A FOOL. angry
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by T9ksy(m): 11:19pm On Aug 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

In any case, be careful what you wish for. If the law passes, (which I'm sure it will since reasonable folks are tired of a fake nation), then I say BRING IT ON.  cool

Do you truly believe an igbo man will ever be governor of a sharia state like zamfara or kadunna?
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Sike(m): 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2011
macayub:

This is abolishment of True Federalism. You want people to loose their identity, This will not work, GEJ
Na Total Failure!.
macayub:

Na Total Failure!.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Onlytruth(m): 11:22pm On Aug 08, 2011
Posted by: T9ksy

Do you truly believe an igbo man will ever be governor of a sharia state like zamfara or kadunna?

I hate replying  question with another question but I would do so here.
Do you think I care whether aboki became the governor of Anambra state, or whether Igbo man became the governor of Sokoto state?
Mehn I need LIGHT, WATER, ROADS, HEALTHCARE, FOOD. undecided
I don't care who provides them.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by kofoshi: 11:29pm On Aug 08, 2011
Bliss4Lyfe:

In simple terms kofoshi, U ARE A FOOL. angry

. . .and you can tell because YOU ARE A NINCOMPOP!!!
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by T9ksy(m): 11:34pm On Aug 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

I hate replying question with another question but I would do so here.
Do you think I care whether aboki became the governor of Anambra state, or [b]whether Igbo man became the governor of Sokoto state?[/b]Mehn I need LIGHT, WATER, ROADS, HEALTHCARE, FOOD. undecided
I don't care who provides them.

Its inconsequential what you care about in this context but you (and i both) know that the bolded portion of your post will never materialise.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by kofoshi: 11:36pm On Aug 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

Posted by: kofoshi
[size=14pt]“As long as people believe in absurdities, they will continue to commit atrocities.” -Voltaire[/size]

My friend, what is your REAL username here? You coward! You don't even have the guts to use your original username. undecided
In any case, be careful what you wish for. If the law passes, (which I'm sure it will since reasonable folks are tired of a fake nation), then I say BRING IT ON.  cool

Cowardice is synonymous only to creatures from your fibres. I don't hide behind another username to say what I have to say. I am not Andre Uweh who goes under the guise of Ngodigha or even you!
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Onlytruth(m): 11:38pm On Aug 08, 2011
^^

I just read that you are "desola" the male masquerading as a female.
Again what is your REAL username here?
Coward.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by deekay29(m): 11:42pm On Aug 08, 2011
Una dey vex for here, see all the abuse una dey troway for here.
Big ups to the people wey don dey live funny posts for us to read and laff, i love Nairaland.

But as for me, wetin eva dem one do i wan remain ibo for live, Anambra no dey carry last for anything; dem no dey call me deekay gburu gburu for notn.

IBO SWAG FOR LIVE, NOTN MEGA
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Onlytruth(m): 11:43pm On Aug 08, 2011

Its inconsequential what you care about in this context but you (and i both) know that the bolded portion of your post will never materialise.

Like I said before, I DON'T CARE.
In my book, only weak folks are afraid of this law. If you believe you are strong enough to maintain whatever you want, then, why raise irrelevant "issues"?

This law will help Nigeria really try to become one nation. I had wanted to secede because I believed that those who fought against my fathers in Biafra is not serious about nation building; did not know what they were fighting for.

I'm really happy about this because truth is finally coming out in Nigeria.  cool
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by T9ksy(m): 11:55pm On Aug 08, 2011
Onlytruth:

In my book, only weak folks are afraid of this law. If you believe you are strong enough to maintain whatever you want, then, why raise irrelevant "issues"?

This law will help Nigeria really try to become one nation. I had wanted to secede because I believed that those who fought against my fathers in Biafra is not serious about nation building; did not know what they were fighting for.

I'm really happy about this because truth is finally coming out in Nigeria. cool

Okay, keep deluding yourself o.

I can wait to see an igboman (an infidel) become governor of zamfara state.

That surely, will be the day.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Obiagu1(m): 12:02am On Aug 09, 2011
Only the weak complain and cry foul about this law.
And guess where the complaints and cries are coming from? From Yorubas.

This law will make Nigeria a jungle where the strong survive, the most talented excel and the weak blend into the system. Egos and loud mouths seal their lips.

Bring the law on and let the true and strong Nigerians, a special breed, emerge.

Onlytruth:

I'm really happy about this because truth is finally coming out in Nigeria.  cool
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Onlytruth(m): 12:07am On Aug 09, 2011
Posted by: Obiagu1

Only the weak complain and cry foul about this law.
And guess where the complain and cries are coming from? From Yorubas.

This law will make Nigeria a jungle where the strong survive, the most talented excel and the weak blend into the system. Egos and loud mouths seal their lips.

Bring the law on and let the true and strong Nigerians, a special breed, emerge.

Bulls-eye!

The bolded summarizes it all. cool
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by NegroNtns(m): 12:16am On Aug 09, 2011
I would like to have a list of Yoruba members that vote in favor of ths law. They will be the first in line of fire.

Oro die l'anso f'omoluabi, to ba de nu ad'odindi.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Obiagu1(m): 12:18am On Aug 09, 2011
Negro_Ntns:

I would like to have a list of Yoruba members that vote in favor of ths law. They will be the first in line of fire.

Oro die l'anso f'omoluabi, to ba de nu ad'odindi.

You are really a woman with a d.i.c.k.
Loud mouth, talkative, bit.chy but above all a COWARD!
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by T9ksy(m): 12:22am On Aug 09, 2011
Okay, we shall see.

I can tell you for a fact, that it will never happen in my region.

And neither will it happen in the north.

The hausa/fulanis will shish kebab your "strong and talented" greedy ars.es first before such an abomination transpire in their homeland.

Over to you, jonathan. Bring the law on and watch the whole country go up in smoke.

If you guys want another civil war, then surely you shall have it.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by NegroNtns(m): 12:34am On Aug 09, 2011
Where are the anti-tribal advocates?

This type of comment is what they should be fighting to eradicate, not people with pride in their culture.
Re: Constitution: Fg Set To Remove State Of Origin by Obiagu1(m): 12:37am On Aug 09, 2011
T9ksy:

Okay, we shall see.

I can tell you for a fact, that it will never happen in my region.

And neither will it happen in the north.

The hausa/fulanis will shish kebab your "strong and talented" greedy ars.es first before such an abomination transpire in their homeland.

Over to you, jonathan. Bring the law on and watch the whole country go up in smoke.

If you guys want another civil war, then surely you shall have it.

Lmao!
I thought the Yoruba are tough. With all your big mouth, you are still the ones so scared of losing out in a more organised Nigeria. With all your Nigeria is Yoruba bla bla bla.

A beg make we hear word. The law most come to pass.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ministers Unhappy With President’s Directive To Cooperate With Okonjo-Iweala / Photo : Beware!!! See The Strange Thing Now Occuring In Lagos / Ibori's Wife Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.