Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,835 members, 7,820,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:48 AM

How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? (3749 Views)

How Can I Make Money As A Web Developer? / 13 Best Techniques To Earn Money As A Web Developer In 2021 / How Can I Make Payment For Any Udemy Course With My Credit Card? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Fourpockets: 11:36pm On Aug 26, 2022
jesmond3945:
We should not project our insecurities on people. The sky is big for everyone. Passion and money are both important motivators. To be frank if there was no money involved in tech. the people shouting passion might leave it ln the future. Even the guys who designed the language were sponsored even up to the boxers they wear. Bill gate who had the passion his mum gave him millions. Infact bill gate was from a very rich home. My dear owute dont know what is passion. Op yes even with the little you know you can monetize.

This is a lazy mindset to be honest, the Indian CEO of Google wasn't making money when Google first started.

One of the few reasons I say Nigerians will never be able to compete with Indians when it comes to tech cos most of them don't have this mindset

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Xenegies27: 11:46pm On Aug 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Yeah but in Nigeria it's almost impossible. If it was abroad with just html and css you could even be a html email developer.

Boss please is this system OK for programming Dell Precision M4500
8Gb Ram, 500GB HDD, Core i7 Octa core 1GB dedicated graphics card. Windows 11.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
Xenegies27:

Boss please is this system OK for programming Dell Precision M4500
8Gb Ram, 500GB HDD, Core i7 Octa core 1GB dedicated graphics card. Windows 11.

Yeah it is. Install Linux when you get it. It's sufficient.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Xenegies27: 11:52pm On Aug 26, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Thanks boss hoping to start making money as you do from tech soon.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Emeraldfynest(m): 1:05am On Aug 27, 2022
Hi, good morning. Please if you don't mind I would love to connect with you. I'm a UI/UX Designer looking to network with more people in the Tech space cheesy cheesy
Ayinke93:

Stay motivated and keep learning. Money can come in about a year depending on how much work you put. follow @TheManOfTheYear and see how he did it and how much work he put in. Money is a great motivator and don't let anyone laugh at you,
I know one thing I did early own when I started was to go to platforms like fiver and upwork and see the required skills for gigs there. It motivated me to learn more and improve myself. All the best.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by DaInferno(m): 5:36am On Aug 27, 2022
airsaylongcome:

It's nice to be ambitious. But it's also wise to moderate that ambition. If I asked you to explain the following would you be able to?

càt /vár/lög/mäilög | grëp -i test
the people doing it must be gods then, I want to believe everyone starts from somewhere. Babies suck at speaking a language until they become pro's one day.

I honestly don't want anyone telling me to be "wise"- in other words, I should forget about it!?
I'm looking for someone to profer a solution, how can it be done, what are the right steps to follow, is there something I should learn before even thinking about cybersecurity?
That's the energy I need- and NO, I cannot explain what càt /vár/lög/mäilög | grëp -i test is. So explain
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by DaInferno(m): 6:05am On Aug 27, 2022
Fourpockets:

This is a lazy mindset to be honest, the Indian CEO of Google wasn't making money when Google first started.

One of the few reasons I say Nigerians will never be able to compete with Indians when it comes to tech cos most of them don't have this mindset
...but he knew he would make money oneday. See ehn, a whole lot of countries wouldn't ne able to compete with Indians both health and tech wise: its there forte- na wetin God give them be that. Besides, they have good tutors who motivate their desires, even the US sorts after them. So it's no longer a question of singling Nigeria out in that context.
That being said, I really don't understand why you're totally condemning making money. People want to be able to pay bills and thus looking for probable ways to make that come through. All these mansplaining isn't really necessary atimes. BE A PROCTOR

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by jesmond3945: 6:08am On Aug 27, 2022
Fourpockets:

