Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,948 members, 7,952,821 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:16 AM

A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State (31586 Views)

A Beekeeper’s Trip To Ikire, Osun State ( Harvesting Honey) / Hot From The Farm, Buy Natural & Hygienic Honey From A Beekeeper! / Price Slash...farmland As Cheap As 50,000 In Okaka, Oyo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by sulaimon99(m): 10:18am On Aug 22, 2022
Hello , I'm HoneyMan_Ng

Last week I received a call from a client about some bees disturbing his farmers on the farmland located in Oyo State.
The bees were habitated in a tall tree on the farm and the locals were scared of approaching the tree or the bushy Area close to it as the bees were very aggressive ( There were an active colony )

I and my colleague took off from the city of Ibadan( We travel nationwide) to Okaka .
Okaka is a town in Oyo state, it's an hour drive from Oyo State border town Saki.

We took an approximate of 3 hours and 30 minutes on the road from Ibadan

We got there late in the evening but couldn't do anything meaningful, Our Client covered our hotel expenses for the night.

By 6:15am the following morning, we were out of the hotel and on our way to the farm, it took us another 30 minutes to get to the farm inside the same Okaka town ( Oyo state is really big ) undecided

On getting to the farm, we wore our Complete uniform from the BeeSuit, Hand Gloves and Rubber boots and made sure there was no openings in any of our clothings

When we got to the bush and approached the tree where the Bee Colony was located for inspection.

We realised that our BeeSmoker was not going to be of help as the tree was quite tall and we'd also need support ( like a ladder or table for height to stand on ) and we'd need to setup some small fire at the base of the tree to calm the bees and so we could have a better view of the colony and see if we could harvest any honey before migrating the bees to a new location ( we came with two beehives bought by our client )

We had to get a spoilt car tyre,A litre of fuel ,Some junks to light fire all from the locals.
We were also able to get a table from them to give us height so I could get to the hive comfortably.

Our plan worked as the fire Gave enough smoke to calm the bees and made them less aggressive .

We were able to start harvesting but unfortunately all we got there was Brood so we had to dispose it.

After harvesting, the next thing was to migrate them to the beehives we brought.
We already baited the Beehives heavily with Beewax and some pure honey ( we baited aggressively ) before entering the bush.

We prepared Honey Syrup ( mixture of water and honey 30:70) In a bottle so as to spray on the Bees when they were calm so as to reduce their flight ( the syrup will make them wet so they won't be able to fly very well )

I won't go to in-depth with the migration ( Bees sting us gan ) sad

We were able to successfully migrate the bees but alot of them were still on the tree and didn't follow the Queen bee we captured to the new hive ( they would migrate eventually after some hours or days )

Since the farm was needed urgently, we told the locals to light up some fire at the bottom of the tree later at night.

The second beehive we brought was also baited and placed in a strategic location on the farmland.

All the process took around 4 hours or so
Normally it shouldn't take up to 30 minutes to 1 hour but we had issues initially to set up smoke and getting height to access the tall tree.

In all, we ended well

We left the farm and treated ourselves to some Nice food in a canteen in Okaka town and then we left for Ibadan.

Thanks
You can follow on IG @honeyman_ng

We sell all Beekeeping equipments, Set up Bee Farms, we do harvesting, Migration and anything related to Beekeeping
We also sell pure honey from the farm with out any other process.
We sell Beewax

Thanks for Reading
Please,Front Page ooo
Please kindly push to front page

126 Likes 14 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by sulaimon99(m): 10:21am On Aug 22, 2022
HoneyMan

29 Likes 4 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by sulaimon99(m): 10:23am On Aug 22, 2022
1. Fire to calm the bees
2. Brood from the hive ( we disposed it )

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by VeryWickedMan: 10:25am On Aug 22, 2022
See work shocked
God abeg

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by sulaimon99(m): 10:33am On Aug 22, 2022
1. Baited Beehive
2. BeeFarmer with the swag
3. HoneyBee

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by sulaimon99(m): 10:36am On Aug 22, 2022
HoneyMan_ng

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by keeper303: 2:48pm On Aug 22, 2022
A job well done. Congratulations.

