Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,213 members, 7,815,238 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:28 AM

Benefits Of Traveling Away From Your Family. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Benefits Of Traveling Away From Your Family. (471 Views)

Cost Of Traveling From Lagos To Other States In Nigeria| Co-tenant / Cost Of Traveling To Australia / Cost Of Traveling From Nigeria To Ghana (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Benefits Of Traveling Away From Your Family. by HealerH: 5:43pm On Aug 25, 2022
This is a personal reply to the topic: "Why is no one talking about this in Nigeria?"
https://www.nairaland.com/7296953/why-no-one-talking-nigeria

It is good the author didn't criminalize the cause of emigration outside of Nigeria which is the bad economy. Nigeria is currently having an economic crisis and people need to take care of their families.
The problem the author pointed out was the communal relationship of families that emigration affects and the laudatif significance Nigerians are giving to the "Japa" trend.

According to the author, family members suddenly lost their family bond after being separated for a long time. Secondly, traveling outside of Nigeria these days is something Nigerians boast about... Some even give testimony at their churches when they are granted Visas or when they get residential permit in their new country.

But I have my own opinion.
I've been separated from my family for years and I've lived outside of Nigeria. But I can tell you that being away from my family and my culture made me value and cherich them the more.
Almost everyone I know who have lived away from their families for a long time have my type of opinion. I don't need a lot of argument to convince you that familiarity builds "see finish" and disrespect. When you're rare to people, they value you.

I am of the opinion that people who have family problems after one member of the family travels away to another country are simply pouring out a sequence of a problem they used to have when that member was around. Distance for me can never make you lose your affection for someone. Au contraire... Except if there's a change in personality after the separation.

Now this is another personal opinion. I don't live for my family alone. I live for humanity first... If my family members are humane, then I'll live for them. Thank God they're humane.

So I'm not scared of being separated from my family. I'm only scared of being separated from humanity.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Traveling Away From Your Family. by amzee(m): 6:16pm On Aug 25, 2022
Following
Re: Benefits Of Traveling Away From Your Family. by 1stGenAmerican(f): 2:48am On Aug 26, 2022
Excellent expressions.
Re: Benefits Of Traveling Away From Your Family. by krissconnect(m): 3:36am On Aug 26, 2022
Nice. What I deduced from the previous post was out of sheer disdain for Nigerians moving abroad. I wonder why someone will be so angry that Nigerians wanna better their life by searching for greener pastures abroad. I wonder why someone will be making all sorts of post from different angles to discourage Nigerians from moving abroad. Witchcraft? Maybe.

1 Like

Re: Benefits Of Traveling Away From Your Family. by Warmaterial(m): 4:08am On Aug 26, 2022
krissconnect:
Nice. What I deduced from the previous post was out of sheer disdain for Nigerians moving abroad. I wonder why someone will be so angry that Nigerians wanna better their life by searching for greener pastures abroad. I wonder why someone will be making all sorts of post from different angles to discourage Nigerians from moving abroad. Witchcraft? Maybe.
hahaha lol!!!! Na people wey dia family dey benefit from the nonsense government dey talk trash against the 'japa' movement...

(1) (Reply)

Uk Accommodation For Couple Without Kids / Travel UK Dependant Visa / Japa: Nigerians Received 325,000 From 3 Million Visas Granted In 2022, Says UK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.