Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,888 members, 7,814,007 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) (1104 Views)

Dry Season Farming: Wheat Harvesting In Kano State / A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State / See Snake I Found On My Farm While Harvesting Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by sulaimon99(m): 11:09am On Aug 26, 2022
Hello, I’m Honeyman_Ng.

A client called earlier this week that he needed help harvesting Honey from his Apiary as the Honey was ready for harvesting but he didn’t have enough experience on how to go about the process and again the colony in the hive were very active and very violent at the same time.

My team and I took off from Ijebu Ode, Ogun State (yeah, We travel Nationwide ) . It took us an approximate 3 hours on the road to Ikire.

We headed straight to the farm, It took us another 15 minutes to get to the Apiary ( inside our swampy bushy forest like that ) , We noticed there were 5 beehives that were ready for harvesting out of a possible 12 ( this was because the farm was not properly setup initially during farm setup process has termites had eaten a huge chunk of the wood used in making the hives and most of the hives were not placed under a shelter nor covered properly has rainfall had chased some bee colonies away and destroy the hives )

We put on our complete BeeSuit, took the needed tools for harvesting

Hive tools
Smoker
Bucket(s) with Tight lid cover
And others ( i also went in with a camera )
Cutlass

Not to bore you out about the whole process, We were able to calm the Bees with our smoker and also able to harvest around 30-35 liters of honey from the comb( after extraction )
We return the top-Bar to their respective positions ( Kenyan topBar was used for the farm) and also placed an extra 8 Baited Beehives at strategic position in the Apiary , We were also able to revamp three out of the previous abandoned beehive and did some Bating again and this time around positioned them well under a shelter and took other necessary precautions

The whole process took less than an hour ( asides extraction ), And it was a success
We went straight to the main Ikire town to have some Dodo Ikire and some local foods before taking off back to Lagos

We’d be coming soon as our client would be expanging his apiary to accomodate 1000 Beehives steady on his acres of land.

Thanks for reading!

3 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by sulaimon99(m): 11:14am On Aug 26, 2022
1. HoneyMan
2. The Team
3. Extracting Honey
4. Honey Comb

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by sulaimon99(m): 11:17am On Aug 26, 2022
1. Bees protecting their hive
2. Removing HoneyComb
3. Pressing down the Comb in the bucket
4. TGIF

Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by funshint(m): 11:22am On Aug 26, 2022
Well done... kudos!

2 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by Princeadebayo11(m): 6:50pm On Aug 26, 2022
How much did you charge
Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by sulaimon99(m): 10:46pm On Aug 26, 2022
Princeadebayo11:
How much did you charge

My charge is dependent on what you want me to do for you sir.

You can share me your number so I can reach out Sir.

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by igbointellectua: 4:16am On Aug 27, 2022
I'm very much interested in this kind of business. Please drop your phone number so that I can reach you.

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by sulaimon99(m): 6:06am On Aug 27, 2022
igbointellectua:
I'm very much interested in this kind of business. Please drop your phone number so that I can reach you.

Will be expecting your message Sir.
God bless you
Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by sulaimon99(m): 3:57pm On Aug 28, 2022
At HoneyMan, We levitating Beekeeping

Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by Burgerlomo: 7:58pm On Aug 30, 2022
This business ain't bad cool

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by sulaimon99(m): 6:35am On Nov 06, 2022
Register for Our Hands on practical Beekeeping training scheduled to hold from 27-29 November.

Register at
HoneyMan.ng/training
For more inquiries, Call or send a WhatsApp message to +2347054115655

Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by RepoMan007: 8:04pm On Nov 06, 2022
Work dey for this life o.

2 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) by jjbest123(m): 2:26pm On Nov 16, 2022
sulaimon99:
Register for Our Hands on practical Beekeeping training scheduled to hold from 27-29 November.

Register at
HoneyMan.ng/training
For more inquiries, Call or send a WhatsApp message to +2347054115655

How much do you sell 25 liters of honey for a reseller?

(1) (Reply)

Different Types Of Wheat Flour Mill Production / Get A Free Proposal On Setting Up A Garri Processing Plant. / Please Help : How Can I Get A Refund Of NIAS Exam Fee?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.