Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,243 members, 7,829,443 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Contract Extension: The Tribal Chief, Reigns Confirms New Contract Was Signed - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Contract Extension: The Tribal Chief, Reigns Confirms New Contract Was Signed (103 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ghana: Nigerians Have Turned Super Eagles To Tribal War - Umar Sadiq / Lionel Messi First Contract Was Written On A Napkin. / Mikel Reveals How Trabzonspor Threatened Him Before His Contract Was Cancelled (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Contract Extension: The Tribal Chief, Reigns Confirms New Contract Was Signed by BryanCharley: 2:43pm On Aug 26, 2022
Professional wrestling is at an interesting period right now since both AEW and WWE are having successful runs. This has given rise to several rumors regarding athletes switching teams, especially in light of the recent returns of athletes like Johnny Gargano and Karrion Kross to WWE. Roman Reigns is the only WWE athlete who has not joined the AEW roster since Triple H took over business operations.

Roman Reigns Signed A New Contract With WWE, Refused To Say For How Long

Reigns revealed that he recently extended his contract with WWE in a recent interview with Sports Illustrated. Regarding the duration of the agreement, he would state the following; “I don’t really like to give specifics, especially when there are times, different ways to play with these things."

Given that the majority of WWE main roster contracts are for 5 years, Reigns may be a WWE exclusive until 2027; but, as the company's most recognizable figure, he has more negotiating power.

Speaking On His Scaled Back Schedule

While Reigns was tight-lipped regarding the length of his deal, he was more forthcoming about his reduced workload. Reigns has this to say about his schedule;

“The main thing is, when you’ve been on the road for almost ten years straight, and someone who has been at the highest level, the main event level, I’ve run a full schedule for a long time. Even before we went to FOX, it changed to where it was SmackDown on Friday, two live events on Saturday and Sunday, and the occasional Monday Night Raw. That’s a four-night schedule, which isn’t as bad as it used to be. We used to do Friday, Saturday, Sunday live events, Monday Night Raw, tape SmackDown on Tuesday.

We were only getting a day and a half. This is before private travel, buses, and all that. Fly out Wednesday morning, get half of Wednesday, you get home and you’re tired. Half of Wednesday, then you have Thursday and are trying to handle personal life and family and everything that comes with that. Then you’re back out on Friday.

For me, it was trying to balance everything. Someone who has five children, we’re in a critical portion of their lives where they are so young and this is where we build these relationships and bonds and they get to know who their dad is. For me, it was extremely important that I can build my fatherhood as the priority and the number one hat that I wear. In WWE, Vince (McMahon) and everybody was very good about accommodating that and making sure to keep me in the WWE family… .”

(1) (Reply)

Aston Villa Vs Manchester City Live Stream (no Ads) / Sevilla Vs Manchester City / Breaking: Tuchel Sacked!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.