Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,081 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 PM

Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence (30456 Views)

Naira, Fuel Crises: Lagos Begins Distribution Of Palliatives / Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today / Jangali: N500 Per Cow Yearly — Katsina To Introduce Levy For Cattle Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by vasel15: 10:03am On Aug 26, 2022
tochifk:
This is crazy....
Most apartments in Lagos especially in the high density areas have little or no parking space,
Just hope the levy will be small amount so as not to hard more hardship to the already existing one faced by lagosians

That right there is the problem of Nigeria, they would soon charge for the free oxygen given to us by God, instead if telling people to protest so they can cancel this rubbish, nigeria is a zoo, this country must explode, just watch
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Bizibi(m): 10:03am On Aug 26, 2022
Em go bill lagosians
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Nobody: 10:03am On Aug 26, 2022
Coolbreeze1988:
We are in for it big time, if Tinubu becomes the president of this country
Am obedient though
"I'm"
Your Obi cry about loan, cry budget is too small, cry about revenue being small.
Government shouldn't borrow, they shouldn't raise tax but they should increase budget. Shey na ritual una wan dey do to take fund the budget?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by rusher14: 10:03am On Aug 26, 2022
Nlkay:

Are you valued and paid exactly how it is done in saner climes? Do you know how much your govt makes mockery of you by offering you a 30k minimum wage? So you don't want them to chant? Don't vote right, wait till the nation collapses.

Lagos state does not pay 30k as minimum wage.

Minimum wage earners can hardly afford cars abroad.

Tarriffs you pay in Lagos are lower than what you will pay abroad.

Private enterprise employs more people than government.

If private enterprise pay low wages, that is hardly government's fault.

Guy, if Lagos failed you, you can go to a place that might favour you.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by shiwex: 10:04am On Aug 26, 2022
Minjim:
Most Nigerias are fools that's why they wail at good policies like this.

Anyone with foresight should know their cars will be better secured where it's parked when they pay.

I also see this as a biz opportunity. Buy land and use it has parking space .
You be fool..just because you pay for a parking does not mean they protect your car. Most International car parks still have signs that says you have parked at your own risk.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by rusher14: 10:05am On Aug 26, 2022
Spirit04:
"I'm"
Your Obi cry about loan, cry budget is too small, cry about revenue being small.
Government shouldn't borrow, they shouldn't raise tax but they should increase budget. Shey na ritual una wan dey do to take fund the budget?

Don't mind the fools.

They want higher wages, low or no tax, don't want government to borrow, want government to make our roads and infrastructure as seen in movies.

Ask them how it would be done, and they'll keep quiet.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Mccullum: 10:05am On Aug 26, 2022
Many above complaining on this Lagos State government new rules and regulations that align with developed nations practice to caution parking on road side by motorists, these same people will travel out of the country and obey that law. Most of the metropolitan cities have similar laws to congestion of vehicles on the street that later leads to traffic.

It's good idea but the charges is higher than expected while the government need to think very well on it.

Eko oni baje,

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by emerged01(m): 10:05am On Aug 26, 2022
You use all the space in your compound to build house finish you con dey park outside. Park in your compound if you no wan pay levy na. Small space na shop small space na BQ.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by rusher14: 10:06am On Aug 26, 2022
shiwex:
You be fool..just because you pay for a parking does not mean they protect your car. Most International car parks still have signs that says you have parked at your own risk.

It is better secured when parked in an enclosure.

Parking at owners risk is a way to indemnify the landlord.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by shiwex: 10:07am On Aug 26, 2022
rusher14:

If private enterprise pay low wages, that is jardly government's fault.

You chat sh1t sometimes......With all the amount Lagos has borrowed and owing, you will expect to see better infrastructure, where has all the monies gone?
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by somehow: 10:07am On Aug 26, 2022
Houses without parking space are in for a long ride.

Now, to rent an apartment, you have to include on-the-premises parking space in your conditions.

And for those living in rented apartments with multiple cars without enough internal space, you're in for a ride.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Twemi(m): 10:08am On Aug 26, 2022
I hope the double Parker’s will understand better now
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by dominic17: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2022
Why are you wondering if Tinubu is still the governor of Lagos State. When every successive government achievement has been claimed by Tinubu. I'm surprised you never heard Tinubu developed Lagos!

goslowgoslow:

I keep wondering if Tinubu is the Governor of Lagos.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by allicare: 10:08am On Aug 26, 2022
franchasofficia:
If Bola Tinubu mistakenly wins 2023 Presidential election, his boys will kill Nigerians with heavy taxation.