66 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by SHINJA: 6:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
Wonderful

7 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by sulaimon99(m): 8:45pm On Aug 23, 2022
Please help push to Front Page cheesy

10 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Papertrail11(m): 12:20am On Aug 24, 2022
Baited 89 top bar hives this last week too was stressful setting it up

Would recheck it this week to see if they are fully baited

Nice seeing more beekeepers in Nigeria, we really need to run numbers and displace Kenya, Uganda, Ethopia, Russia and most esp Ukraine as the top beekeeping countries doing export numbers.

97 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by sulaimon99(m): 11:49am On Aug 24, 2022
Papertrail11:
Baited 89 top bar hives this last week too was stressful setting it up

Would recheck it this week to see if they are fully baited

Nice seeing more beekeepers in Nigeria, we really need to run numbers and displace Kenya, Uganda, Ethopia, Russia and most esp Ukraine as the top beekeeping countries doing export numbers.

Please give me your number, let's chat Sir
Thanks

25 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by sulaimon99(m): 9:35am On Aug 26, 2022
HoneyMan Nuggets

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by slawomir: 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Drsnives(m): 7:20pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nawaooooo
Na die dea find this man so o
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by CalabarPikin: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
I really wish to learn beekeeping

10 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Truthday: 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
Good

1 Like

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by FalseProphet1(m): 7:21pm On Aug 30, 2022
I see you going places with this business, I see you exporting honey in large quantities to Asia and Europe, I see the sky becoming your limit.

This I have seen.

143 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by NextPresido: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2022
OP, if tinubu survive one sting from one of your bees, I go vote for am in 2023 grin grin

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Passionate888: 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nice

2 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by TechCapon(m): 7:23pm On Aug 30, 2022
God continue to bless your hustle more and more. Nothing gives me joy than seeing young people working legitimate jobs with pride in this morally polluted society

67 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Offpoint1: 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
I quit this job the day one overzealous bee stung me at the tip of my dîck, I wouldn't want to go into details.... I ended up with a dîck the size of yam tuber.

55 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by DaddyFabooluz(m): 7:24pm On Aug 30, 2022
E get some work wey just be waste of time for Nigeria. But it is well.
Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by MatrixReloaded: 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
I can tell you that he who swim in a beehives can swam in a woman's honeypot and it won't be the same. Ladies and Gents behold the Bee-Man.

Offpoint1:
I quit this job the day one overzealous bee stung me at the tip of my dîck, I wouldn't want to go into details.... I ended up with a dîck the size of yam tuber.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by anochuko01(m): 7:25pm On Aug 30, 2022
This is how you advertise your work.

Wehdone

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by anochuko01(m): 7:26pm On Aug 30, 2022
This is how you advertise your work!

Wehdone!

4 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Viraltrends123: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
VeryWickedMan:
See work shocked
God abeg
Igbo man, how is this better than your 2 by 2 shops with fake goods.

Or you that is always on Nairaland complaining about Tinubu 24/7

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Nobody: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
Nice one there honey man. I love seeing people interact with nature without fear. There's this guy from Iraq I follow on Twitter. He has a big offshore coven, with ostriches, bees, gezelles etc.

Here are some of the pictures

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Internet22: 7:27pm On Aug 30, 2022
Interesting, I would love to know more about your service.

4 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by ennyrah: 7:28pm On Aug 30, 2022
My love for my town no be here...d way i dey happy if i hear SAKI town ehnn

7 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by CedarHoldings: 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
CalabarPikin:
I really wish to learn beekeeping

9 Likes

Re: A Beekeeper's Trip To Okaka, Oyo State by Belteshazzar1: 7:30pm On Aug 30, 2022
Looking like masqurade.. God bless ur hustle

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Check Out The Price Of Abakaliki Rice / Nasarawa Flood: 10,000 Hectares Of Olam Rice Farm And Mill Destroyed (Video) / The A to Z Of Oil Palm Farming (Costs And Returns Analysis)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.