Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,009 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua (1277 Views)

Cardoso, Tope Fasua And National Economic Recovery / Naira: Tinubu Will Shock Currency Speculators – Tope Fasua / Tinubu Appoints Tope Fasua As Special Adviser (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by bennybuhari: 10:03am On Aug 26, 2022
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

A businessman and former presidential candidate of the Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party, (ANRP) in the 2019 general elections, Tope Fasua, on Friday raised the alarm that 50 Nigerians citizens were currently being detained at Dubai Airport.

In a post on his official social media pages, Fassa appealed to the Federal government and Mrs Dabiri-Erewa, the Chairman and the Chief Executive officer of the Nigerian Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) to urgently intervene in the situation.

According to him, the passengers who came into Dubai on Ethiopian Airlines may be deported anytime soon over a rule that was just made yesterday by the Dubai authorities that anyone traveling to the country without their families must be denied entry.

He wrote " So as I type this, about 50 Nigerians who came into Dubai on Ethiopia Airlines this morning are being detained at Dubai Airport and are likely to be deported. One of them called me now and when I tried to reach him back for more info I realised he called with someone else's number".

" I didn't believe his story but the owner of the phone, a Muslim from Northern Nigeria, confirmed to me. He sounded very responsible and said he spoke with the Immigration Manager at Dubai Airport Terminal 1". 

"A new rule was made just yesterday that any Nigerian coming into the UAE alone without their family must be disallowed. The Northern chap's wife and children are already in Dubai for a holiday. He couldn't travel when they did. But now he is being deported, men and women, about 50. All Nigerians". 

"People say I shouldn't be angry with Buhari govt. Nigerian youths also justify the nonsense they have made of our image on the back of bad governance. I think its deeper and worse. I never knew I'd see the day that we will be fully ostracised from the world. The UAE is the last bus stop where we get some respect. Even African countries have none for us". 

"I have texted Madam Abike hoping she can help these folks. Hope she acts fast. She usually does but I know even she is frustrated. This is what we've done to ourselves. The big guys are still busy gallivanting. And the young misguided ones have ensured that every Nigerian is viewed first as a cheap criminal. What a way to be".

https://independent.ng/50-nigerian-travelers-currently-detained-at-dubai-airport-says-former-presidential-candidate/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 10:04am On Aug 26, 2022
LOL...

I said this before, it's only Yoruba Muslims and Fulani slaves are the only ones that visit that desert...

I don't think they should come back to this space,Let them Remain there...They all practice Islam and they love sharia..

Hypocrites

1 Like

Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Mrkumareze(m): 10:10am On Aug 26, 2022
Atiku should intervene, that's he's second home

1 Like

Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Blackdeewhy(m): 10:11am On Aug 26, 2022
Attimes, I can't help but to ask God why me?
You have to prove more than reasonable doubt to a foreigner that you're not dubious and you're to be trusted.
At the mention of your nationality "NIGERIAN" you're a prime suspect of every ill thing.
Any ways, I am a Nigerian, I am honest in my dealings.
I just hope the bad eggs among us will stop giving the rest of us a bad name.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Moh247: 10:18am On Aug 26, 2022
It's easy to blame UAE Government without knowing what some Nigerians have done in the past

The Travel agents are so wicked that they won't tell travellers simple rules and regulations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Viscuz: 10:19am On Aug 26, 2022
Moh247:
It's easy to blame UAE Government without knowing what some Nigerians have done in the past

What is your government doing about that ?
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by nairavsdollars(f): 10:26am On Aug 26, 2022
Let's blame our people giving Nigerians a bad name in Dubai

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Moh247: 10:27am On Aug 26, 2022
Viscuz:

Non accompanied passenger isn't allowed on tourist Visa and it is boldly written on their immigration website... Yet you ignore such warning and board a plane..

Ok what should Buhari do

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by rusher14: 10:31am On Aug 26, 2022
When some people would leave Nigeria for Dubai specifically with the purpose of commiting armed robbery, you would now be blaming Dubai government for instituting draconian laws.