Your first paragraph is a big and fat lie. Why do you think the founders of google dropped out of school?
Elon musk was 18 when he sold his first tech startup for 400 million dollars. The next day he ordered a lambo for 1 million dollars. The founder of laravel drives a million dollar lambo, or is it jordan the founder of react. Do you know we have thoudands of web frameworks, the founders are all big boys. Continue eating your passion while they pour you dirty water with their lambo.
As for indians, indians dont do anything that would not benefit them. The only people i know that do tech for passion is the chinese and the germans.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by jesmond3945: 6:38am On Aug 27, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Lol! Did you see the word "Consultant" there? Do you know what it connotes? And about the bolded, loads of people had been in tech long before it became lucrative. When people looked at tech folks as fraudsters. So no, money or no money, passionate people often stay.
My dear go and do your research. Even during the times of transistors powered computers, the american govt were pumping billions into the tech space.
Even the people with passion, go and ask them. Only to pitch your idea, they would drop bar for you. Everyday here they sing it like music. Billions lying fallow. Even the passion you are talking about you need light, water,food, transport is it passion that would pay for all these?
The guy saying he has been coding since ss2 but yet to make money, i pity you. Wetin dey do you na impostor syndrome.
Yes, the title is consultant. If Op can prove himself, they would give him the job. Oyinbo believe in showing all working

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:37am On Aug 27, 2022
Fourpockets:

Sundai pinchai started as a product manager at google and was making over 300k USD per annum. Google was already a multi billion dollar company when he joined.

And also just because you have passion for something doesn't mean you will be good at it. People with very high IQ who got into programming for the money will be ten times better programmers than you who did it for passion. If you know the kind code people dey write eh you go fear grin

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by qtguru(m): 8:52am On Aug 27, 2022
Fourpoints you are right, personally, I have passion and never think about the money, but the older I have grown, even with passion, I think it's also good to think about the money part too. Linus tovarld is my mentor because he has the foresight for solving a problem, but at the end of the day, he is also good at managing the business aspect of it

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 9:02am On Aug 27, 2022
DaInferno:
the people doing it must be gods then, I want to believe everyone starts from somewhere. Babies suck at speaking a language until they become pro's one day.

I honestly don't want anyone telling me to be "wise"- in other words, I should forget about it!?
I'm looking for someone to profer a solution, how can it be done, what are the right steps to follow, is there something I should learn before even thinking about cybersecurity?
That's the energy I need- and NO, I cannot explain what càt /vár/lög/mäilög | grëp -i test is. So explain

Therein lies the difference. You want someone to sit down and give you pointers when I already gave you pointers in my post. But because you see my post as an attack on you, you have failed to see the pointer. Like I said prior, it's nice to be ambitious. It's also wise to moderate that ambition
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Fourpockets: 9:25am On Aug 27, 2022
jesmond3945:

My dear go and do your research. Even during the times of transistors powered computers, the american govt were pumping billions into the tech space.
Even the people with passion, go and ask them. Only to pitch your idea, they would drop bar for you. Everyday here they sing it like music. Billions lying fallow. Even the passion you are talking about you need light, water,food, transport is it passion that would pay for all these?
The guy saying he has been coding since ss2 but yet to make money, i pity you. Wetin dey do you na impostor syndrome.
Yes, the title is consultant. If Op can prove himself, they would give him the job. Oyinbo believe in showing all working

You think it's easy to code and study at school at the same time undecided
I've been on and off this coding since 2019, this is the longest I've ever had sef, due to the ASUU strike

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by jesmond3945: 9:33am On Aug 27, 2022
Fourpockets:

You think it's easy to code and study at school at the same time undecided
I've been on and off this coding since 2019, this is the longest I've ever had sef, due to the ASUU strike
my brother if you are comfortable with your knowledge so far throw your dragnet jare. The real world or on the job programming is different from just learning. Some jobs they would even retrain you. Even in google they have their own in house frameworks and languages. Applying for jobs is a skill on its own.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by RepoMan007: 9:52am On Aug 27, 2022
spartan117:
I've seen some of your posts on this forum, you come across as insecure when ever you come across newbies trying to break into tech. Is everything ok with you?
The poster only asked to know if what he or she has learnt so far can be monitize yet or at what stage is it monitizable. Those user accounts that condemn outrightly are well known. I believe the poster will read threads and observe them close enough to be guided and remain motivated.

My advise to the poster is to keep going. That someone somewhere says nonsense doesn't change the fact that OP is on the right path. Learn HTML and CSS and relearn them to master them then move onto JavaScript briefly before you major on JQuery. JQuery is simply a JS library that simplifies most of the headaches of pure JS coding. It gives you multibrowser compatible code in a single line form. It does most of the if, if..else, and conditional logic of pure JS for you. Keep at it. Once in a while post your practice work for appraisal on public forum like this. It may attract stupid comments from hate filled souls along but will show you better way to work.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Tobdek: 9:58am On Aug 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Mine has almost the same specifications except that it's a Core i5. Why did you tell him to install Linux if I may ask?
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:08am On Aug 27, 2022
Tobdek:
Mine has almost the same specifications except that it's a Core i5. Why did you tell him to install Linux if I may ask?

