Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,835 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence (30432 Views)

Naira, Fuel Crises: Lagos Begins Distribution Of Palliatives / Okada Ban In 6 Local Governments Of Lagos Begins Today / Jangali: N500 Per Cow Yearly — Katsina To Introduce Levy For Cattle Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Schifo: 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
jkpbestseries:
Is also done in US and UK.

I hate this comparison you just stated above . Nigeria is a complete shit hole and nothing works out there. These countries you mentioned above provide an enabling environment for citizens to function. However in Nigeria the level of greed and lack accountability is beyond imagination. For example these countries best 11 are in government and using their God given skill set and acquired skill set to better their environment, while here hooligans , reprobates and despicable humans are in authority. I just cannot wrap my head around the situation.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by blueAgent(m): 4:10pm On Aug 26, 2022
Temptee101:

Western leaders led by example, Nigerian leaders should show sincerity by sacrificing too.

Ordinary local govt chairman has fleet of cars in his convoy and you are here asking the already over-taxed hapless Nigerians to sacrifice by allowing themselves to taxed to death by our criminal leaders.

European leaders hallmark for development were accountability, transparency and sincerity of purpose. These are what our leaders lack.

Abacha's loot is still being recovered in billions of dollars and repatriated to Nigeria as I type.

Where did all that money go to?
Can you beat your chest and tell me what exactly the monies were used for?

They recover loot to be re-looted.

That is what we call, accountability and our leaders don't have it. You can't give what you don't have.

Taxing Nigerians might not necessarily be the main problem but what will the taxes be used for? How will it benefit the average struggling Nigerian is the question?

Let me stop here...

If you still fail to get my point, then I can't help you.

So true.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Jorryy(m): 4:11pm On Aug 26, 2022
Why so much noise over this ? As far as am concerned almost all shopping complex is already collecting parking fees... so why won't government follow suit? As if you people don't pay for Parking tickets before you drive enter any of the major markets in Lagos. It is not by force to live in Lagos... if you are not comfortable with the state laws you can easily relocate to other states in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by jkpbestseries: 4:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
Better face reality and stop speaking english

Schifo:

I hate this comparison you just stated above . Nigeria is a complete shit hole and nothing works out there. These countries you mentioned above provide an enabling environment for citizens to function. However in Nigeria the level of greed and lack accountability is beyond imagination. For example these countries best 11 are in government and using their God given skill set and acquired skill set to better their environment, while here hooligans , reprobates and despicable humans are in authority. I just cannot wrap my head around the situation.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Billygee2u: 6:22pm On Aug 26, 2022
Tinubuagbado:
Nigerians have not seen anything yet, they should wait till if Tinubu ever is announced winner of the election.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Billygee2u: 6:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
viyon02:
This is just a flash of what will happen if this drug Lord is voted as president.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Billygee2u: 6:24pm On Aug 26, 2022
Coolbreeze1988:
We are in for it big time, if Tinubu becomes the president of this country
Am obedient though
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by ferhyntorlah(f): 6:38pm On Aug 26, 2022
Tinubuagbado:
Nigerians have not seen anything yet, they should wait till if Tinubu ever is announced winner of the election.

I am telling you.

He will introduce outrageous taxes where one didn't think of.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Buccalcavity2: 7:28pm On Aug 26, 2022
This is such a fantastic development. It's really surprising that some youths are against it. For every building approval in Lagos, there's always allowance for parking space. If your landlord was greedy and didn't follow the approved plan, the he should bear the cost of indiscipline. Simple.
Government must make money if you choose to be a rogue.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Buccalcavity2: 7:44pm On Aug 26, 2022
OBA2503:
This is a welcome development but should only be applicable to Central Business Districts that have all the facilities and amenities of a modern local district. My parents received similar dodgy letter from LASPARK where they live at Aboru, Iyana-Ipaja. As I speak to you, the road is not tarred, there is no drainage/gutter running from the entire street, no street lights, no bins for disposing waste, no security, no fire station, no government intervention to justify such aggressive tax collection and revenue generation by the government.