Abeg getat.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by nairavsdollars(f): 10:46am On Aug 26, 2022
Though the issue was that this new law was made yesterday and the Travellers are not aware
rusher14:
When some people would leave Nigeria for Dubai specifically with the purpose of commiting armed robbery, you would now be blaming Dubai government for instituting draconian laws.

Abeg getat.
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by rusher14: 10:49am On Aug 26, 2022
nairavsdollars:
Though the issue was that this new law was made yesterday and the Travellers are not aware

They would be given some respite even if it is a fracrional refund.
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by ImperialYoruba: 10:52am On Aug 26, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
LOL...

I said this before, it's only Yoruba Muslims and Fulani slaves are the only ones that visit that desert...

I don't think they should come back to this space,Let them Remain there...They all practice Islam and they love sharia..

Hypocrites

But ibo christians go there to rob shops and break into homes.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Viscuz: 11:00am On Aug 26, 2022
Moh247:

Non accompanied passenger isn't allowed on tourist Visa and it is boldly written on their immigration website... Yet you ignore such warning and board a plane..

Ok what should Buhari do

Abi you no know wetting protocol mean ?

Was it not in an airport hanger the boarded plane was ?

Why don't they have a sect to check those things to avoid embarrassment to the country's image ?

How many Yankee people you don see them dey arrest up and down .

Them tell you say them no dey make mistake ?

Their government make sure say all check are ticked .

Wetting your government dey do ?
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 11:01am On Aug 26, 2022
ImperialYoruba:

But ibo christians go there to rob shops and break into homes.

Doesn't mean the major population for fraud and prostitutes in dubai prisons arent yorubas..Fact

Besides when are you reclaiming ilorin..?
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by cocolacec(m): 11:04am On Aug 26, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:
LOL...

Hypocrites

Your nyanmiirns brothers always go to Dubai to develop the place with their Igbos got talent in crime syndrome.
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Moh247: 11:05am On Aug 26, 2022
Viscuz:

Abi you no know wetting protocol mean ?

Was it not in an airport hanger the boarded plane was ?

Why don't they have a sect to check those things to avoid embarrassment to the country's image ?

How many Yankee people you don see them dey arrest up and down .

Them tell you say them no dey make mistake ?

Their government make sure say all check are ticked .

Wetting your government dey do ?

You deliberately violated immigration laws of another country yet you want to blame Buhari again.. Don't worry UAE Government would fly them back safely after Nigerian government pay for their repatriation
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by AKWATGOLD1(m): 11:48am On Aug 26, 2022
Japa turned double wahala.
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 1:34pm On Aug 26, 2022
cocolacec:

Your nyanmiirns brothers always go to Dubai to develop the place with their Igbos got talent in crime syndrome.

Benin republic internet na 5G sha...

Enjoy your browsing in their IDP camps,while you sisters and girls are sex slavishing for wakili back home
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Penguin2: 1:37pm On Aug 26, 2022
Tell Buhari to release Emirates’ money.

UAE is trying to get back at Nigeria by punishing Nigerians.
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by nairavsdollars(f): 2:17pm On Aug 26, 2022
It's not about Emirates money
Penguin2:
Tell Buhari to release Emirates’ money.

UAE is trying to get back at Nigeria by punishing Nigerians.
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Penguin2: 2:23pm On Aug 26, 2022
nairavsdollars:
It's not about Emirates money

But about what?
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by BloomingDale(f): 2:45pm On Aug 26, 2022
Penguin2:

But about what?

The thuggish and criminal behavior of Nigerian men.

1 Like

Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by nairavsdollars(f): 9:14pm On Aug 26, 2022
Exactly my thought
BloomingDale:

The thuggish and criminal behavior of Nigerian men.
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Nobody: 10:48pm On Aug 26, 2022
OyeofIkoTuN:

Benin republic internet na 5G sha...

Enjoy your browsing in their IDP camps,while you sisters and girls are sex slavishing for wakili back home
talking of prostitution, yeebos lady full the industry home and abroad.
Not long escapades reveal an OSU lady been given head by Dog in Dubai cry,or you never watch the video?
why do you think human trafficking thrive better in that backward region?

