Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,517 members, 7,823,220 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:56 AM

Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi (38000 Views)

Fubara Must Go: Wike's Men Restrategjse, Insist On Impeachment Of Rivers Gov / Protest Rocks Abuja As Wike’s Men Crush 470 Motorcycles / David Hundeyin Takes A Swipe At Tinubu Over Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Ctorch: 6:29am On Aug 26, 2022
Ahead of the 2023 presidential election, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo is said to be canvassing support for Peter Obi

The former president is of the opinion that it is the turn of the southeast to be president and Obi is a competent politician
Obasanjo has also reached out to the Wike's camp in PDP, but associates of the Rivers governor reportedly prefers Bola Tinubu of APC

London - A report by Punch newspaper indicates that former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo has made a case for the Nyesom Wike-led faction of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) to support the Labour Party presidential candidate, Peter Obi, in the forthcoming 2023 general elections.

Confirming the meeting between Obasanjo and Wike on Thursday, August 25, a member of the Rivers governor’s camp, disclosed that the meeting was about the 2023 presidential election.

When asked by if there was a possibility of an Obi/Wike alliance, the source said:

“Obasanjo is working on that, but many of us (Wike’s camp) prefer Tinubu. Tinubu has a political structure and base. Although Obi is ‘Obidient’, he doesn’t have a structure and base. Obi’s candidacy will only rub off on the PDP’s stronghold.”

Another close associate of the Rivers state governor said Obasanjo hinged his support for Obi on the need for the southeast to produce the next president.

The source stated:

“You know Obasanjo; if he believes in something, he works for it. His presence at the meeting was to convince Wike to support Obi. He believes the Labour Party’s presidential candidate is competent.”

Veteran journalist condemns Nigerian politicians for meeting abroad
On her part, a veteran journalist and Chief Executive Officer of Arise TV, Ijeoma Nwogwuwgwu, has condemned Nigerian politicians for having meetings outside the country.

Sharing a picture of the Wike's PDP faction meeting the party's presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, Nwogwugwu wrote on her Instagram page:

“It is really disheartening that Nigerian politicians are jetting thousands of miles away to negotiate possible alliances. Couldn’t these meetings have all been held back home? More significantly, Peter Obi who has tried to sell himself as distinct from the rest, is no different.
“At the end of the day, it’s all about self-interest and not what is best for Nigeria. Sometimes, I often wonder why we kill ourselves and lose precious sleep over these politicians. They’re all the same…. Selfish, desperate, insincere, lying bunch.”

https://www.legit.ng/politics/1488282-2023-obasanjo-reportedly-lures-wikes-men-work-peter-obi/

49 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Staphylococcus: 6:30am On Aug 26, 2022
It’s logical!

No sane person will dump His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for a political minion like Peter.

Wike is in terms with reality and definitely wants a soft landing after leaving office. I do not expect him to descend so low to extent of affiliating with an orphanage turned political party.

What’s ahead is boldly written across Nigeria and glaring for all to see.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the next President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I can sure all good and patriotic citizens of Nigeria that the 2023 election will be the freest and fairest election in Africa, as Asiwaju does not have a viable and competent opposition.

I will use this same medium to plead with supporters of the fictional opposition, to make sure they continue to be “Obidient” after 2023 election results are announced, and take in good faith, the final outcome.

516 Likes 59 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Lawlab252: 6:31am On Aug 26, 2022
I see

1 Like

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Moh247: 6:32am On Aug 26, 2022
Tinubu was the first to arrive UK, Wike and Seyi Makinde flew In to meet him... Obi and Atiku went uninvited

392 Likes 24 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Ndibunna: 6:33am On Aug 26, 2022
Obasanjo has done best and still doing. The campaign continues to Aso rock.

Moreover I don't really know what Obi thinks he will get him. He should be a good student of history and solidify his campaign off Wike.

He is already winning and the structure is real.

121 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Pwettylinda(f): 6:33am On Aug 26, 2022
Staphylococcus:
It’s logical!