In fact Nigerians will start payint tax to walk on the road.

Now don't get me wrong, proper taxation is good as it can help a nation generate enough money to build needed infrastructures and give out social services to the citizens, but where Tinubu's taxation policy is bad is the sense that they will tax Nigerians and share and loot it for their personal use.

All the tax they are collecting in Lagos, still a megacity like Lagos state doesn't have city metro, more than 70% of Lagos is a slum. Majority of intra city roads in Lagos mainland are completed worn out and now deathtraps, no drainage systems causing serious flooding whenever it rains in Lagos.

Poor city planning.

LASTMA will collect fines from motorists and share!

KAI will collect from traders and share among themselves.

LIRS will collude with business owners to split their actual tax, so they can pay 30% to Lagos state government and then loot 20%.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for continuation of massive looting of public funds in Nigeria!

Say no to chop I chop government! Nigeria is bleeding we need to close all leakages and plan for the future of Nigeria

What's this one saying ? Ignorant us a disease. What set Lagos apart from other state save her tax system. Nigeria will never move forward unless it develops a robust taxing system
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Minjim: 10:09am On Aug 26, 2022
shiwex:

Try get sense. Why are the service you're being charged for if someone isn't watching your car?

If a commercial parking space put a sign of " car parked at owners risk" whats the sense in that?

Why are you coming there to park?
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by rusher14: 10:09am On Aug 26, 2022
shiwex:
You chat sh1t sometimes......With all the amount Lagos has borrowed and owing, you will expect to see better infrastructure, where has all the monies gone?
You are seeing raillines, teeminals and stations.

You are seeing modern carriages and Buses.

You are seeing EPZ and better security apparatus and you are asking these silly questions.

Aren't you surprised rhat despite the overpopulation, Lagos hasnt witnessed any Boko Haram incident ?

Some of you are ingrates.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by viyon02: 10:10am On Aug 26, 2022
goslowgoslow:

I keep wondering if Tinubu is the Governor of Lagos.
of course he is
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by JealousCobra(m): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2022
PointZerom:
grin

McOluomo at it again. Very soon lagosians will pay for walking on the road.

Only walking?? even wailing gringrin
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by abokikhalifa: 10:11am On Aug 26, 2022
This is one thing Nigerians are scared of voting in bola Tinubu. That guy can Tax for anything.
Only if peter obi was a better person. I would have loved to campaign for him. But i can't see anything good he did in all his past record.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by another1: 10:12am On Aug 26, 2022
jkpbestseries:
Is also done in US and UK.
Are u OK?
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by rikithor(m): 10:13am On Aug 26, 2022
franchasofficia:
If Bola Tinubu mistakenly wins 2023 Presidential election, his boys will kill Nigerians with heavy taxation.

In fact Nigerians will start payint tax to walk on the road.

Now don't get me wrong, proper taxation is good as it can help a nation generate enough money to build needed infrastructures and give out social services to the citizens, but where Tinubu's taxation policy is bad is the sense that they will tax Nigerians and share and loot it for their personal use.

All the tax they are collecting in Lagos, still a megacity like Lagos state doesn't have city metro, more than 70% of Lagos is a slum. Majority of intra city roads in Lagos mainland are completed worn out and now deathtraps, no drainage systems causing serious flooding whenever it rains in Lagos.

Poor city planning.

LASTMA will collect fines from motorists and share!

KAI will collect from traders and share among themselves.

LIRS will collude with business owners to split their actual tax, so they can pay 30% to Lagos state government and then loot 20%.

VIS/VIO will collect and share inside that their van, from the loot will buy bottle water,bottle drink,amala ati ewedu after which they won't pay,will beg food vendor to (dapada)come back for money.They will play baba ijebu from the money,send some thousands to iya shewa(girlfriend) subscribe GO TV for Iya Calabar and must still meet up with target.

Motorists will breathe fresh air the day these problem will be treated .

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for continuation of massive looting of public funds in Nigeria!

Say no to chop I chop government! Nigeria is bleeding we need to close all leakages and plan for the future of Nigeria

Learn how to drive manual and automatic cars professionally and process driving license and vehicle papers in a short time.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Graciousnaija: 10:13am On Aug 26, 2022
Reading some comments here gives me below the belly punch. There is no crime in revenue generation if it is plowed back into further infrastructural developments. Most of these roads are not even on the mainland but island areas where most state revenue comes from.

