Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project (1246 Views)

Alex Otti Inspects Federal Road Construction On Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Road / Gov Obiano Tours Awka Millenium City Project, Commends Developers / Buhari To Inaugurate Ajaokuta-Kano Pipeline Construction On Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by horsepower102: 2:51pm On Apr 11, 2023
Because of the election cycle, this major development missed the spot light.

This city will cost 7 billion dollars and is being constructed by an indigene of IMO state in partnership with a South Korean firm.

Government of Imo state gave the final approval in December, 2022.

The city will be constructed on a 2000 hectares of land.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Tt-2pb8nWk

4 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by horsepower102: 2:59pm On Apr 11, 2023

2 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by a4cube: 3:08pm On Apr 11, 2023
Where in Imo State pls. I want a place in the city.

1 Like

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by horsepower102: 3:09pm On Apr 11, 2023
Uzodimma approves smart-city project

From Stanley Uzoaru, Owerri

Imo State Governor, Hope Uzodimma, has approved the construction of a multibillion-dollar mega estate, known as Smart-City, by South Korean firm, Grace Bridge-Wide.

Peter Yoon, leader of the delegation from Korea who visited the governor, said the smart-city project is going to be one of the best in the world and number one in Africa.

He said the smart-city would accomodate about 400,000 people, while creating over 500,000 jobs for citizens.

Uzodimma who was fascinated with the project requested that all paper works should be done with immediate effect to facilitate its quick commencement.

The governor also commended the Direct Foreign Investment (DFI) team led by Dr. Chidimma Onuoha and staff for attracting the project to the state.

Onuoha expressed gratitude to the governor for finding the project worthy.

She explained that the project which will occupy over 2,000 hectares space of land would be a reality.

The delegation to the Imo Government House included the Managing Director, Grace Bridge Nigeria Limited, Mr. James Uwuji, Head of Technical for DFI, Kingsley Maduka, Media/Public Relations Officers for DFI, Ajibade-Praise Awofeso.

https://sunnewsonline.com/uzodimma-approves-smart-city-project-2/

2 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by horsepower102: 3:12pm On Apr 11, 2023
a4cube:

I am not sure of the location but it is likely going to be close to area where ANOH gas is being sited for easy gas and power supply

4 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by christejames(m): 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2023
When they are halfway done, I will congratulate them...

For now, nice efforts!

2 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by SmartPolician: 3:13pm On Apr 11, 2023
Ping me when the project is completed. undecided

Nobody takes Imo State seriously now because APC imposed a fraudulent Supreme Court governor on the state.

Even private investors are not willing to take their businesses to the state because Hope Uzodinma is a terrible character.

Cc horsepower102

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by horsepower102: 3:14pm On Apr 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

Nobody takes Imo State seriously now because APC imposed a fraudulent Supreme Court governor on the state.

It’s a private project

4 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by horsepower102: 3:22pm On Apr 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

Even private investors are not willing to take their businesses to the state because Hope Uzodinma is a terrible character.

Cc horsepower102

This project has nothing to do with hopeless uzodinma. His only role in this project is to approve the required paperwork’s.

Investors will pour into Imo state in the coming years because of the availability of gas. Thanks to ANOH gas project.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by Ashez: 3:25pm On Apr 11, 2023
Okay
Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by alizma: 3:27pm On Apr 11, 2023
I hope land grabbers have modernized their strategy? There are many land in imo state that were grabbed using similar strategy. Most popular is, bring in white doctors to offer free eye test and glasses, then go to the community head and demand for a sizeable land to build hospital for the community.
Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by kettykin: 3:29pm On Apr 11, 2023
10 of these projects will set the Eastern economy into an overdrive and unending boom.

What a time to birth these projects. At a time we have 2 first class economists and former top bankers as governors

6 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by horsepower102: 3:33pm On Apr 11, 2023
kettykin:
10 of these projects will set the Eastern economy into an overdrive and unending boom.

What a time to birth these projects. At a time we have 2 first class economists and former top bankers as governors

We have Enyimba Economic city coming. I have been following that project closely.

The EEC company recently won concession for the highway from Onitsha to port harcourt

4 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by Femmyfamous4u(m): 3:39pm On Apr 11, 2023
SmartPolician:

Cc horsepower102

Your hatred is with APC.
Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by LagosFirstSon: 3:45pm On Apr 11, 2023
Commendable

Development and employment will boom in the state

3 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by horsepower102: 2:27pm On Apr 12, 2023
a4cube:

From my research, I think the project will be situated around Umudim community and Umuokpo autonomous community .

Mbaise LGA
https://imodfi.im.gov.ng/dfi-group-photo-with-community-leaders-of-umudim/
https://imodfi.im.gov.ng/dfi-team-with-the-okpo-of-umuokpo-autonomous-community/

2 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by maivd: 2:33pm On Apr 12, 2023
Laudable project, good news.

3 Likes

Re: Imo State To Start Construction On Smart City Project by Ttipsy(f): 3:20pm On Apr 12, 2023
This Smart city project with at least 5 to 6 skyscrapers will give owerri a massive impressive look

I have research about it
Kudos

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Kogi APC Guber Candidate, Ododo, Gets Tinubu's Blessings, Set For Victory / Daily Figure Of Petrol Consumption Crashed To 13million litres – APC Chieftain / EXCLUSIVE:Wike Spends N4 Billion To Renovate Official Residence Instead Of N150m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.