It shows how insensitive the Lagos state government is towards the ordinary masses and how callous this agencies are in accruing illegal funds into their coffers.

The government must play their role by providing basic infrastructure before seeking to tax ordinary citizens of their hard earned money.

A country where every individual is a government on its own since the citizens provide their own water (borehole), generate their own power (generator/solar), secure their perimeter (fence/gated community), purchase their own housing (land/Building) and source their own food (Farms).

What has the government done to alleviate all these numerous challenges?
A major reason why the youths are restive and agitating for change.
Provision of road is not the prerequisite to you obeying the law. Your parents building approval ensures that there are spaces for parking for all occupants of the building and as such should park within the building. Ticket for parking outside is the penalty for not obeying that law.
However, implementation may not get to Aboru because theres no traffic obstruction there not because it is not right. Don't forget that implentation comes at a cost which govt considers too.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by lanchy: 8:57pm On Aug 26, 2022
jkpbestseries:
Is also done in US and UK.

Truth be said, when govt wants to steal, they start comparing things in Nigerian to USA and UK! They will not provide the same level of infrastructure or help like in those places but want the same or better official pay, or taxation!!
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by prophetfire: 9:41pm On Aug 26, 2022
tochifk:
This is crazy....
Most apartments in Lagos especially in the high density areas have little or no parking space,
Just hope the levy will be small amount so as not to hard more hardship to the already existing one faced by lagosians
. More money needed for the drug lord's campaign.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by kabasa24: 11:15pm On Aug 26, 2022
Tinubuagbado:
u guys are scared because u are lawless citizens
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Wwwq: 11:27pm On Aug 26, 2022
Why
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by GerogeI(m): 11:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
tochifk:
This is crazy....
Most apartments in Lagos especially in the high density areas have little or no parking space,
Just hope the levy will be small amount so as not to hard more hardship to the already existing one faced by lagosians

Does not apply to individuals but commercial outfits, abrogating and restricting public space for their private business.
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Zetty177x: 4:44am On Aug 27, 2022
APC is all about levies, taxes, increment in suffering and pain..vote them out

1 Like

Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by mfm04622: 6:40am On Aug 27, 2022
tochifk:
This is crazy....

Whose fault is it that developers do not provide parking space?
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by oloyedewaris(m): 11:24am On Aug 27, 2022
noble71:
shocked
Wait till chairman of Agbado Republic wins presidential election you people will see hell.

Vote for Peter Obi for President.

Meanwhile at a good rate sell your Pi π to us.
PointZerom:
grin

McOluomo at it again. Very soon lagosians will pay for walking on the road.
strangest:
Okay... Just imagine we allow Tinubu into government

Lagos was far better before before Tinubu introduced thugs and agberos

Tinubu built Lagos but travels outside for medicals? I don't understand

.This is Lagos when Tinubu was still in Iragbaji

Viscuz:
The only state when dey pay tax for TV and radio .

Tinubu legacy indeed grin
Christian36:
This one will be use to service Tinubu's presidential campaign
VEXT:
Tinubu barawo
gerrardomendes:
Tinubus election money being gathered
SIMONEKPA7:
Emilokan election campaign funds
bennybuhari:
Is this how they want to raise funds for Tinubu’s presidential election?
Kingpele:
Hahaha Hahaha the ach Bishop of agbadorians need more funds for 2023 elections and his slave in ikeja had to do something about it..I tell u the truth, if BAT win next year then within two years, we all will wish buharia should have remained in power..you built your own house,provide light and water and security for yourself, the government that failed to provide this basic necessities of life ,still tax u for parking outside your own office or compound, car u drove on a bad road..las las most people and companies will just relocate to other cities from lagos..this is the lagos they are bragging about..the wonders of the ach Bishop..our mumu never do..I was telling my guy the other day that the reason I left lagos is because of BAT ,the increase in revenue of lagos state was through high tax regime, he taxed lagosians heavily, use some to develop as much as he did and pocketed the rest...I left lagos for him but enemies of humanity want to force him on the entire country...God forbid bat things
clarocuzioo:
This is Tinubu's template for governance. I pity Nigerians who want to vote for this man. Come and ask Lagosians what they go through in Lagos. Every agency of Government in Lagos is now on target unleashing pain on hapless Lagosians.