What we should be concerned about is accountability around the utilization of these revenues by the state. Hatred for a person or political part should not becloud objective approach to reasoning. People abroad pay for parking and it is a practice across the developed nations.

Personally, may grouse is most of the infrastructural projects that the LGAs and LCDAs are suppose to be implement have either been neglected due to lack of autonomy or taken over by the state government that is disconnected from the infrastructural decay at these level of governance.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by akslink: 10:14am On Aug 26, 2022
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/lagos-begins-collection-of-levy-for-parking-outside-perimeter-fence
development comes with taxes, that’s how it was done abroad, una want infrastructure but una no want pay for it, by the time we have good electricity in Nigeria una go know say it no come cheap.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Nlkay(m): 10:14am On Aug 26, 2022
rusher14:

If private enterprise pay low wages, that is jardly government's fault.

I disagree with you. I worked at halliburton before leaving. The saber climes you mentioned provides credit facilities. This is not about minimum wage but about the standard of living. I asked a simple question, Are you valued and paid like it's done in saner climes? Do you know the facilities on ground for her citizens abroad? Do you have a caring govt in Nigeria and you're saying that's how it's done when the same govt has refused to put necessary things in place to foster economic development. It's disheartening to hear some of you talk. Can you compare Lagos and her citizens life style and institutions to Johannesburg? I don't understand you. Don't you see a wide gap continually separating in the Lagos city btw the poor and rich?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Potbellyman(m): 10:14am On Aug 26, 2022
Viscuz:
The only state when dey pay tax for TV and radio .

Tinubu legacy indeed grin

They pay TV and Radio Levey in Edo State too
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by NoToPile: 10:16am On Aug 26, 2022
We complain about everything.

People will build houses/ business centers without parking spaces and residents / customers will park on one lane of the road causing traffic.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Viscuz: 10:16am On Aug 26, 2022
Potbellyman:

They pay TV and Radio Levey in Edo State too

U never stay Edo
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by babavik: 10:17am On Aug 26, 2022
Minjim:
Most Nigerias are fools that's why they wail at good policies like this.

Anyone with foresight should know their cars will be better secured where it's parked when they pay.

I also see this as a biz opportunity. Buy land and use it has parking space .
No!
Nigerians are not fools rather you're the fools here.
And a BIG FOOOL at that.

There's no clause or phrase that suggest or imply that the security of the cars will be undertaking by the Lagos state government nor any of it's agencies.
There's is neither any insurance against loss or damage to the car by the government.

As for your yeye business opportunity, how much do you intend to charge when the government is charging 80k per slot?

Tell your Oppressor he will still fail come 2023.
Imagine tasking people to fund a selfish quest that is dead on arrival.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by rusher14: 10:18am On Aug 26, 2022
Nlkay:

I disagree with you. I worked at halliburton before leaving. The saber climes you mentioned provides credit facilities. This is not about minimum wage but about the standard of living. I asked a simple question, Are you valued and paid like it's done in saner climes? Do you know the facilities on ground for her citizens abroad? Do you have a caring govt in Nigeria and you're saying that's how it's done when the same govt has refused to put necessary things in place to foster economic development. It's disheartening to hear some of you talk. Can you compare Lagos and her citizens life style and institutions to Johannesburg? I don't understand you. Don't you see a wide gap continually separating in the Lagos city btw the poor and rich?

No, i don't see a wide gap.

In fact, there is a burgeoning middle class in Lagos.

You want to compare Lagos with Joburg but you dont want to implement the policies that bring sanity to such cities.

Mr. Halliburton, c'mon now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by HIPROFILE(m): 10:21am On Aug 26, 2022
All I see that kept Lagos on the go is Tax Tax and Tax collections upon collection from the people stretching and squeezing the poor masses while boasting of increased IGR as their major achievements.

I swear if Tinubu ever enters as president una go hear am cos all he knows about is tax tax and tax

Dont be surprised you will be taxed for having a bore hole or well in your compound.

They will never focus on rebuilding our industries.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Brushstrokes20: 10:21am On Aug 26, 2022
# a tip of the iceberg from the druggie! undecided angry

VOTE WISELY COME 2023!
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Brushstrokes20: 10:22am On Aug 26, 2022
# a tip of the iceberg from the druggie and cohorts ! undecided angry

VOTE WISELY COME 2023!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Colloquium: Tinubu Apologises, Says He Meant 50,000 Youths Not 50 Million / Kashamu Apologises To Neighbours, Commends Media / BREAKING NEWS: Buhari Seeks Emergency Powers To Tackle Economy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.