No sane person will dump His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for a political minion like Peter

You can't be in APC and not sound or look stupid.

If Wike has decided to join the fools well that's left for him

574 Likes 48 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Ndibunna: 6:35am On Aug 26, 2022
Staphylococcus:
It’s logical!

No sane person will dump His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for a political minion like Peter

Avoid anything that will be Parkinson syndrome to Nigeria. There are no Tinibu supporters in reality.

That's just the truth

375 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Lastmessenger2: 6:35am On Aug 26, 2022
Fake news from agbado munching,drug sniffing tinubu thugs.
Tell us another story, besides rivers people are not zombies to vote for an expired product in the person of a drug lord.

364 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Throwback: 6:35am On Aug 26, 2022
It is expected.

The Contender sets himself apart from the Pretenders, who only copy what the Contender has already done.

Pwettylinda:

You can't be in APC and not sound or look stupid.

If While has decided to join the fools well that's left for him

See this hypocrite in sifia pains.

You can't be in a fake semifinal and not sound like a liar.

Peter Obi needs medical examination instead of looking for signs and wonders all over the churches.

Veteran journalist condemns Nigerian politicians for meeting abroad
On her part, a veteran journalist and Chief Executive Officer of Arise TV, Ijeoma Nwogwuwgwu, has condemned Nigerian politicians for having meetings outside the country.

Sharing a picture of the Wike's PDP faction meeting the party's presidential candidate, Atiku Abubakar, Nwogwugwu wrote on her Instagram page:

“It is really disheartening that Nigerian politicians are jetting thousands of miles away to negotiate possible alliances. Couldn’t these meetings have all been held back home? More significantly, Peter Obi who has tried to sell himself as distinct from the rest, is no different.
“At the end of the day, it’s all about self-interest and not what is best for Nigeria. Sometimes, I often wonder why we kill ourselves and lose precious sleep over these politicians. They’re all the same…. Selfish, desperate, insincere, lying bunch.”

See as Peter Obi is unravelled as a typical politician claiming to be different.

Chai! Chai! Chai!

I shame for the semifinalist who lied that he will die for APGA.

276 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Ndibunna: 6:36am On Aug 26, 2022
Moh247:
Tinubu was the first to arrive UK, Wike and Seyi Makinde flew In to meet him... Obi and Atiku went uninvited

Only phone and you are online celebrating your unemployment. Wonderful.

66 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Channel54: 6:36am On Aug 26, 2022
Atiku and Obi have produced picture of them meeting with Wike in London

Where is Tinubu’s own picture? or he couldn't stand to take picture?

403 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by slickbak(m): 6:37am On Aug 26, 2022
grin
I really doubt Wike said this.
He seems to enjoy the flirting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Moh247: 6:37am On Aug 26, 2022
Ndibunna:

Only phone and you are online celebrating your unemployment. Wonderful.

Typical PitObi supporter... Looking for fight about

256 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:37am On Aug 26, 2022
Fake news

Legit is media arm of Tinubu supporters to spread fake news

This is fake news

Wike didn't say such

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Ctorch: 6:38am On Aug 26, 2022
See as I give captivating headline and they are already masturbating on it grin grin grin

I strong gan for this space Lolz

I just tested my microphone on nairaland as an old nairalnder and it sets into motion.
I have been off for so long and still this forum hasn't changed.

A forum where all tribalist in Nigeria resides and feeds. grin grin grin

18 Likes

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Throwback: 6:39am On Aug 26, 2022
Channel54:
Atiku and Obi have produced picture of them meeting with Wike in London

Where is Tinubu’s own picture? or he couldn't stand to take picture?

But those you support all ran to London in response to a fake meeting, isn't it?

So who is dictating the tempo of this presidential campaign?

Tinubu is the one that is setting the pace and the tempo, while others wait to follow the leader.

They are still waiting for the next action of the Asiwaju that can be copied.