Meanwhile some flatinosss headed idiotic OSUS are on death roll in that country you claimed you detest .
OHH you forgot criminal flatinosss of lost Congo OSU Jew keep gaining mass admissionsinto Asian prisons which are Islamic countries??
Anyways thanks to their govt for reducing those b@astard population by hanging . cheesy
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by Enkidu70: 11:29pm On Aug 26, 2022
bennybuhari:
By Temidayo Akinsuyi

A businessman and former presidential candidate of the Abundant Nigeria Renewal Party, (ANRP) in the 2019 general elections, Tope Fasua, on Friday raised the alarm that 50 Nigerians citizens were currently being detained at Dubai Airport.

In a post on his official social media pages, Fassa appealed to the Federal government and Mrs Dabiri-Erewa, the Chairman and the Chief Executive officer of the Nigerian Diaspora Commission (NiDCOM) to urgently intervene in the situation.

According to him, the passengers who came into Dubai on Ethiopian Airlines may be deported anytime soon over a rule that was just made yesterday by the Dubai authorities that anyone traveling to the country without their families must be denied entry.

He wrote " So as I type this, about 50 Nigerians who came into Dubai on Ethiopia Airlines this morning are being detained at Dubai Airport and are likely to be deported. One of them called me now and when I tried to reach him back for more info I realised he called with someone else's number".

" I didn't believe his story but the owner of the phone, a Muslim from Northern Nigeria, confirmed to me. He sounded very responsible and said he spoke with the Immigration Manager at Dubai Airport Terminal 1". 

"A new rule was made just yesterday that any Nigerian coming into the UAE alone without their family must be disallowed. The Northern chap's wife and children are already in Dubai for a holiday. He couldn't travel when they did. But now he is being deported, men and women, about 50. All Nigerians". 

"People say I shouldn't be angry with Buhari govt. Nigerian youths also justify the nonsense they have made of our image on the back of bad governance. I think its deeper and worse. I never knew I'd see the day that we will be fully ostracised from the world. The UAE is the last bus stop where we get some respect. Even African countries have none for us". 

"I have texted Madam Abike hoping she can help these folks. Hope she acts fast. She usually does but I know even she is frustrated. This is what we've done to ourselves. The big guys are still busy gallivanting. And the young misguided ones have ensured that every Nigerian is viewed first as a cheap criminal. What a way to be".

https://independent.ng/50-nigerian-travelers-currently-detained-at-dubai-airport-says-former-presidential-candidate/

Dubai is the London of Awusa people

Let them go back home, next year them no go vote Buhari again...as them mumu for religion, mumu for politics, mumu for tribal matter, they need to suffer the consequences of mumuism. Useless zombies.
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by OyeofIkoTuN(m): 12:02am On Aug 27, 2022
akinremiayomide:
talking of prostitution, yeebos lady full the industry home and abroad.
Not long escapades reveal an OSU lady been given head by Dog in Dubai cry,or you never watch the video?
why do you think human trafficking thrive better in that backward region?

Meanwhile some flatinosss headed idiotic OSUS are on death roll in that country you claimed you detest .
OHH you forgot criminal flatinosss of lost Congo OSU Jew keep gaining mass admissionsinto Asian prisons which are Islamic countries??
Anyways thanks to their govt for reducing those b@astard population by hanging . cheesy

if I read this trash..make I perish

Tueh..

abandoned in Benin republic and ediot is coming here to rant his frustration on person wey no send him tears..
Re: Breaking:50 Nigerian Travellers Currently Detained At Dubai Airport - Tope Fasua by nairavsdollars(f): 7:02am On Aug 27, 2022
Not only Hausas are in Dubai

Enkidu70:

Dubai is the London of Awusa people

Let them go back home, next year them no go vote Buhari again...as them mumu for religion, mumu for politics, mumu for tribal matter, they need to suffer the consequences of mumuism. Useless zombies.

(1) (Reply)

"Even Tinubu" Joined Peter Obi Twitter Space To Get Educated And Lectured. (pic / Epic Moment An Urchin Tried To Copy Yusuf Alabi During Tinubu's Campaign In Lag / Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.