The computer is too old and will have problems running current applications. Linux isn't heavy on memory like windows and it's manageable with that operating system. Its a system from 2010. That's 12 years ago.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Tobdek: 10:09am On Aug 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

The computer is too old and will have problems running current applications. Linux isn't heavy on memory like windows and it's manageable with that operating system. Its a system from 2010. That's 12 years ago.
Thanks boss
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by tensazangetsu20(m): 10:09am On Aug 27, 2022
jesmond3945:
my brother if you are comfortable with your knowledge so far throw your dragnet jare. The real world or on the job programming is different from just learning. Some jobs they would even retrain you. Even in google they have their own in house frameworks and languages. Applying for jobs is a skill on its own.

Not just applying even interviewing and getting a programming job is a seperate skillset from learning programming or working as a programmer.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Dian33: 10:28am On Aug 27, 2022
Impressive
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Dian33: 10:29am On Aug 27, 2022
Great
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by jesmond3945: 11:26am On Aug 27, 2022
tensazangetsu20:

Not just applying even interviewing and getting a programming job is a seperate skillset from learning programming or working as a programmer.
yes my boss
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by jesmond3945: 11:30am On Aug 27, 2022
https://www.nairaland.com/7100014/job-hunting-experiences-junior-developer/12#116102911

Sombody on this thread used one week to learn a framework and got a job. There is no template to this thing. I am no longer an authority in this programming matter abeg.
Meanwhile guys check out this job site otta dot com is very good with testimonies.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by DaInferno(m): 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Therein lies the difference. You want someone to sit down and give you pointers when I already gave you pointers in my post. But because you see my post as an attack on you, you have failed to see the pointer. Like I said prior, it's nice to be ambitious. It's also wise to moderate that ambition
still vague... can you listen to yourself speak, would you take your advice if you were you? Oga, there are no pointers in this your comment or the previous one, NONE!
I cannot do anything with the Information you put out here. I asked if udemy was a great place to learn cybersecurity as a novice (or if real class would be better)

It would have been better if you had just skipped my comment. I Never heard anything in the world like "moderate ambition"

You say I was just sitting, but If I were just sitting, I wouldn't be looking for people in the "field who have the experience" on the subject to explain how I'd go about it. But as your head the hot, it's my ambition you're concerned about.

I asked a similar question on Great learning interactive section and a number from Texas called me yesterday, I didn't wanna pick cus I thought its one of these yahoo boys.

...lady simply explained what Cybersecurity was and the job opportunities over there in Texas. The way she explained it was too easy, and I know why because She wanted to tutor me for $1500/6months. That's a lady abroad using her own units to call me.

The point is someone Called me to explain something. But you, a fellow Local blackman like myself on this forum who I supposedly think has experience and would give insight is trying to berate me by making it seem like what I wanna study is for big boys or only the well-to-do of some sort... whatever it is, I don't know

I just needed more insight, shikina!

You wanna make it seem like it's not an attack but it is. I took my time to talk to you because your bad energy can be contagious.

I nearly weak as I see your discouraging comment. Anything other than the simple question I asked will not be replied.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by pellzy(m): 12:46pm On Aug 27, 2022
Congratulations on your learning journey, please learning JavaScript then you will be a frontend developer. Try to make friends with backend developer to, then you will be able to get client to offer a project.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 1:13pm On Aug 27, 2022
DaInferno:
still vague... can you listen to yourself speak, would you take your advice if you were you? Oga, there are no pointers in this your comment or the previous one, NONE!
I cannot do anything with the Information you put out here. I asked if udemy was a great place to learn cybersecurity as a novice (or if real class would be better)

It would have been better if you had just skipped my comment. I Never heard anything in the world like "moderate ambition"

You say I was just sitting, but If I were just sitting, I wouldn't be looking for people in the "field who have the experience" on the subject to explain how I'd go about it. But as your head the hot, it's my ambition you're concerned about.

I asked a similar question on Great learning interactive section and a number from Texas called me yesterday, I didn't wanna pick cus I thought its one of these yahoo boys.