244 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by xpressionx(m): 6:39am On Aug 26, 2022
Obi is not about party,its a movement.
Any elite who is wise jumps in,any one that stands on its way is crushed

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by madridguy(m): 6:39am On Aug 26, 2022
Obi’s candidacy will only rub off on the PDP’s stronghold.”

This is exactly what we have been saying here. As you can see, many people shouting Atikulate are same people shouting Obi today. APC structure still remain intact and undisturbed.

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Channel54: 6:41am On Aug 26, 2022
Throwback:

But those you support all ran to London in response to a fake meeting, isn't it?

So who is dictating the tempo of this presidential campaign?

Tinubu is the one that is setting the pace and the tempo, while others wait to follow the leader.

The bottomline- there was no meeting btw Tinubu and Wike.The news of the invite was just the usual fake news feom you guys.

22 Likes

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Ndibunna: 6:42am On Aug 26, 2022
Moh247:

Typical PitObi supporter... Looking for fight about

You quoted me?
Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by DadaHammed: 6:43am On Aug 26, 2022
Staphylococcus:
It’s logical!

No sane person will dump His Excellence, President Bola Ahmed Tinubu, for a political minion like Peter.

Wike is in terms with reality and definitely wants a soft landing after leaving office. I do not expect him to descend so low to extent of affiliating with an orphanage turned political party.

What’s ahead is boldly written across Nigeria and glaring for all to see.

Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the next President of The Federal Republic of Nigeria.

I can sure all good and patriotic citizens of Nigeria that the 2023 election will be the freest and fairest election in Africa, as Asiwaju does not have a viable and competent opposition.

I will use this same medium to plead with supporters of the fictional opposition, to make sure they continue to be “Obidient” after 2023 election results are announced, and take in good faith, the final outcome.

I'm sure you are a quack herbal agbo seller that blames every ailment on 'staphylococcus'. grin

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by melonsgroup: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2022
J
Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by KingOfTheDamned: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2022

FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS FAKE NEWS !!!

Tinubu supporters have come again TINUBU SUPPORTERS HAVE COME AGAIN WITH THEIR LIES..

Where was the meeting held where wike's men told you this NONSENSE!? Wike isn't a coward! If he will support any candidate he will boldly come out and say it! He doesn't need his men to talk for him!!

Everytime these ones are seeing how irrelevant their candidate is they create a lie and just throw it to the internet shamelessly to give themselves hope

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Yankiss(m): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2022
God bless OBJ. Nigerians supposed to know that injustice to the South East unless addressed means there is no country called Nigeria. We need to resolve the past by handing over the presidency to the South East.
Obi has no choice about where to meet people he wishes to support him. He can't dictate to them. It's no brainer. You pick on every opportunity to yab Obi.

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Staphylococcus: 6:44am On Aug 26, 2022
DadaHammed:

I'm sure you are a quack herbal agbo seller that blames every ailment on 'staphylococcus'.

You have a right to your perception. It’s yours!

208 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by matrix199(m): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2022
All because Peter Obi does not give 'shi shi'.

When God works for him( P O), no one can be against him.

6 Likes

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by ybalogs(m): 6:44am On Aug 26, 2022
Let the campaigns begin already biko.

1 Like

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by shiki(m): 6:45am On Aug 26, 2022
cheesy Fake news ....APC News,

6 Likes

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by Quest7777: 6:45am On Aug 26, 2022

Work for a corrupt old desperado who takes more drugs than food? Majority of those saying that, only want to collect their share of the bullion van loot.
The expired bat would be shocked on election day.

6 Likes

Re: Wike's Men Say They Prefer To Work For Bola Tinubu Over Peter Obi by ybalogs(m): 6:45am On Aug 26, 2022
Looking like Wike has a say in who becomes the next president.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Labour Party Governorship Campaign In Abia (Video, Pictures) / Police Inspector Visits Brothel, Loses Ammunition / LP Gains Massively In Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.