For those of you who don't know, most of the crazy deductions made on our bank accounts were introduce when Tunde Fowler was the FIRS chairman, and Tunde Fowler is Tinubu's boy.
franchasofficia:
If Bola Tinubu mistakenly wins 2023 Presidential election, his boys will kill Nigerians with heavy taxation.

In fact Nigerians will start payint tax to walk on the road.

Now don't get me wrong, proper taxation is good as it can help a nation generate enough money to build needed infrastructures and give out social services to the citizens, but where Tinubu's taxation policy is bad is the sense that they will tax Nigerians and share and loot it for their personal use.

All the tax they are collecting in Lagos, still a megacity like Lagos state doesn't have city metro, more than 70% of Lagos is a slum. Majority of intra city roads in Lagos mainland are completed worn out and now deathtraps, no drainage systems causing serious flooding whenever it rains in Lagos.

Poor city planning.

LASTMA will collect fines from motorists and share!

KAI will collect from traders and share among themselves.

LIRS will collude with business owners to split their actual tax, so they can pay 30% to Lagos state government and then loot 20%.

A vote for Tinubu is a vote for continuation of massive looting of public funds in Nigeria!

Say no to chop I chop government! Nigeria is bleeding we need to close all leakages and plan for the future of Nigeria
Coolbreeze1988:
We are in for it big time, if Tinubu becomes the president of this country
Am obedient though
viyon02:
This is just a flash of what will happen if this drug Lord is voted as president.
Tinubuagbado:
tochifk:
This is crazy....

See them, Shameless hypocrites, see the way they attribute everything in Lagos to tinibu

But any good news from Lagos isn't tinubu's work

Honestly I'm just tired of this kind of hypocrisy, why will you think this is tinubu's work and lekki deep port or Eko Atlantic isnt tinubu's work

You come up with different assumptions and propaganda that suit your ego and your hatred for tinubu and you will now carry same mouth to campaign for Peter obi, Mehn, that's senselessness

God pass all of you sha
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by PointZerom: 8:07am On Aug 28, 2022
oloyedewaris:

I thought you said that no other government had invested in Lagos apart from Tinubu?
He should as well take responsibility for any urgly insident in Lagos including lekki killings.

I am sure if buhari had succeeded your Tinubu would have taken the glory.

See them, Shameless hypocrites, see the way they attribute everything in Lagos to tinibu

But any good news from Lagos isn't tinubu's work

Honestly I'm just tired of this kind of hypocrisy, why will you think this is tinubu's work and lekki deep port or Eko Atlantic isnt tinubu's work

You come up with different assumptions and propaganda that suit your ego and your hatred for tinubu and you will now carry same mouth to campaign for Peter obi, Mehn, that's senselessness

God pass all of you sha
Re: Lagos Begins Collection Of Levy For Parking Outside Perimeter Fence by Bigjoe68: 8:52am On Sep 05, 2022
You guys are being unrealistic...

Parking spaces is one very important aspect that developers refuse or selfishly do not want to consider.

The setback is government land, when you buy a property, you have an idea of how many clients, customers or vehicles you expect.

When you build on 80-90% of the property and leave little or no parking spaces, is that not selfishness, and you expect vehicles patronising your property to park on the setbacks by the road.

For those who are quick to accuse Tinubu or APC, those of you who travel out know that many setbacks in the western countries have parking meters where you pay to park, and the money goes to the Government.

These are ways the Government raises funds to make sure states function well. That is why Lagos has the highest revenues, can function without collecting N1 from the Federal Government and is still the state all other states are looking up to.

Take your negativity to the polls...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s Re-Election In 2027 Now Certain" – Reno Omokri / Jonathan Changes Campaign Strategies / Why Buhari Will Not Agree To A Debate With Jonathan - Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.