...lady simply explained what Cybersecurity was and the job opportunities over there in Texas. The way she explained it was too easy, and I know why because She wanted to tutor me for $1500/6months. That's a lady abroad using her own units to call me.

The point is someone Called me to explain something. But you, a fellow Local blackman like myself on this forum who I supposedly think has experience and would give insight is trying to berate me by making it seem like what I wanna study is for big boys or only the well-to-do of some sort... whatever it is, I don't know

I just needed more insight, shikina!

You wanna make it seem like it's not an attack but it is. I took my time to talk to you because your bad energy can be contagious.

I nearly weak as I see your discouraging comment. Anything other than the simple question I asked will not be replied.

I literally put a basic Linux command in front of you. You cannot go anywhere in Cybersecurity without a very good grasp of Linux operating System. I put a very rudimentary Linux command in front of you. That was basically the equivalent of asking someone who says they want to be a neurosurgeon if they knew what a cell was. Any inquisitive mind would have googled that command as a first attempt. But no, you are running off saying I'm vague. I'm not. It was in plain sight. But do you bro. You will be a great Cybersecurity expert.

And oh, the "white-lady" that called you? That's a sales call. She was after your money and after her sales target. I'm neither. I am happy to help and guide folks especially if they are looking at other fields in tech other than dev. I'm not a Cybersecurity professional, let alone expert. But I have access to get you training materials (at my own cost) for one of the most valued Cybersecurity Certification, Certified Ethical Hacker. I've sent materials to a handful of folks in different parts of this country from Nairaland here. I don't hoard information. I enjoy getting others to learn. But there has to be a very basic inquisitiveness. But like I said earlier, do you. There's enough space in the "tech sky" for everyone. You will flourish in the same sky.

Edit: So you made a comment that "That's a lady abroad using her own units to call me."

No she did not use her airtime. She called you at company's expense. At almost next to nothing. It was a VOIP call which is the same as a whatsapp call. How do I know? I (in your words "a local Blackman" ) work as an Engineer for an American business providing such call solutions to other American businesses. It was near free, costing only a few kilobytes for the RTP audio. Less than a dollar. Phone calls aren't a big deal for Americans. They call like crazy.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by RepoMan007: 9:07pm On Aug 27, 2022
In Nigeria knowledge is for sale 90% of time. That's why Nairaland hustlers will derail threads in attempt to sell you their own knowledge or knowledge acquisition material. So sad.
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 27, 2022
RepoMan007:
In Nigeria knowledge is for sale 90% of time. That's why Nairaland hustlers will derail threads in attempt to sell you their own knowledge or knowledge acquisition material. So sad.

Zero sense!
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by RepoMan007: 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2022
GREATIGBOMAN:

Zero sense!
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2022
DaInferno:
the people doing it must be gods then, I want tobelieve everyone starts from somewhere. Babies suck at speaking a language until they become pro's one day.

That's the energy I need-and NO, I cannot explain what càt /vár/lög/mäillög | grëp -i test is. So explain

This is a basic Linux command that checks the mail log file for any and all occurrences of the word "test". (It has all those fancy dots so I avoid getting banned by the Nairaland bots.) In Cybersecurity, you'd need very advanced Linux knowledge to be able to first understand what the tools do and eventually use ( or develop your own) very powerful tools.

I asked this question to see if you had fundamental Linux knowledge which is the foundation for a career in Cybersecurity.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by airsaylongcome: 9:38pm On Aug 27, 2022
RepoMan007:

It's very sad. You ask a question on NL and responses are littered with "chat me up" or "email me". The sad thing is that the knowledge they have is half-baked and wishy-washy
Re: How Do I Make Money As A Web Developer? by jansonn(m): 8:47am On Aug 28, 2022
Ayinke93:

There's absolutely no reason to sound stupid and condescending. Yes he's asking how he can make money, that's a very valid motivation and he shouldn't be laughed at for that reason. Let's hope your own mere passion take you far and stop sounding like a retard*. If you are so scared of over saturation, ,maybe you should find professions like mountain climbing or underground mining. No one will compete with you there.
the guy is just a fool. dont waste your time responding to him. him and his passion can go F** themselves. I'm a doctor now, and passion didnt bring me this far. im also training as a frontend dev and passion wont do shit. hardwork and discipline is what is relevant.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

C Programming Challenge To Be Solved Under 10 Minutes / It's easy, learn a new tech skill. / Exception In Thread "main" NoclassDefFoundError; Class Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.